Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

If Halo 3 is picked up MLG it's reputation will be tarnished.

I don't understand how people can support a game where the main utility weapon is based on randomness.

Soo much butthurt it' sad really stockholm syndrome is high in here.

Honestly? 

Are we really going to shit on people because of what they choose? Once Halo 5 is out it wont matter anyway. 

Not everyone here has Halo 2 to the highest regard. Respect people's opinions and grow up. No one here is telling you what to play.

Are we really going back to MLG's tit AGAIN????????

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MLG still has a monopoly on Halo by tease tweeting every so often.

However, NBNS Reach was far and away the 3rd best competitive halo besides the fact that the maps blew donkey balls.

I dont like this opinion too much anymore, by the end we had (for disc maps)....

Countdown

Zealot

Powerhouse

Dammy

Beaver Creek

Anchor 9 (what should have been used)

Add in forge world pallet, and the High noon template that didnt get embraced by the comp community (couldnt make midship) and id say thats not bad, better than Midship and 2 other midships designed to fill the midship gap which didnt exist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As for the poll, its obviously between 2 and 3. I still maintain that those that started with 3 will give 2 a chance, but will end up favouring 3 over it (too many elements in 2 I feel H3 players would not enjoy).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont like this opinion too much anymore, by the end we had (for disc maps)....

Countdown

Zealot

Powerhouse

Dammy

Beaver Creek

Anchor 9 (what should have been used)

Add in forge world pallet, and the High noon template that didnt get embraced by the comp community (couldnt make midship) and id say thats not bad, better than Midship and 2 other midships designed to fill the midship gap which didnt exist.

Countdown, zealot, and powerhouse are 3 terrible maps. I don't have a valid opinion on anchor 9 as I never put much time into it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Honestly? 

Are we really going to shit on people because of what they choose? Once Halo 5 is out it wont matter anyway. 

Not everyone here has Halo 2 to the highest regard. Respect people's opinions and grow up. No one here is telling you what to play.

Maybe not everyone holds halo 2 or 1 to the highest regard, but EVERYONE should recognize that they are much better games than halo 3.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Countdown, zealot, and powerhouse are 3 terrible maps. I don't have a valid opinion on anchor 9 as I never put much time into it.

Saying its terrible then not saying why works.

Zealot plays a decent CTF and good bomb, but bad slayer.

Countdown is decent for CTF, room based map at a fast pace works wonders with the DMR.

Powerhouse is a good Hill map which is a different map style from the others and requires a different skill set. Each hill offers a radically different set up to the last, and so many potential routes to use.

Anchor 9 is Pit done right, without a stupid wall in the middle.

• Upvote (+1) 7

If they seriously ship H:CE without doing anything to the netcode I smell disaster for the population, might drop below H4 numbers. I love CE and all, but the average Xbox FPS player does not like leading shots based on ping.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe not everyone holds halo 2 or 1 to the highest regard, but EVERYONE should recognize that they are much better games than halo 3.

^ lol 

Halo 3 shat on numbers for both of those games. 

H2 was glory days but back then the mlg community was even more of a minority of the population than it is now.

H3 made MLG pop, online it could be frustrating but on >LAN< it was an amazing game all around. 

we compete on lan not online btw 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

^ lol 

Halo 3 shat on numbers for both of those games. 

H2 was glory days but back then the mlg community was even more of a minority of the population than it is now.

H3 made MLG pop, online it could be frustrating but on >LAN< it was an amazing game all around. 

we compete on lan not online btw

Halo 3 had issues even on lan, blank shots from br, bloodshots from sniper, and blank rockets. Halo 3 is a mediocre game. Halo CE is a masterpiece, Halo 2 is a great game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a perfect quote to how I see the forum talk around here. Especially since the announcement of Halo MCC. Halo CE players just seem to get mad when you say you had more fun playin other Halo's in the series.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? cT could not have been any more clear about what is happening here. CE guys KNOW that our game won't be as popular. We're fully expecting that. And we don't care. We truly do not care. We're just damn grateful to have CE on XBL. That's it. Whatever else you think is happening here is something you have constructed in your own mind. I hope you have a great time on whatever game you prefer. The end.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Soo much butthurt it' sad really stockholm syndrome is high in here.

I don't think you know what Stockholm syndrome is. No one was held captive by a video game. If anything, Stockholm syndrome would apply to the newer Halo games, since players were "held captive" away from older Halo games due to no online support.

The word you're looking for is "nostalgia".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep, lets see the Halo scientists counter this

Sounds like another salty CE kid. Calm down brah

Halo 3 had the best numbers because it got the most exposure, CE had no online support, and because it was easy to get a 50. Also it was easier, which we've seen with cod, proves to be more popular with casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get the feeling that the populations of the different games will even out over time. After all, if you brought a package with 4 different multiplayers, unless you hate one of the games you're gonna eventually play them all. (especially because of mixed game playlists)

And frankly, I have a hard time seeing people en masse sticking with just one of the multiplayers.

I'm speaking about this from a casual perspective if somehow I've offended you by saying that a sizable amount people will play Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also it was easier, which we've seen with cod, proves to be more popular with casuals.

Hate this logic that "easier the game the more popular with casuals it is, thus better esports numbers"

cs/sc/lol/dota are all far more comp than halo/cod and all are bigger esports wise.

Hate this logic that "easier the game the more popular with casuals it is, thus better esports numbers"

cs/sc/lol/dota are all far more comp than halo/cod and all are bigger esports wise.

There has been a legit esports scene for PC's since the 90's. Majority of people, at least that I know, prefer keyboard/mouse over a controller.

There has been a legit esports scene for PC's since the 90's. Majority of people, at least that I know, prefer keyboard/mouse over a controller.

....which has nothing to do with your original point of "casual games means bigger numbers for esports".

There are games on 360/PC easier than cod/lol/halo etc that arent bigger. Halo 4 was easier than 3.

Will be kind of interesting to see the Halo 4 population in MCC. The game do have a fan base and I am wondering if they will leave H4 for another Halo title.

....which has nothing to do with your original point of "casual games means bigger numbers for esports".

There are games on 360/PC easier than cod/lol/halo etc that arent bigger. Halo 4 was easier than 3.

Not any quality games that I know of. LoL and Dota have huge populations because they are quality games and no console will ever be able to have a MOBA that compares, much like how console won't ever have a RPS that can compete with SC2 because a mouse and keyboard simply work much much better for those games. Ranks are other things also play into a games popularity and longevity, but IMO Cods rise had a lot to do with A: Halo got worse and worse after Halo 2 and B: CoD was the new popular thing and a lot of people that just couldn't do decent in halo switched to CoD because it's much easier for casuals to hop into a CoD playlist and do well. Either way, you and I will never see eye to eye due to the fact that you were defending the maps in Reach when in my opinion they were terrible beyond words. People can enjoy any game they want and that's fine, but I think it's incredibly ignorant for anyone to not realize that Halo CE and 2 were far superior games.  For example, Halo 2 is my favorite halo by a long ways, but I know that CE is far and away a better competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

. Either way, you and I will never see eye to eye due to the fact that you were defending the maps in Reach when in my opinion they were terrible beyond words. 

I didnt realise how much Reach maps meant to you. If I say Pit > Dammy, are we ok?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didnt realise how much Reach maps meant to you. If I say Pit > Dammy, are we ok?

Hahah, it't not like I hate you now, I just hate reach. Dammy in CE was amazing, Dammy in Reach... not so much. So depends on which Dammy you are talking about.

I think Halo 2 will have significantly larger numbers, especially when the game first launches. But I think Halo 3 will do very well, and depending on the playlists, it could very well become as popular as Halo 2 over time. I don't know how 343 is planning on selecting the playlists, but if Halo 3 has a dedicated doubles and MLG playlist, I can see it being much more successful than if it just has a mishmash of gametypes.

I think that's the real question. How will the playlists work? Which game will get more TLC when it comes to competitive and social gametypes? The most popular game is likely to be the game with the most competitive, nostalgic and consistent playlists for people to rank up in.

I also think Halo 4 will bomb - so hard in fact that it'll slowly be phased out of most playlists.