Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

Quickest way to get neg rep. Disagree with someone about Halo 1. Lol

Yeah I know. We have a poster like you who likes all Halos, doesnt insult/attack anyone, and still gets neg repped by the CE elitests/scientists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I don't disagree with that at all! Halo has clearly been "dumb'd" down. My beef is the fact that those who are sour feel the need to lash out on those who have a difference of opinion as if they were the ones responsible for the death of a family member. Yeah some people have stronger voices, or deeper pockets than others. Yeah I hate some people, but I have the common decency to not publicly disrespect them because they might have been apart of the source that influenced change.

Personally I like to think that the passions I have are respectable... but the more and more I get on these forums with my fellow Halo fans I realize that respect doesn't exist, only nostalgic driven hot heads with a "proving wrong" quota to fill.

Here's another spot on quote about this topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I know. We have a poster like you who likes all Halos, doesnt insult/attack anyone, and still gets neg repped by the CE elitests/scientists.

I was just testing a new chemical reaction, and it must have gotten on my mouse and caused it to swerve right.

Here's another spot on quote about this topic.

It's ok, they'l be gone when CE doesnt make MLG again lol, and still attacking h2 kids.

I don't understand why it has to be one or the other for tournaments. Why can't there be both halo 1 and 2 tournaments?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not saying it because I think it's the best game, but I think H3 will have the highest population, as it still has a lot of active players and was the Halo game that was truly international in influence. 

I think most Halo tryhards (myself included) will be playing Halo 2, but realistically, H3 will have the highest population, and will be enjoyable to play with dedicated servers and 60 fps. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not saying it because I think it's the best game, but I think H3 will have the highest population, as it still has a lot of active players and was the Halo game that was truly international in influence.

I think most Halo tryhards (myself included) will be playing Halo 2, but realistically, H3 will have the highest population, and will be enjoyable to play with dedicated servers and 60 fps.

I'm curious to see if Halo 3, Halo reach and Halo 4 kids who never played halo 1 or halo 2 switch over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm curious to see if Halo 3, Halo reach and Halo 4 kids who never played halo 1 or halo 2 switch over.

I'd love to see at least Halo 4 kids try.  Halo 3 MLG definitely required understanding how to play traditional "real" Halo, but most H4 kids are going to get absolutely smashed if they try as they have no concept how to team shoot and situational decision-making within games. 

As h3 kid... God I hope I can kick ass in h2 XD. I remember my first lock out game in h2... Died Every 3 seconds in a ffa Lol..Played mm for like a month beforedanh3 came a long but I loved every minute of it. I was so happy to get a kill in either of those games ... Then I got better and better.. And better... I wish to travel this route again for Halo 2. :-)

• Upvote (+1) 1

how to team shoot and situational decision-making within games. 

Thats all h4 is

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope its not h2, It wouldn't be my first choice to watch or play those old graphics, but regardless of the choice I will play. I also think Halo 3 has better maps and game play for the competitive scene, I'm interested to see if online game play improves with this new release. IMO h3>

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm going to focus on Halo 3.

I hope we as a community are open to all Halo games in the collection and not shun people who dont prefer ur choice

I can already see some passive aggressive posts in this thread. The biggest Smash tournament APEX supports all Smash games, even Brawl.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

O My God i can't wait for this game to come out.

I'm going to use a weeks worth of PTO from work just to play the first week none stop.

200.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everytime A  new halo comes out it is the most recent MP that the majority fanbase plays. Either Halo 2's remasterd MP will be first or halo 4 or they will fight for first. follwed by halo 3 while halo 2 and ce fight for last. this isnt my preferred or hoped for order but the casual players will always play whats easier & halo 1 / original  halo 2 are way to cutthroat  for the casual fans.

History has already proven this when halo 3 completely took over halo 2's population till it shut down, then reach took over 3,s then 4 took over reach's.

Everytime A  new halo comes out it is the most recent MP that the majority fanbase plays. Either Halo 2's remasterd MP will be first or halo 4 or they will fight for first. follwed by halo 3 while halo 2 and ce fight for last. this isnt my preferred or hoped for order but the casual players will always play whats easier & halo 1 / original  halo 2 are way to cutthroat  for the casual fans.

History has already proven this when halo 3 completely took over halo 2's population till it shut down, then reach took over 3,s then 4 took over reach's.

I feel the complete downfall of halo's online population already proves that halo 4 will be nowhere near the top. The only reason halo 3 took over from halo 2 was because it was a new game that was on the xbox 360 and the competitive population moved over due to mlg running halo 3 and not halo 2.

Yes...and then everyone wanted to go back to Halo 2 or CE( minus MLG/AGL/IG of course because #devSupport) because the H3 BR was trash and then the Reach DMR was even more trash, then ZB came in and we had a decent Halo in our hands(with bad maps) and then Halo 4 happened and then Halo competitive scene died. People have the choice now to go back to Halo : CE for 2v2's  and Halo 2  4v4's, there is absolutely no need to go to Halo 3 or Halo 4 when we have better games in our hands. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really think this "everyone" mentality is out of hand. You cant speak for the entire fanbase and say everyone wants to go back to halo 2. My point is we all know causal players are the majority and they dont like to lose. They play whats most popular / easy. I really really doubt  ce / 2 will be the most played by casuals when they are the hardest halo games to play online.  I would love to be proven wrong about all of this come fall. It just seems very unlikely that casual players are going to sit and get destroyed by glitches & such when they have the option to play something easier. Only the hardcore and dedicated players will take the time needed to get good  at something like ce / 2.

The competitive scene should all be saved now though regardless. Online population shouldnt really play a part in this since the competitive tournament scene doesnt really have anything to do with how well each individual halo game is doing in online numbers right? Halo 1 & 2  and even 3 are there to play on xbox one so there shouldnt be any issue anymore with the competitive scene?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Halo 3 is picked up MLG it's reputation will be tarnished.

I don't understand how people can support a game where the main utility weapon is based on randomness.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Halo 3 is a good game and a good Halo. So i dont see a problem.

Halo 3 is a mediocre game and a mediocre halo with a miserable online experience. The only reason Halo 3 seems "good" is because of how bad Reach and H4 are. However, NBNS Reach was far and away the 3rd best competitive halo besides the fact that the maps blew donkey balls.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1