Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

It seems like all the Halo CE guys are mad because it's not going to be the most populated game. "Halo CE or DIE".

Thankfully I'm a Halo 2 guy :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Halo 2, easily.

CE, despite being the best game of them all, will probably be a consistent 3rd/4th place once the dust settles and the newcomers ragequit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems like all the Halo CE guys are mad because it's not going to be the most populated game. "Halo CE or DIE".

Only the people who talk about halo 1 more than play it are upset. me personally, all i need is 3 good players and im good to go.

Only the people who talk about halo 1 more than play it are upset. me personally, all i need is 3 good players and im good to go.

I'm not mad about Halo ce at all. Glad to see it finally get XBL support. But the Halo ce guys act like just because the skill gap is bigger that it's a better game then Halo 2.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not mad about Halo ce at all. Glad to see it finally get XBL support. But the Halo ce guys act like just because the skill gap is bigger that it's a better game then Halo 2.

as competitive players isnt that what should decide what game we consider to be better?

• Upvote (+1) 6

as competitive players isnt that what should decide what game we consider to be better?

Halo 2 is just as competitive IMO. I've played both and Halo 2 is much more fun as well.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Halo 2 is just as competitive IMO. I've played both and Halo 2 is much more fun as well.

when you say it is as competitive do you mean just as skillful? that adjective is very vague.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I already stated there's a bigger skill gap, but that doesn't mean that Halo 2 isn't competitive at all. Halo 2 is more fun to play in my opinion, and that's just my personal preference.

This goes back to statement that for halo ce guys it's "Halo CE or DIE". Lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't really think anyone is going to say that Halo 1 is going to have the most population. Halo 2 and even 3 were far more popular games online due to it being the first online experience for many players. On top of that, Halo 1 is brutal and unforgiving to people who aren't actually trying to get good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I already stated there's a bigger skill gap, but that doesn't mean that Halo 2 isn't competitive at all. Halo 2 is more fun to play in my opinion, and that's just my personal preference.

This goes back to statement that for halo ce guys it's "Halo CE or DIE". Lol

can you define what competitive means to you? i dont feel that the second quote explains the first one very well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2 and H3 all day. Gonna go for 50s in every playlist and run Matchmaking and not even touch poopy H4 :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

No one who champions the merits of halo 1 thinks it will be even close to the top population-wise.

No one will be mad when it isn't.

No one who is actually good at Halo 1 would think that Halo 2 has better core mechanics or higher skill gap.

No one cares what game you personally think is most fun, it's subjective.

No one should argue about anything at this point because we all have a game that will make us happy in a few months. Jesus can we drop the infighting? It's ********. I'm glad you enjoy Halo 2 or 3, that's awesome for you but you don't need to defend your choice against people who prefer something else, it reeks of insecurity. No CE people are mad about the population of anything. We get happy when we see four people hosting halo 1 on xbc. That's a good population night for us these days. WE WON'T CARE IF MORE PEOPLE LIKE SOMETHING ELSE.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't think any game will 'dominate', Halo 2 will probably have the strongest population however. The Remastered maps I imagine would attract quite a number of people and Halo 2 was most peoples first real multiplayer experience in Halo. Not sure where Halo 3 will be in the mix, it's popular, but unlike Halo 2 there has been nothing stopping us playing it. Halo 2 I think will get an influx simply because we've been deprived of it for while now. Plus we've got the formally Vista exclusive maps Uplift and District now.

I will personally be playing quite a lot of CE, I've only ever played splitscreen CE, 1v1s, 2v2, 3p FFA, so getting to play CE for realz is appealing to me. That and we are getting the PC maps. CE will be a fresh experience for me. A lot of people never have ever really played CE, so I suspect that might attract a good few players. Provided there not put off by the sound of a 3 shot pistol of course.

The way the playlists seem to be set up I think people will be jumping from game to game quite a lot so I don't think there is any need to fret.

No one who champions the merits of halo 1 thinks it will be even close to the top population-wise.

No one will be mad when it isn't.

No one who is actually good at Halo 1 would think that Halo 2 has better core mechanics or higher skill gap.

No one cares what game you personally think is most fun, it's subjective.

No one should argue about anything at this point because we all have a game that will make us happy in a few months. Jesus can we drop the infighting? It's ********. I'm glad you enjoy Halo 2 or 3, that's awesome for you but you don't need to defend your choice against people who prefer something else, it reeks of insecurity. No CE people are mad about the population of anything. We get happy when we see four people hosting halo 1 on xbc. That's a good population night for us these days. WE WON'T CARE IF MORE PEOPLE LIKE SOMETHING ELSE.

I never once said Halo ce was a bad game or tried to question anyone's opinion. Nor did i say anything close to what you stated. I admitted to Halo ce having a higher skill gap then two. I was the one who got attacked and questioned about my opinion and preference of halo 2.

I never once said Halo ce was a bad game or tried to question anyone's opinion. Nor did i say anything close to what you stated. I admitted to Halo ce having a higher skill gap then two. I was the one who got attacked and questioned about my opinion and preference of halo 2.

This started with

No one is mad about which game will be populated. That's my point.

You have some weird victim complex. No one is mad, no one attacked you. No one even cares that you think Halo 2 is more fun. The majority of people on this site find Halo 2 more fun, this isn't news.

Despite you typing and declaring it twice, we don't think "Halo CE or DIE." It's "Halo CE is my favorite and I don't care what you prefer."  Just don't go around trying to say that h1 is objectively worse. Less fun to you? Sure that's totally subjective and no one has any problem with that. Hell I am the biggest Halo CE advocate on this site and I spent last night playing Halo 4 SWAT but I'm lanning h1 tomorrow night. Anyone who says "*insert game* or DIE" is an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This started with

No one is mad about which game will be populated. That's my point.

You have some weird victim complex. No one is mad, no one attacked you. No one even cares that you think Halo 2 is more fun. The majority of people on this site find Halo 2 more fun, this isn't news.

Despite you typing and declaring it twice, we don't think "Halo CE or DIE." It's "Halo CE is my favorite and I don't care what you prefer." Just don't go around trying to say that h1 is objectively worse. Less fun to you? Sure that's totally subjective and no one has any problem with that. Hell I am the biggest Halo CE advocate on this site and I spent last night playing Halo 4 SWAT but I'm lanning h1 tomorrow night. Anyone who says "*insert game* or DIE" is an idiot.

Woah. Someone needs to calm down a little bit.

• Downvote (-1) 9

Woah. Someone needs to calm down a little bit.

He's just a salty CE kid that couldnt adapt to the BR and mad that CE wasnt as big at MLG than H3.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Honestly ever since Halo became a series everyone is butt hurt about everyone else's opinion. You cant go into any forum that is focused on one thing and speak ill of it in any way without someone jumping at the opportunity to make that person feel like crap. Personally if a forum topic is filled with people who love Halo CE the worst thing to do is express your opinion about how CE isn't the best. These forums aren't open minded... their a feeding frenzy. People sign in and say to themselves "Who can I correct today?" , just ignore them and let them have their religious moment.

This is a perfect quote to how I see the forum talk around here. Especially since the announcement of Halo MCC. Halo CE players just seem to get mad when you say you had more fun playin other Halo's in the series.

• Downvote (-1) 1

There wont be game xY has this amount of population...

Some playlists have all 4 games in it. And we dont know the amount of dedicated playlists for game xy.

IMO 343 should have only dedicated playlists, no mixed crap.

If someone only wants to play Halo 3, he should be able to play this as fast as possible. I hope 343 wont fuck this up.

He's just a salty CE kid that couldnt adapt to the BR and mad that CE wasnt as big at MLG than H3.

Whoa, calm down bro!

- :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 1