Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

Yeah I guess it does. I mean that's a given because of more auto-aim in H2. I like my bullets to go where I shoot them though. in CE you might be slightly off shot but still get the free 3sk or 3rd shot due to strafing + leading + bulletmag.

I wasn't specifically talking about spawn traps in H1, but yes I'm aware how spawn traps work and their use in competitive play. I was mentioning how you can just get shitty bad spawns right next to people off spawn or way too close to the enemy. 1v1's really show this in CE. As long as it's not H3's I'm good lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2 obviously. I think H3 will be more popular than CE though.

Halo 2 will have at least %50 of the population

Halo 3 will have around % 25

CE will have %15

Halo 4 will have %10 or less

I think this a reasonable guesstimate.

Any one else actually slightly pissed off that CE will have a lower population than Halo 2? Like yea, I'm ecstatic I finally get to play CE properly online with matchmaking and stuff, but there's some thing that irks me about a vastly inferior game getting all of the spot light and attention.

Yeah... I have my Halo 2 memories as well but CE is just a deeper game. I like learning and it gives me the sense that there's always more to learn.

It was great back then but the skill gap was too big

Bro :walshy:

I'd love to hear some pros chime in on this. That's quite an overstatement

Can we get Lethul in here? :frank:

H2, but I also be playing some H1 and H3. Sucks that there wont be the original H2 ranks though, I was looking forward to seeing someone get the first legit H2 50(Halo ring!) in H2A and seeing how far I could get myself  :(

I hope based Menke has something just as good or better up his sleeve.

Population wise I think it'll be: H2, H3, CE, 4. CE could surpass H3 at the start for people playing campaign, but I just can't see the average player staying on the multi-player for too long.

I think H2 and H3 will dominate.

I think kids will play a couple games of CE, get frustrated, then go on Waypoint and post about how the pistol is OP. Hope I'm wrong

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think H2 and H3 will dominate.

I think kids will play a couple games of CE, get frustrated, then go on Waypoint and post about how the pistol is OP. Hope I'm wrong

This is going to be the cold hard truth, " OMG my shots arent registering even though the reticle is red, this game SUCKS  !! "  while I just sit back and read all the raging posts in waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry, but this guy is just wrong. The changes to the pistol were intentional, but they were never actually tested signficantly and the ramifications they had were an accident. I have listened to many, many interveiw with people from Bungie and all of them have said that there was a last second change in the code that doubled the pistol damage. Here is an interview with Bungie Co-Founder Jason Jones who claims to have made the change : http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/8/4503242/bungie-co-founder-says-hes-to-blame-for-halos-overpowered-pistol

I've read all the same interviews. There are like 4 versions of this story. Go to the source IMO, the Halo CE multiplayer lead (also the guy who made Shadowrun).

Taken from a post-shadowrun interview with John Howard:

[22:07] <Kimona> <Hitzel> Here's a question for John Howard:

[22:07] <Kimona> <Hitzel> Hardcore Halo players agree that the Halo 1 Pistol is the "greatest mistake" to ever grace a videogame. Is there anything in Shadowrun that wasn't used as intended that improved the game as a whole?

[22:08] <JohnHoward> The Halo 1 pistol wasn't a mistake...

[22:08] <JohnHoward> It was also intended to be the ultimate hold out weapon

Howard intended it. "Bungie" is too broad a term. There are tons of people at bungie who dont like the h1 pistol. I specifically remember early in h2 a weekly update said that they hated "pistol-sniping whores" from halo 1. Thats also the first time I started hearing the lore of the nameless coder who supposedly doubled the damage at the last minute. Later it was said to be Jones. Fact of the matter is, Howard made h1 what it was and he made SR; the guy knows how to make a game and it was not an accident. The fact that your camo is less effective when using a sniper rifle (or any other ranged weapon) is something that Halo CE understood was important yet every other halo all the way to 4 still hasn't. Even little stuff like plasma weapons near every OS in every map. There is always a PR on the path to or around the corner from an overshield...in chilly, dammy, hh, priz little stuff like that shows that it was on purpose in my eyes.

Even the things in the competitive maps that suck are oversights, not poor decisions. The rockets on dere are stupid cause they spawn every 30 seconds, but if you dig into the map's code it's labeled as a flame thrower, not a rocket. That gun never made it into the final game so they made it a rocket last minute and hurriedly left the tag 'Flamethrower' which set the weapon to a 30 sec spawn instead of 2min. To this day I think that calling h1 an accident is a misconception. Some people at Bungie seem to think it was, but its a big company and it fits into their narrative to say that Halo 1 was not on purpose when you consider what Halo 2 was.

I will say this though. the glitches like quick-camo switch, backpack reload and double melee were all accidents. The game as a whole, was not. My friend insidious looked up another one of the multiplayer guys on LinkedIn and emailed him a bunch of questions a few years ago. He actually responded! All the glitches were definitely in error but from what the guy remembered, the overall design was not.

• Upvote (+1) 9

h2 but only because its getting the anniversary treatment so it will be the "newest" halo game available to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is going to be the cold hard truth, " OMG my shots arent registering even though the reticle is red, this game SUCKS  !! "  while I just sit back and read all the raging posts in waypoint.

I'm pretty new here, what's up with the constant Waypoint rosting?

I hope Halo 2 dominates the field by large margin with Halo CE following at second.