Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

I had 2 top 5 and 4 top 8 finishes for halo 2 MLGs and this statement is 100% accurate. There is no skill cap in halo 1 where as in any other halo everyone could 4 shot consistently.

Nice job, which events on what teams?

I agree on your point on CE, but not everybody could 4 shot, yes it was much easier than the Pistol by far, but the game still had a skill gap. Maybe it's not as big from the top AMs to Pros as in CE, but it's there. I disagree on it being light-years more competitive though.

There are many aspects of CE that were probably accidental, but the lead designer of the game has explicitly stated that the pistol was not one of them. It was intended as "the ultimate holdout weapon."

• Downvote (-1) 1

CE spawn system is a thing of beauty once you get to know it, random spawns takes a giant amount of skill out of a game. Until you have played any sort of halo at a decently high competitive level you shouldn't really talk about it. Your ignorance level is through the roof however.

It's a pretty good system, but I'm not a fan of spawn traps in any way or controlling them. Too many times in 1v1s on Prisoner I've spawned directly across from someone and domed off spawn. I've been playing comp. Halo since H2 while jumping back to CE, how am I ignorant? I've been playing the game for 10+ years and played with the top players and pros from my state in multiple events and LANs..

There are many aspects of CE that were probably accidental, but the lead designer of the game has explicitly stated that the pistol was not one of them. It was intended as "the ultimate holdout weapon."

Interesting, I've never heard this. Source?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sudd 1 and Sudd 2 were the only 2 Halo 4 votes.

#Warheads

Who voted for: Halo 4

It depends on how many copies will sell in the first 24 hours. I would love to log in on Nov 11 and see 1Mill. ppl playing Halo 2 like it was 10 years ago. However, there are too many good/big games out now that it probably won't happen. 

Side-note, the fact that there is 15K people that play H4 everyday is quite impressive, however H4 Pop in Nov for the XboxOne= GG

As long as it shows the live population count, I will be very happy. It would be fun to see the division between the 4 games.

Nice job, which events on what teams?

I agree on your point on CE, but not everybody could 4 shot, yes it was much easier than the Pistol by far, but the game still had a skill gap. Maybe it's not as big from the top AMs to Pros as in CE, but it's there. I disagree on it being light-years more competitive though.

Houston 05 - 5/6 - team halo 101

St. Louis 05 - 5/6 - dipjuice

Vegas 05 - 7/8 - don't remember name

Nashville 05 - 7/8 - shovel face pro

Seattle 05 - 7/8 - don't remember name

Anaheim 05 - 7/8 - don't remember name

I can't even respond to anything else because you won't understand. Everyone has their opinion

Interesting, I've never heard this. Source?

Sorry, but this guy is just wrong. The changes to the pistol were intentional, but they were never actually tested signficantly and the ramifications they had were an accident. I have listened to many, many interveiw with people from Bungie and all of them have said that there was a last second change in the code that doubled the pistol damage. Here is an interview with Bungie Co-Founder Jason Jones who claims to have made the change : http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/8/4503242/bungie-co-founder-says-hes-to-blame-for-halos-overpowered-pistol

Who voted for: Halo 4

It depends on how many copies will sell in the first 24 hours. I would love to log in on Nov 11 and see 1Mill. ppl playing Halo 2 like it was 10 years ago. However, there are too many good/big games out now that it probably won't happen. 

Side-note, the fact that there is 15K people that play H4 everyday is quite impressive, however H4 Pop in Nov for the XboxOne= GG

As long as it shows the live population count, I will be very happy. It would be fun to see the division between the 4 games.

Also, it is not realistic to expect those numbers since the console is so new.

Also, it is not realistic to expect those numbers since the console is so new.

As a Day One XboxOne owner, the console has been a complete bust. I have a strong feeling that the MCC will sell the XBox whereas last year there wasn't game(s) to sell. An example of this when I played COD Ghosts on the 360 and had a 400K+ Pop everyday and when I switched to the One a week later 25K pop. 

I'll be playing Halo CE For sure. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a pretty good system, but I'm not a fan of spawn traps in any way or controlling them. Too many times in 1v1s on Prisoner I've spawned directly across from someone and domed off spawn. I've been playing comp. Halo since H2 while jumping back to CE, how am I ignorant? I've been playing the game for 10+ years and played with the top players and pros from my state in multiple events and LANs..

Dude, spawn trapping only works against mediocre players. Any player with a decent amount of skill will find a way to give there partner a random spawn. Please dont talk about something that you have no idea about.

Those are just the ones I found interesting enough to save. The entire MLG forum was a complete mess with hate when Halo 2 came out.

As far as the pistol being overpowered, overpowered compared to what? 2x-zooming sniper that kills with two body shots faster than a TSK with the pistol? guaranteed shield-off grenades that have a 10foot radius? instant kill double melee? the guaranteed-flank-kill PR? Godly powerful and fast rockets? a shotty with the power to kill MC twice over and consistent functionality?

Everything is powerful, the game is fast. Nothing is overpowered.

Edit: on topic, obviously halo 2 will be the leader. Halo 3 and 4 will probably not be as far behind as everyone seems to think, with halo 1 in dead last because it will probably be laggy and kids these days are really spoiled. It might beat halo 4 for a few months but I think it will drop off.

Awesome CT. I cant believe I never saw these posts back in the day.

My sig. But yeah, I think Halo CE and 2 will dominate. I kind of feel sorry for Halo 4 on the 360 after this....it'll be gone. No I'm not kidding.

Those are just the ones I found interesting enough to save. The entire MLG forum was a complete mess with hate when Halo 2 came out.

As far as the pistol being overpowered, overpowered compared to what? 2x-zooming sniper that kills with two body shots faster than a TSK with the pistol? guaranteed shield-off grenades that have a 10foot radius? instant kill double melee? the guaranteed-flank-kill PR? Godly powerful and fast rockets? a shotty with the power to kill MC twice over and consistent functionality?

Everything is powerful, the game is fast. Nothing is overpowered. You just spawn with a small chance to beat a power weapon, the way a good game should be.

Edit: on topic, obviously halo 2 will be the leader. Halo 3 and 4 will probably not be as far behind as everyone seems to think, with halo 1 in dead last because it will probably be laggy and kids these days are really spoiled. It might beat halo 4 for a few months but I think it will drop off.

You're the man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What does that red bar next to your name mean?

It means halo 3 kids are salty that they suck at everything. I didn't take second in the shit talking award in 05 for nothing

• Upvote (+1) 5

It means halo 3 kids are salty that they suck at everything. I didn't take second in the shit talking award in 05 for nothing

Was it because geese shit a lot?

Gonna be playing me some H1.  Some really good times were had on those Halo PC maps.  I look forward to enjoying them on xbox.

Jazzy I love your sig, could you possibly make me one with a clip on my fileshare?

I think it will be Halo 2. It is a perfect mix of competitive while being super fun to play. Halo CE is unforgiving and won't be fun for the everyday player. Halo 2 hits the sweet spot and will be the most popular because of that.

Jazzy I love your sig, could you possibly make me one with a clip on my fileshare?

Someone on gaf made it for me.  I have no real gif skillz

Definitely Halo 2 or 3. I think Halo CE will still do fine, but it is very much more geared for the old school players who played it way back when it first came out - but I think a lot of people will try it since many did not get a chance to play it back in the day.