Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

You and I will never know if it was subconscious, that's purely speculation. I believe I read/heard they messed with some sort of damage setting and it made it a 3 shot. I've heard multiple account of it being on accident, not on purpose, however you want to word it. Believe what you will, but It's not like god or the guardians of FPS secretly through the force swayed their hand to make an overpowered 3-shot god pistol, "The greatest most graciously skillful weapon in FPS history". We get it your a Halo 1 kid as I am a H2 kid. It was great back then but the skill gap was too big and harsh.

Again, there is nothing over powered about the pistol and you're going to really struggle to pull of 3 shots the way you pull of 4 shots with the Halo 2 BR. There seems to be a misconception that because the Halo CE pistol could kill in 3 shots, that 3 shots suddenly become a common feature. Let's just say, in Halo CE montages, there's a reason they include single kill 3 shots, where as in Halo 2 montages, you NEVER see a single kill 4 shot BR.

I didn't say it was the most skillfull weapon in video game history, but it's the most skillfull weapon in console FPS games.

Saying that the skill gap is too big and harsh is like saying the skill gap on fighting games is too big and harsh. The beauty of Halo, like all truly competitive games, is that it's great and easy to pick up and play, but very difficult to master. That's why people had such a blast lanning the game with their friends back when the game came out. It was an amazingly fun game to just pick up and play with some buddies.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's going to be the real stats

1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo: CE

I love CE and everything, but c'mon. The popularity of that game is super low nowadays compared to the others.

Impliedly not chiefly as a direct result of its complete lack of online support?

Again, there is nothing over powered about the pistol and you're going to really struggle to pull of 3 shots the way you pull of 4 shots with the Halo 2 BR. There seems to be a misconception that because the Halo CE pistol could kill in 3 shots, that 3 shots suddenly become a common feature. Let's just say, in Halo CE montages, there's a reason they include single kill 3 shots, where as in Halo 2 montages, you NEVER see a single kill 4 shot BR.

I didn't say it was the most skillfull weapon in video game history, but it's the most skillfull weapon in console FPS games.

Saying that the skill gap is too big and harsh is like saying the skill gap on fighting games is too big and harsh. The beauty of Halo, like all truly competitive games, is that it's great and easy to pick up and play, but very difficult to master. That's why people had such a blast lanning the game with their friends back when the game came out. It was an amazingly fun game to just pick up and play with some buddies.

A 3 shot weapon with that kill-time in any FPS, in my opinion, is overpowered. I'm aware of how difficult the 3sk is vs. the 4sk. Which reminds me, I'm not a fan of the randomness of the pistol. Sometimes you can be rewarded for missing, which isn't the case in H2. You might miss a bit to the left, but they might strafe a certain way to have it hit them. Less skilled players can get 3sk or even that final shot through luck. I'm not a fan of randomness in my FPS.

I know you didn't say that, I was mocking you a bit because of how passionately you love and cling to the pistol.

I wouldn't compare FPS skill to Fighting skill, but I get what you are saying. I prefer the skill gap of Halo 2 to 1 because it's smaller, less harsh and random than CE. Also, it had some bad spawns. I think H2 only had a few spawn traps and bad spawns on Middy FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

I think it will be at the beginning

1.Halo 2

2.Halo 3

3.Halo CE

4.Halo 4

But as time goes on and people settle on there games it will be

1.Halo 3

2.Halo 2 

3.Halo CE

4.Halo 4

This is for the simple fact that many people will stick with what they like and in terms of population halo 3 killed halo 2 now you may say not as many people had xbox live back then still halo 3 had A HUGE following it may not be the best in our circle but the game wasn't a bad game.But in the competitive community  2 will trump 3 and I think it will be 1 then 3 but not a far gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Impliedly not chiefly as a direct result of its complete lack of online support?

Wasn't implying that. More of a response to those who say it's going to be the most 2nd popular title in terms of population.

Halo 1- I think it will do fine online. We never played CE online with the exception of XBC. So if H1 is going to be the 2nd or 3rd most popular is up in the air.

Halo 2- Like everybody else, it will be the most popular because of the support that 343 is giving it, and what they have been showing off lately. Because you know H2 is turning 10.

Halo 3- Another debate if it's going to be 2nd or 3rd most popular. The only thing backing up H3 is the fact that it's going to have forge, and theater mode. Hopefully the connection will be much better than what it is now on 360.

Halo 4- Like H3, is has forge and theater mode. However, everyone including myself who are competitive Halo player can agree that this game was made for casual play. If anything, H4 will most likely take the 4th spot.

Bottom Line, I think Halo 1-3 are going to do well. And even if Halo 5 turns out to be a flop (hopefully it shouldn't because there are more people working on it than H4), we always have something to fall back to.

Halo 2 or Halo 3 will probably be the most successful. Won't be what I'm playing though :>

A 3 shot weapon with that kill-time in any FPS, in my opinion, is overpowered. I'm aware of how difficult the 3sk is vs. the 4sk. Which reminds me, I'm not a fan of the randomness of the pistol. Sometimes you can be rewarded for missing, which isn't the case in H2. You might miss a bit to the left, but they might strafe a certain way to have it hit them. Less skilled players can get 3sk or even that final shot through luck. I'm not a fan of randomness in my FPS.

I know you didn't say that, I was mocking you a bit because of how passionately you love and cling to the pistol.

I wouldn't compare FPS skill to Fighting skill, but I get what you are saying. I prefer the skill gap of Halo 2 to 1 because it's smaller, less harsh and random than CE. Also, it had some bad spawns. I think H2 only had a few spawn traps and bad spawns on Middy FFA.

Halo 2 rewards misses far far more frequently than CE does. Are you familiar with how insane that game's bullet magnetism is?

Also spawn traps in H1 are the direct result of players' actions within the game. The game affords you a ton of agency with spawns, and much of the skill in high level play involves manipulating them to create and escape traps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 rewards misses far far more frequently than CE does. Are you familiar with how insane that game's bullet magnetism is?

Also spawn traps in H1 are the direct result of players' actions within the game. The game affords you a ton of agency with spawns, and much of the skill in high level play involves manipulating them to create and escape traps.

Yeah I guess it does. I mean that's a given because of more auto-aim in H2. I like my bullets to go where I shoot them though. in CE you might be slightly off shot but still get the free 3sk or 3rd shot due to strafing + leading + bulletmag.

I wasn't specifically talking about spawn traps in H1, but yes I'm aware how spawn traps work and their use in competitive play. I was mentioning how you can just get shitty bad spawns right next to people off spawn or way too close to the enemy. 1v1's really show this in CE. As long as it's not H3's I'm good lol.

Halo 2 appeals to the masses and highly competitive. It shall dominate. 

although I personally will be spending every last second trying to get 2v2 LANS started in my town for CE

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 2 gets my vote.

Most of my friends, who are casual gamers, are the most excited for Halo 2; although, it could be the fact that we are all in our 20s. I think anyone who got to play Halo 2 in its heyday will automatically feel more of a pull to it. I am also really excited to play Halo 1 again, but I was pretty young (7th-8th grade) when it was relevant, and I think I am a little bit above the average age of the current halo player. Even players who didn't experience H2 hear how everyone talks about it, which creates the allure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unfortunately Halo 3 will be ahead of Halo 1 not easy to see why the "MLG" pro gamers of H3 would be like xXJohn CowboyxX from Reach on Halo 1.

Holy shit wait Halo CE was/is more competitive than Halo 2? I must have missed out then, I never really played Halo CE multiplayer because o yeah it was never on xbox live :/  I always thought it was Halo 2, and I'm suprised no one has mention 2v2 on Halo 2, double team on Halo 2 was the shit too.

Halo 2 appeals to the masses and highly competitive. It shall dominate. 

although I personally will be spending every last second trying to get 2v2 LANS started in my town for CE

Rep for the sig

Will we be able to LAN it though? Maybe I didn't hear about that but I thought we didn't know yet.

Unfortunately Halo 3 will be ahead of Halo 1 not easy to see why the "MLG" pro gamers of H3 would be like xXJohn CowboyxX from Reach on Halo 1.

I wouldn't count it out. H1 1080i 60fps ded. servers + the old CE/PC community coming back + pros and pros bringing along fans with them to the game. I'm sure a lot of H3 and beyond players who started with CE are out there. I know a few locals from WA and some of our pro players Proxa, Yahtzee, Toxin who could all come back. 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 + BTB will be really fun regardless of competitiveness. We have a much larger FPS community now, who knows who will switch from 3-2-1 or 2-1 4-1, it could happen.

It will be interesting to see how the populations turn out

Yeah I guess it does. I mean that's a given because of more auto-aim in H2. I like my bullets to go where I shoot them though. in CE you might be slightly off shot but still get the free 3sk or 3rd shot due to strafing + leading + bulletmag.

I wasn't specifically talking about spawn traps in H1, but yes I'm aware how spawn traps work and their use in competitive play. I was mentioning how you can just get shitty bad spawns right next to people off spawn or way too close to the enemy. 1v1's really show this in CE. As long as it's not H3's I'm good lol.

They go more where you point them in H1 then they ever will in H2.

And to bring up your bullet travel argument, in H2 you might be slightly off but still get the 4SK because the guy strafed into your reticle at the last second and pulled it across the screen for you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit wait Halo CE was/is more competitive than Halo 2? I must have missed out then, I never really played Halo CE multiplayer because o yeah it was never on xbox live :/  I always thought it was Halo 2, and I'm suprised no one has mention 2v2 on Halo 2, double team on Halo 2 was the shit too.

CE is light years more competitive than any other halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They go more where you point them in H1 then they ever will in H2.

And to bring up your bullet travel argument, in H2 you might be slightly off but still get the 4SK because the guy strafed into your reticle at the last second and pulled it across the screen for you.

That's the thing, I get that it's more realistic to have to lead. I simply prefer the instantaneous hit registry of the BR vs. Pistol. I don't want to have to point to the left of a guy strafing left and fire, which in my opinion missed the target because it's not instant like I assume a pistol or rifle to work in close-medium quarters.

• Downvote (-1) 2

CE is light years more competitive than any other halo game.

I'd love to hear some pros chime in on this. That's quite an overstatement

• Downvote (-1) 2

That's the thing, I get that it's more realistic to have to lead. I simply prefer the instantaneous hit registry of the BR vs. Pistol. I don't want to have to point to the left of a guy strafing left and fire, which in my opinion missed the target because it's not instant like I assume a pistol or rifle to work in close-medium quarters.

It's not that it's more realistic, it just nerfs a weapon at range in a nonrandom way. It requires skill to be able to accurately predict where your shots will go and when.

But it's okay to dislike certain mechanics because they're difficult.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're a ******. If you think anyone in the world gets three shots consistently you're an idiot. It's not as easy as you think, there is zero luck involved in pistol skill especially when you're going to be pinging anywhere from 50-100. CE spawn system is a thing of beauty once you get to know it, random spawns takes a giant amount of skill out of a game. Until you have played any sort of halo at a decently high competitive level you shouldn't really talk about it. Your ignorance level is through the roof however.

I'd love to hear some pros chime in on this. That's quite an overstatement

I had 2 top 5 and 4 top 8 finishes for halo 2 MLGs and this statement is 100% accurate. There is no skill cap in halo 1 where as in any other halo everyone could 4 shot consistently.

Bungie didn't do any thing by accident. They can claim that they never intended CE MP to be so popular or that it was an accident, but it wasn't. No masterpiece like that ever happened by accident. Bungie subconsciously created a masterpiece in Multiplayer console FPS gaming with Halo CE, just because they weren't consciously aware of it doesn't mean that it was an accident.

Bungie did tons of stuff on accident. Basically anything you liked in a Halo game, it was an accident.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're a ******. If you think anyone in the world gets three shots consistently you're an idiot. It's not as easy as you think, there is zero luck involved in pistol skill especially when you're going to be pinging anywhere from 50-100. CE spawn system is a thing of beauty once you get to know it, random spawns takes a giant amount of skill out of a game. Until you have played any sort of halo at a decently high competitive level you shouldn't really talk about it. Your ignorance level is through the roof however.

As I said I've been playing Halo since CE so I obviously know how difficult a consistent 3-shot is. Luck is definitely involved, much less than H2. If another player strafes a certain way and you accidentally miss, the game can drag the bullet to their head for the kill. It happens, can be random and Halo 2 doesn't have this. I know you can get a free kill if someone strafes into your shot, I'm talking about when you slightly miss a shot in H1 you still might get the kill.

You can consistently get a 4-shot with the BR, you can't with the Pistol. This leaves room for luck and randomness, no thanks..

• Downvote (-1) 3

Gonna be playing me some H1.  Some really good times were had on those Halo PC maps.  I look forward to enjoying them on xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As I said I've been playing Halo since CE so I obviously know how difficult a consistent 3-shot is. Luck is definitely involved, much less than H2. If another player strafes a certain way and you accidentally miss, the game can drag the bullet to their head for the kill. It happens, can be random and Halo 2 doesn't have this. I know you can get a free kill if someone strafes into your shot, I'm talking about when you slightly miss a shot in H1 you still might get the kill.

You can consistently get a 4-shot with the BR, you can't with the Pistol. This leaves room for luck and randomness, no thanks..

Luck and randomness? You mean skill? There is no way you played ce. This literally blows my mind at how dumb it is. Like unbelievable

• Upvote (+1) 1