Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

As for population of the games, it will go 2>3>ce>4 most likely.

Can't wait to try ce 2v2s and H2 4s as everyone is saying they're amazing.

I think the halo 1 2v2 playlist will be slightly under h2 2v2's playlist,

but h2 wins across the board

h3 btb might win the btb playlists.

Pretty sure Reach and Halo 4's big team were a lot more popular then Halo 3s with the ratio of people in the playlist to total population.

I'll mainly be sticking to the H1 and H2 specific playlists as they are my two favorite games of all time but I can definitely see myself searching the playlists with all games to mix things up a bit. I'll more than likely never vote for H3 or H4 gametypes as anything from H1 and H2 is better, but if the lobby I'm in decides to play a gametypes from one of the downgraded Halo's, I wouldn't mind every now and then. Halo 2 will more than likely have the highest population though.

Pretty sure Reach and Halo 4's big team were a lot more popular then Halo 3s with the ratio of people in the playlist to total population.

b/c h3's always required the maps. 4's/reach's don't.

It's just a prediction tho. h3's btb rotation > h2's/hr/h4 imo. h1 might be a contender as well. also the mcc collection doesn't have reach

I'm thinking Halo 2 will have the most population, Halo 3 three next, then CE, and finally Halo 4. However, If all of the good players only play two games. I can see Halo 3 becoming the most popular over time, like the competitive playlist in Reach and 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to have to say H2 and then H3  but having all of those games in 1080p and 60fps is going to be crazy good + having all of the HALO population on one game will Very nice.

Really suck H2 is going to get all the attention when CE is such a better game of skill. But I guess I should just be happy people will be playing a GOOD Halo game none the less.

• Upvote (+1) 1

b/c h3's always required the maps. 4's/reach's don't.

It's just a prediction tho. h3's btb rotation > h2's/hr/h4 imo. h1 might be a contender as well. also the mcc collection doesn't have reach

I know it doesn't have reach, I never said it did.

I agree that Halo 3 btb was better then the rest (not much experience with halo 2 btb), not sure how 8v8 ce would play online.

Not sure if they map requirement was really a factor, as there were 4 playlists that you could play without them i think, most people had the ODST disk with the maps on.

Imagine if Halo 4 was the dominant game as people new to the franchise assumed it was the best as it was the most recent.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 2 will be the most popular. It's in that Goldilocks zone: more competitive than Halo 3 and 4, but not as jarringly merciless as Halo 1.

I think it will pleasantly surprise those who did not have a chance to play it during its height; an accurate utility weapon makes every portion of the game better, from Big Team to SWAT to standard Slayer.

Also, Halo 2 has arguably the best maps of the series, and even the loyalists on Halo 4 will be relieved to play true maps like Waterworks, Relic, and Beaver Creek. Not to mention 8v8 on Midship is more chaotic than anything Halo 4 offers, yet twice as tolerable.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The Beyond staff have been having some interesting discussions about what game we think will dominate the scene from the Master Chief collection.  I honestly cant really decide, but it is for sure between Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3.

My personal opinions:

-Halo 1 brings that classic multiplayer and competitive experience to the table but is it really TRULY appealing to people outside of our community?  I feel like Halo 1 could be the hidden goat in this situation and rise to the top on Twitch, competitions etc, but I feel like it is the underdog here.

-Halo 2 was the game that personally defined Xbox Live for me, and made me into a Halo fan. I think that a current generation Halo 2 will absolutely dominate the scene just because a lot more people had the chance to actually play it over Halo: CE - which makes it more appealing to a mass audience.

-Halo 3 is in the same boat as Halo 1 for me.  I think more people played Halo 3 in the current gaming community than Halo 2 or Halo 1, which may give it an edge over the other games in the collection.  Also on dedicated servers and in 1080p it will probably be pretty fun to play (minus the netcode :/ )

-Halo 4 has been out for awhile and still has new players playing.

I personally would like to see Halo 1  &  Halo 2  become the most popular Halo titles leading up to Halo 5 Guardians, and become the standard for tournaments once again.

What game do you guys think will rise up?

Halo 2 will dominate for a multitude of reasons but to hit the highlights, it will be, to use 343i's phraseology, accessible. There's a skill gap and meta game, but it's not as large as CE. 3 shotting is hard as fuck to do consistently and I don't think kids are going to like getting 3 shot over and over. More people like 4v4 than 2v2 generally imo as well.

Not to mention a new wave of kids getting to play incredibly fun game types like zanzibar 1 flag, btb waterworks capture the flag, headlong 1 flag, Of course blood gulch flag games will probably become ridiculously popular as well.

Here's going to be the real stats

1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo: CE

I love CE and everything, but c'mon. The popularity of that game is super low nowadays compared to the others.

as much as I would love to see Halo 1 dominate...its probably going to be halo 2.  I wouldn't count halo 1 out entirely though.  I feel like a lot of new players will be more intrigued to at least try it out because it is going to be WAY more accessible than in the past now that it is on xbox live.

Halo4 with the 0 vote #dominance

#CRS

#LobbyBackOut

#Jetpack

#sprint

Long list of stuff I dont like

I can only think that side of the disk will have a very low population.

GG Halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any one else actually slightly pissed off that CE will have a lower population than Halo 2? Like yea, I'm ecstatic I finally get to play CE properly online with matchmaking and stuff, but there's some thing that irks me about a vastly inferior game getting all of the spot light and attention. 

Who knows, maybe when all of the H2/H3 kids finally get a taste of CE, they too will realise just how inferior and weak they are compared to the goat. You just can't beat that raw CE gameplay, nothing else compares.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Here's going to be the real stats

1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo 4
  4. Halo: CE

I love CE and everything, but c'mon. The popularity of that game is super low nowadays compared to the others.

All it takes is 1 fun game experience and kids will be hooked. Don't underestimate the power of btb on blood gulch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe CE, most likely 2. I am mainly curious how Halo CE will play with servers. I never played it on PC, so maybe it ran fine, but on XBC/Gamespy if you weren't host the game was much harder to play online.

Any one else actually slightly pissed off that CE will have a lower population than Halo 2? Like yea, I'm ecstatic I finally get to play CE properly online with matchmaking and stuff, but there's some thing that irks me about a vastly inferior game getting all of the spot light and attention. 

Who knows, maybe when all of the H2/H3 kids finally get a taste of CE, they too will realise just how inferior and weak they are compared to the goat. You just can't beat that raw CE gameplay, nothing else compares.

I love CE but 2 is definitely better IMO and will earn it's higher population. CE does have it's issues like bad spawns and well, I prefer not to have to lead my shots with an overpowered pistol. I wouldn't count out CE's population either, I think it will give H3 a run for it's money. HD 60fps ded. servers will make H1 VERY popular. There is a big sleeping CE community and I personally know a lot of people who would rather play H1 than any other Halo especially with these upgrades. 1v1,2v2, BTB who knows what playlists we will get for it. PLUS those PC maps

:gandhi:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Im a h2 guy who has played CE quiet a bit and enjoyed playing and watching Halo 2 more. It's all a personal preference.