Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Which game will dominate?

Which game will dominate?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will dominate?

The Beyond staff have been having some interesting discussions about what game we think will dominate the scene from the Master Chief collection.  I honestly cant really decide, but it is for sure between Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3.

My personal opinions:

-Halo 1 brings that classic multiplayer and competitive experience to the table but is it really TRULY appealing to people outside of our community?  I feel like Halo 1 could be the hidden goat in this situation and rise to the top on Twitch, competitions etc, but I feel like it is the underdog here.

-Halo 2 was the game that personally defined Xbox Live for me, and made me into a Halo fan. I think that a current generation Halo 2 will absolutely dominate the scene just because a lot more people had the chance to actually play it over Halo: CE - which makes it more appealing to a mass audience.

-Halo 3 is in the same boat as Halo 1 for me.  I think more people played Halo 3 in the current gaming community than Halo 2 or Halo 1, which may give it an edge over the other games in the collection.  Also on dedicated servers and in 1080p it will probably be pretty fun to play (minus the netcode :/ )

-Halo 4 has been out for awhile and still has new players playing.

I personally would like to see Halo 1  &  Halo 2  become the most popular Halo titles leading up to Halo 5 Guardians, and become the standard for tournaments once again.

What game do you guys think will rise up?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 1/2 is what I'll be playing the most with some Halo 3 occasionally thrown in.

My gut feeling is Halo 2 and Halo 3 though mostly.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Halo 2.

• Defined Xbox Live.
  • It's Halo 2's Anniversary.
  • Appeals to a larger audience.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Probably Halo 2; it seems to be the primary experience 343 is pushing and its familiar enough for Halo 3 players to enjoy as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a feeling Halo 2 is going to be the most popular of the three. Only because throughout the entire Halo series all you've ever hear your friends say is, "I wish Halo 2 was back on" or "Halo 2 is the best Halo." People that never had the internet, or were never around to play the online experience are now going too; which I can't wait for!

Halo CE will be the second favorite in the collection just because that is the Halo game everyone started out with. I still remember going to the mid night release with a friend's mom (being that I was 10 years old at the time), coming back to his place and just playing the shit out of the game. Now that it is coming with a multiplayer engine I can't wait in all honesty. It's going to be FUCKING AMAZING.

Halo 3 is going to be the third favorite of the collection. This is where a lot of people started taking Halo seriously and competitively in MLG. The multiplayer netcode was this shittiest of all the Halo's, but at the same time it was the most enjoyable.

I really can't wait for this collection to come out just to get that nostalgic, competitive feeling again! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Halo 2 will be the most popular, but I would love to see some way a tournament organizer could possibly run 4v4 events for H2 while at the same time doing 2v2s for Halo CE. I'm very interested in learning more CE as the game is online, and looking forward to getting owned by good players with experience haha.

It would just be a nice change of pace to see both games played at the same time if possible. I don't think we should choose one over the other.

I think the halo 1 2v2 playlist will be slightly under h2 2v2's playlist,

but h2 wins across the board

h3 btb might win the btb playlists.

H:CE and Halo 2 I hope. At least that's what I'll be playing. So stoked. :D

I love Halo 2 and will be playing it constantly, both campaign and multiplayer. However, Halo 1 has never been played online, and I REAAAALLY miss my 3 shot death pistol, as well as the mechanics and maps(Chill Out) so I may end up being on that game just as much. Halo 3 I will hop on for BTB with friends i'm sure, we always had fun jamming out on that, coordinating vehicle attacks. Halo 4.....eh i'll play campaign now and then...jump on MP for shits and giggles possibly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe Halo 2 will be the most popular game out of the collection. It's such a fun competitive game to play and watch. I'll be switching off from Halo 2 to Halo 1. But Halo 3 and Halo 4 were a disappointment to me.

Its for sure going to be Halo 2 but i also hope Halo 3 even though it had a horrible netcode i still have a ton of great memories playing that game and with dedicated servers i cant wait to play it.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its for sure going to be Halo 2 but i also hope Halo 3 even though it had a horrible netcode i still have a ton of great memories playing that game and with dedicated servers i cant wait to play it.   

I'm saying Halo 2 for sure, but you did mention a good point, H3 with dedicated servers could be great, though it shouldn't outdo H2, but the experience could be MUCH better this time around.

Hopefully CE and H2, especially throughout the competitive community. The more casual guys will flood H2 and H3, but I hope the more competitive guys will embrace the greatness of CE as well as Halo 2. 

these next couple months are going to go at a snail's pace....

• Upvote (+1) 6

Quality thread, I bet there will be a lot of variation in the replies in here :maven:

H2 obviously. Bold prediction: H4 will continue to have more casual players than H3. I'm not crazy enough to say it will have more players overall, though.

It's going to be interesting to see the different camps and where the community will be distributed. Halo 1 and 2 are going to do VERY well. I wonder if Halo 1/2 will show population in game like H3. Here in WA we had a BIG Halo CE community. My buddy Heavy Arms and lots of other old veterans (Death, Proxa, Yahtzee, Toxin) will probably come back, at least for a while.

Halo CE

1v1, 2v2, hell I'm sure even 4v4, FFA and BTB will probably explode. I never got the proper BTB H1 experience and I think we will see lots of online events. I'd love a Team Snipers playlist for it. Oh and RACE?!

:kappa:

Halo 2

Warlock 1v1s, the proper conclusion to an FFA event (Karma was the man), 4v4, FFA, BTB, Snipes. Maybe we can get Warlock Carbines back and Team Snipes on Sanctuary. Golden Showers on Backwash anyone? I'm excited for it all.

Halo 3

I'll be avoiding H3 besides the campaign and achievements, but I know it will do pretty good too. There will be a solid H3 community. especially with all the enhancements. There will be a feeling out period where people hop between different games until they settle on 1 or 2 (hah).

Halo 4...lol, more of the same I'm guessing. If anything look for the H4 population to crash more than it already has.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Realistically Halo 2 and 3 will have the most population. I see them having pretty even population with Halo 2 on top just because of the nostalgia factor with that game. They're the most similar and the most popular and in my OPINION they are the most fun.

I don't see Halo 1 having that many people playing it because it just wasn't built to be played online and is just the worst over XBC. I played Aches on H1 over XBC and he beat me like 50-4 due to the fact that on my end I would just drop dead without even hearing his pistol shoot and my shots wouldn't register. Not saying I would've beat him, but the game would've been more close than it was. Who knows, I could be wrong on that. 

Halo 4 is Halo 4 and no one really liked it. With the options of Halo 1-3 the only people I could see playing are the kids who started Halo with Halo 4.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see Halo 1 having that many people playing it because it just wasn't built to be played online and is just the worst over XBC. I played Aches on H1 over XBC and he beat me like 50-4 due to the fact that on my end I would just drop dead without even hearing his pistol shoot and my shots wouldn't register. Not saying I would've beat him, but the game would've been more close than it was. Who knows, I could be wrong on that. 

Dedicated servers will eliminate those issues. I know it wasn't built for it, but I don't see why it wont work as long as the connection is crisp like they've promised.

Dedicated servers will eliminate those issues. I know it wasn't built for it, but I don't see why it wont work as long as the connection is crisp like they've promised.

This is true. I really hope I am wrong because H1 would be fun as hell. I've never played with more than 4 people.

As much as I want it to be Halo 1, I'm positive the Halo 2 population will be the largest by far. I'll be spending all of my time with Halo 1 so as long as I have three other people to play with I'll be happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2