Sign in to follow this  
Davesterio

Could the rank system in the MCC "fix" Halo 4?

It's an illusion IMO. Jacked up bullet magnetism makes it feel your shot is registering better. It also gives you kills where you shouldn't have gotten one.

I don't see how that makes for a better netcode.

On topic: I'm gonna repeat what's been said before and I agree with it. A ranking system doesn't make up for the gameplay being subpar. I don't want to play that game ever again, but that's just me. lol

Bullet magnetism is considered part of netcode??

Whats been said about the ranking system in this game? Is it visible? I know Quin posted you can level up and down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I liked H4 for what it was. I stopped playing because there was nothing to strive for + as many people have already said the game isn't the best compared to the other Halo games. I'll definitely be playing all four games in the collection. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bullet magnetism is considered part of netcode??

His point was that the bullet magnetism made the netcode seem better than it actually was. I personally have no idea.

Not going to lie, I enjoyed Halo 4 for what it was too.  It was a slow-paced game of attrition, but I could still have my fun with friends.

I had a lot of fun trying to make Regen as viable as possible, abusing the shield recharge mechanics when strafing back and forth at the edge of a bubble and the broken cooldown time when using that one AA cooldown perk.  I remember lots of people not believing me when I told them about it and then saying "holy shit, you're right" when they saw me holding my ground against entire teams by myself with it.

I did stop playing in like January when I realized that competitive settings/maps were going to bore me and Murder Miners was waayyyy more fun than default Halo 4.

I'm probably not going to vote for Halo 4 often if at all, but when it comes up in "All Games" matchmaking I'll enjoy my Halo 4 in moderation.  it'll also be neat to see all of the DLC maps that I never purchased or played on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nope, I played halo for 10 years before halo 4 and halo 4 made me quit. Nothing will make me like halo 4.

I am going to play every Halo game and attempt to achieve the highest rank.

I believe that Halo 4 will probably be the hardest. Why? Because all of the things that make it unbalanced and intolerable. It's next to impossible to get a good rank on the game if you fight people that play really dirty. That is a challenge to me, as is the challenge to remaster the previous Halo games that take more skill and are more enjoyable. I already know how Halo 1 and 2 play, and I was pretty darn good at them when I was a kid. I know it will take a shorter time to achieve those ranks than it will Halo 4, because Halo 4 is all about the question, "What the hell is gonna happen next?"

I'm going to start from 4, all the way back to Combat Evolved. It will progressively get more and more challenging to get the highest rank. I'm gonna master every Halo, even if it means people will wonder why I bothered with the terrible one.

Did you not just say that Halo 4 will be the hardest game to achieve max rank? And a few sentences later, did you not just say that Halo 4 was the easiest game to achieve max rank? Is this not blatant contradiction?

I'll lay the smack down on any jebroni that tries to stop me achieving a 50 in every playlist in every game. 

My God. Haven't heard that in almost 13 years. lol 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you not just say that Halo 4 will be the hardest game to achieve max rank? And a few sentences later, did you not just say that Halo 4 was the easiest game to achieve max rank? Is this not blatant contradiction?

Skill wise, the games will get harder to master. Halo 4 is an exception because of how it works in Infinity gametypes. I suppose what I meant to say was the button combos and positioning will require lots of brains and effort, as opposed to random elements and cheap tactics.

It would help but NO it will not fix all that is wrong and when we have H2/H3 and H1 to pick from there is very very little i wan tot play on Halo 4 when i can pick those other 3

(HALO 4 HAD A FEW GOOD 6v6 and 8v8 maps)

no,  the only thing that can fix H4 is promod

Nah, even that can't fix it with the shitty map selection. 

I remember lots of people not believing me when I told them about it and then saying "holy shit, you're right" when they saw me holding my ground against entire teams by myself with it.

Can you explain this more? I'm trying to get better than my bro @H4 as he's beaten me in every game. I'll cheat if I have to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can it? Possibly...however if the HMCC ranking system was it Halo 4...I would probably not be SR 130 right now...

No it won't fix it. It'll definitely make it tolerable though.

Nah, even that can't fix it with the shitty map selection. 

forge

You simply can't fix something that is infinitely broken. There is not enough time in a human life to fix Halo 4. 

I've been thinking, maybe once The Master Chief Collection comes out and we all start playing, maybe after twenty Halo 2 games, ten Halo 1 games, and five Halo 3 games, maybe one Halo 4 game might not be so bad after all if you treat Halo 4 as just a different gametype.

Now that bring the question, since the MCC is said to have a ranking system for every game would you enjoy playing Halo 4 every once in awhile or do you think it would be fun to level grind and get a 50? (if that's the level cap)

Sure the ranking system should drastically improve the matchmaking system for Halo 4...

However it can't fix; flinch, no de-scope, sprint, armour abilities, ordinance etc...

Will I play Halo 4 on MCC?.... maybe once or twice out of pure curiosity or if some idiots vote for it on the mixed game playlist but I will be sticking with the original trilogy 99% of the time thanks.

Halo 2 all the way baby! :D Will fairly regularly play H1 & H3 though.

H2 for life <3

Can you explain this more? I'm trying to get better than my bro @H4 as he's beaten me in every game. I'll cheat if I have to.

Sure.

When you are inside a Regen, your shields are forced to recharge slowly via the Regen.  The trick is to start your shields recharging with the Regen, then immediately leave the Regen so that your shields recharge at a normal rate.  You only have to touch the Regen for a instant, I suspect you only need one frame.  If this is still confusing, test it out by throwing a Grenade at yourself in a Regen, then walking out of the Regen and watching how your sields recharge.  The diference is huge.

Now it's been a while so I may be wrong on this next part, but when you are shot in a Regen, there's a little bit of a delay before your shields will start recarging.  Entering a Regen bypases this delay, allowing your shields to start charging instantly after being shot.

So how to ause this?  Position your Regen properly so that you can strafe back and forth on the edge of the Regen; every time you cross the edge, your shields will be given a boost.  Some well-timed peekshooting with a Regen behind cover will heal you like crazy, to the point where it's literally impossible to be out-shot by a single person because you will not die.

Make sure that you have the AA Efficiency perk.  Normally, the Regen has a 30 second cooldown, including the 10 seconds that the Regen lasts.  AA Effic cuts that cooldown in half to 15 seconds, but that still includes the 10 seconds that the Regen lasts.  What this means is you go from 10 seconds of Regen and 20 seconds of cooldown, to 10 seconds of Regen and 5 seconds of cooldown.  Communicate your cooldown with your team as it happens.

The third thing to consider is the Shielding perk for teamates.  Shielding makes the rate of shield recharge when leaving a Regen even faster!  While AA Effic uses the same slot and cannot be used by you, it can be used by a teammate who is also using Thruster or even Jetpack.  Having a teammte who understands this Regen exploit can use a Thruster to leave a Regen at the perfect moment and get full shields back pretty much instantly.  Very fun to do and frustrating to face.

Now of course, all of this can be dealt with via good teamshooting and enough grenades (although I use the Explosives perk so I can tank grenades, your teammates may not).  In reality though, it can help you lock down a position for your team and pretty much become a brick wall to anyone wo wants to challenge your choke point, which Halo 4 has a ton of.

Abuse of this "Regen peekshooting" technique usually threw people off big time because it wasn't common knowledge.  I have no idea if more people understand it today (I made a thread on MLG but it's gone now) or if this got patched out, but if it's still in the game it's definitely worth learning, even if you only switch to it every once in a while.

One thing I will say though is that I'm more of a support player in recent Halo games and I wasn't worried about getting kills with this strategy, but instead not dieing.  If you're worried about out-scoring your brother, this might not be the strategy for you because it may end up pading his stats more because of the support you'll be giving him.  Either way, let me know if you have any questions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All the posts so far have nailed it on the head, there's so many things wrong with Halo 4 that adding ranks will solve nothing. Halo 4 is just a really bad Halo game at its core, ranks can not fix descope, or create better maps unfortunately.

A ranking system would HELP Halo 4, but not fix it.  Still a few more things need to be done to "fix it".

Halo 4 is good as dead, although I still can play halo 4 as it is. Nothing can fix it, but if it has a nice ranking system, I'd play it but not even close to the amount of time Ill spend playing Halo 1-3. Imo Halo 4 will be played on the campaign side more than mm.

The issues with Halo 4's design go far beyond the multiplayer, so no.

Even if MP was the only thing it offered, ranks would do nothing to rectify the poor core design.

I am going to play every Halo game and attempt to achieve the highest rank.

I believe that Halo 4 will probably be the hardest. Why? Because all of the things that make it unbalanced and intolerable. It's next to impossible to get a good rank on the game if you fight people that play really dirty. That is a challenge to me, as is the challenge to remaster the previous Halo games that take more skill and are more enjoyable. I already know how Halo 1 and 2 play, and I was pretty darn good at them when I was a kid. I know it will take a shorter time to achieve those ranks than it will Halo 4, because Halo 4 is all about the question, "What the hell is gonna happen next?"

I'm going to start from 4, all the way back to Combat Evolved. It will progressively get more and more challenging to get the highest rank. I'm gonna master every Halo, even if it means people will wonder why I bothered with the terrible one.

Nice try h4 kid, you almost got me  :kappa: