Sign in to follow this  
Davesterio

Could the rank system in the MCC "fix" Halo 4?

I've been thinking, maybe once The Master Chief Collection comes out and we all start playing, maybe after twenty Halo 2 games, ten Halo 1 games, and five Halo 3 games, maybe one Halo 4 game might not be so bad after all if you treat Halo 4 as just a different gametype.

Now that bring the question, since the MCC is said to have a ranking system for every game would you enjoy playing Halo 4 every once in awhile or do you think it would be fun to level grind and get a 50? (if that's the level cap)

I don't wanna be that guy but, uhh, no.  Halo 4 was a really bad Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't wanna be that guy but, uhh, no.  Halo 4 was a really bad Halo game.

Yeah I kinda feel that way too, just trying to look positive at all parts of the MCC.

Maybe this will just be like the Spartan Ops of Halo 4 and will just get swept under the rug.

Except we get Spartan Ops too...

no,  the only thing that can fix H4 is promod

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think if the ranking system is good then yes it will make Halo 4 more enjoyable, but it wont 'fix' it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

un fixable ill play all the campaigns and maybe run through some of the action sack type game types in halo four. but if I'm playing to try or be competitive is halo ce or halo 2 i love halo 3 but we have the best to choose from now so ce or 2 for me :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

wait. people still play halo 4 online? and what does rank have to do with anything? People still lan halo 1 every weekend without a rank next to their name. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And if they do add a ranking system to all the games it should be exactly like halo 2's. Where you can go up or DOWN. Please dont try to fix or add anything to the ranking system, the one h2 had was just fine. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

are ranks going to remove

sprint

no de-scope

armor abilities

sprint

flinch

loadouts

no flag juggling

random ordnance

terrible maps

sprint

If not, then nah. This notion that ranks will make a game better regardless of how it plays needs to die.

^^ preach

That would be the case if H4 were even remotely fun, but in the state its in now its hardly even playable for me. So no, Halo 4 is dead and almost certainly always will be.

no,  the only thing that can fix H4 is promod

lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

In my opinion, the only thing Halo 4 had going for it over past titles' MP was its netcode. But with dedis that advantage is minimized and it will be inferior in every way to CE, H2, and H3. There will be about 80 different maps alone to play on if you exclude the Halo 4 maps in the collection. I doubt I will ever feel the need to waste a single minute on that game when there is so much more to be played.

That being said, the minority of people who enjoyed Halo 4 will continue to enjoy playing it. But the vast majority of people - who didn't like Halo 4 because of its fundamental problems - aren't going to enticed to play it for a rank. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 is like cod not only gameplay wise, but in the sense that it's sort of fun to play for an hour every once in a while. I'm certainly not going to vote for H4 in MCC MM but I think I'll jump into the H4 playlist when I don't feel like aiming properly.

In my opinion, the only thing Halo 4 had going for it over past titles' MP was its netcode.

It's an illusion IMO. Jacked up bullet magnetism makes it feel your shot is registering better. It also gives you kills where you shouldn't have gotten one.

I don't see how that makes for a better netcode.

On topic: I'm gonna repeat what's been said before and I agree with it. A ranking system doesn't make up for the gameplay being subpar. I don't want to play that game ever again, but that's just me. lol 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'll lay the smack down on any jebroni that tries to stop me achieving a 50 in every playlist in every game. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am going to play every Halo game and attempt to achieve the highest rank.

I believe that Halo 4 will probably be the hardest. Why? Because all of the things that make it unbalanced and intolerable. It's next to impossible to get a good rank on the game if you fight people that play really dirty. That is a challenge to me, as is the challenge to remaster the previous Halo games that take more skill and are more enjoyable. I already know how Halo 1 and 2 play, and I was pretty darn good at them when I was a kid. I know it will take a shorter time to achieve those ranks than it will Halo 4, because Halo 4 is all about the question, "What the hell is gonna happen next?"

I'm going to start from 4, all the way back to Combat Evolved. It will progressively get more and more challenging to get the highest rank. I'm gonna master every Halo, even if it means people will wonder why I bothered with the terrible one.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean

If everything was fixed and only flinch was in, it'd be playable and I'd prob try to get a 50 in it if i got a 50 in every h1>h2>h3 playlist.

and by fix i mean pretty much everything akademik said + no oddball throwing + no insane insane aim assist and bm on the snipe, no bm on the dmr/br, no bloom/spread on utilities.

I don't wanna be that guy but, uhh, no. Halo 4 was a really bad Halo game.

In the after glow of E3 no one wants to be negative. But it has to be said.

Standing in the midnight line for a chance to play H1 and h2 on dedicated servers

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were about 7 variants of the post I made, but I didn't wanna be too negative :D