Sign in to follow this  
menotyou135

FOV change?

I don't think they will, but it's on my wishlist.

For Halo CE:

- 1p widescreen 108 degree (like current split-screen)

- 2 players - put it in 4:3 with some art on the sides, and classic 108 degree FOV

- 4 players - 16:9, 108 degree

• Upvote (+1) 2

would be stupid if they did but I wouldn't doubt it since they changed it for CEA

Shrimpy FOV's would kill the whole thing for me.  I couldn't stand CEA's FOV, never actually beat it.

put it in 4:3 with some art on the sides

MEH.

Boosting the game to 1080p and leaving the FOV the same would be a bit backwards IMO. I'm almost sure we'll see a FOV change (looking at CEA and H2V).

I see where you guys are coming from by being against a FOV change, but I also know where 343 is coming from with a change relative to the resolution upscale, and the game would just be horrible to look at if left as it is. Outdated graphics are one thing, but a distorted image is just awful.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im pretty sure they would, considering how easy it is to change it. Hell, they could even put in FOV sliders if they wanted to.

MEH.

Boosting the game to 1080p and leaving the FOV the same would be a bit backwards IMO. I'm almost sure we'll see a FOV change (looking at CEA and H2V).

I see where you guys are coming from by being against a FOV change, but I also know where 343 is coming from with a change relative to the resolution upscale, and the game would just be horrible to look at if left as it is. Outdated graphics are one thing, but a distorted image is just awful.

Correct, if the FOV is too small things SLOW down dramatically. High FOV gives the impression of faster game play. Playing Halo CE on the PC at 1080p with out a FOV fix, gameplay slows down.

• Upvote (+1) 3

the FOV of view will still be the same, i don't think resolution has an impact on it how ever with a higher resolution we're going to be seeing a lot more of the map on screen.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Based on the screenshots, its looking like H2V's FoV to me. I hope it gets changed before release or a slider would also be nice.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 are perfect the way they are. I honestly think they should keep the game the way it is and not touch anything because the more stuff 343 touches the more of a chance the game will be fucked up. Remember kids, Bungie spent the least amount of time on halo 1 and it was perfect. They spent more time on 3, reach and 4 and look how those turned out. 

Like Ghandi said, halo 2 is perfect the way it is. DON'T TOUCH IT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1 and Halo 2 are perfect the way they are. I honestly think they should keep the game the way it is and not touch anything because the more stuff 343 touches the more of a chance the game will be fucked up. Remember kids, Bungie spent the least amount of time on halo 1 and it was perfect. They spent more time on 3, reach and 4 and look how those turned out. 

They ruined the splitscreen FoV in CEA.

343 "get" it, but they don't understand that the little things like a 108 degree field of vision are super important.

You thought Halo 3 was a terrible game?

In comparison to Halo 2, Halo 3 was terrible. Halo 3 wasn't terrible objectively, but subjectively it was. 

in comparison to halo 1 and 2, halo 3 was an awful game. There is no way around it. still a better shooter than any COD. 

They ruined the splitscreen FoV in CEA.

343 "get" it, but they don't understand that the little things like a 108 degree field of vision are super important.

Why exactly 108? Anything between 90 and 120 is alright in my opinion.

Why exactly 108? Anything between 90 and 120 is alright in my opinion.

consistency.

and no, anything less than 108 will be a downgrade.

consistency.

and no, anything less than 108 will be a downgrade.

That's arguable, really. Going down to 90 can be beneficial in relatively slow moving games like Halo and CS for instance, as a result of the increased clarity in vision it gives you. Lower than that, though, and you're sacrificing too much of your simultaneous coverage of areas.

What's more consistent about it anyway? And why exactly 108 amongst all the arbitrary acceptable values?

That's arguable, really. Going down to 90 can be beneficial in relatively slow moving games like Halo and CS for instance, as a result of the increased clarity in vision it gives you. Lower than that, though, and you're sacrificing too much of your simultaneous coverage of areas.

What's more consistent about it anyway? And why exactly 108 amongst all the arbitrary acceptable values?

People playing ce have played on 108 for 13 years now.

It's like melee getting re-released and making the only option "fixed camera"

People playing ce have played on 108 for 13 years now.

It's like melee getting re-released and making the only option "fixed camera"

You'd start violently puking all over the room if they increased it to 109?

You are talking single screen FoV, btw, right? Because I doubt they're clever enough to realise that'd be a desire of ours, sadly.

Well, anyway. The point I'm trying to make is we'd be just as well of with the ability to alter it individually. I don't oppose a 108 degree fov in the least. I'm just curios as to why your demands are so strict and specific.

You'd start violently puking all over the room if they increased it to 109?

You are talking single screen FoV, btw, right? Because I doubt they're clever enough to realise that'd be a desire of ours, sadly.

Well, anyway. The point I'm trying to make is we'd be just as well of with the ability to alter it individually. I don't oppose a 108 degree fov in the least. I'm just curios as to why your demands are so strict and specific.

It's just 108 because it's always been 108. the old saying "dont fix what isn't broken."

I wouldn't want to kill the developers if they made it 120, but I would if they made it less than 108

It's just 108 because it's always been 108. the old saying "dont fix what isn't broken."

I wouldn't want to kill the developers if they made is 120, but I would if they made it less than 108

Might wanna have that mental condition of yours checked up, but fair enough.