Sign in to follow this  
The Snazzer

Will gaming houses be back?

It's the age of Twitch and streaming media.  It'd be more likely for everyone to stream than it would be for there to be LAN houses like the LAN Network.  But, I suppose anything could happen if people have the will to make it happen.

My outside look in tells me UGC(Gandhi) will be doing that.

I can't wait to hop on twitch and browse and not have to scroll down and search for halo I could just see it right away :D  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to hop on twitch and browse and not have to scroll down and search for halo I could just see it right away :D  

Halo will be on the first row.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, MCC seems really fucking cool but I don't think halos comp scene will get huge to where Blops 2/Ghosts are at.  It would be cool i guess if it happens but I do not think it'll happen.  The highest halo ever had was a pre release event for h4 at 40k.  Halo wont be big enough for gaming houses

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, MCC seems really fucking cool but I don't think halos comp scene will get huge to where Blops 2/Ghosts are at.  It would be cool i guess if it happens but I do not think it'll happen.  The highest halo ever had was a pre release event for h4 at 40k.  Halo wont be big enough for gaming houses

It will. Dude, #WeBack.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Do you understand what this means the MCC is huge. Halo 1,2 and 3 never had twitch (at the end but one used it and it wasnt main stream) This game is huge alot of cod pros started on halo and believe it or not they will be playing it probably streaming it. This will expose people to the halo scene that never seen halo believe it or not. Nadeshot is going to grind halo 2 he already said on twitter. He was just playing halo 3 yesterday and was tweeting pros asking them to play with him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you understand what this means the MCC is huge. Halo 1,2 and 3 never had twitch (at the end but one used it and it wasnt main stream) This game is huge alot of cod pros started on halo and believe it or not they will be playing it probably streaming it. This will expose people to the halo scene that never seen halo believe it or not. Nadeshot is going to grind halo 2 he already said on twitter. He was just playing halo 3 yesterday and was tweeting pros asking them to play with him. 

Its true H1+H2 those were games a whole generation of gamers started MP FPS gaming with, it holds more significance to people than simply that they were good games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CoD got 150k viewers from Xgames.  Sorry, but I just doubt that's happening even if some CoD pros hop on halo or whatever.  It just doesn't seem likely to even net 70k viewers unless some pre-release/launch event happens.  It's cool that Nadeshot is going to grind h2 but all that's going to do is, when nadeshot plays he'll give extra viewers and as soon as hes out thousands will leave then too.  Blops 2 was evident of that

There will never be anything like the LAN Network. 

Aye, I take that back - if the same amount of effort, or more effort was put into a cause similar to what they offered the Halo community, then of course something like that could make a return. I believe team houses are always an option, but we're going to have to wait and see what the MCC can really do for the community. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

CoD got 150k viewers from Xgames.  Sorry, but I just doubt that's happening even if some CoD pros hop on halo or whatever.  It just doesn't seem likely to even net 70k viewers unless some pre-release/launch event happens.  It's cool that Nadeshot is going to grind h2 but all that's going to do is, when nadeshot plays he'll give extra viewers and as soon as hes out thousands will leave then too.  Blops 2 was evident of that

You really dont understand the hype this game has along with being on tv on the usa network h2 is what made xbox live, xbox live. Just curiosity alone from the cod community from their favorite players and teams and org. talking about h2 they will tune in, also if 343 supports it like they did with halo 4 tournys putting reminders on the screen when you log on will help. Instead of 20k people seeing that reminder its going to be alot more because we know this game wont be bad. Also MCC comes out a week after COD AW remember the drop in population halo 4 had a week after release because of cods release expect a population drop for COD I cant tell you if it will sustain or not but it will happen for a time.

You really dont understand the hype this game has along with being on tv on the usa network h2 is what made xbox live, xbox live. Just curiosity alone from the cod community from their favorite players and teams and org. talking about h2 they will tune in, also if 343 supports it like they did with halo 4 tournys putting reminders on the screen when you log on will help. Instead of 20k people seeing that reminder its going to be alot more because we know this game wont be bad. Also MCC comes out a week after COD AW remember the drop in population halo 4 had a week after release because of cods release expect a population drop for COD I cant tell you if it will sustain or not but it will happen for a time.

Well said, I am the minority that thinks this single release will put Halo on par with CoD as far as interest. CoD just had lots of dev support so that helped them, but Halo with dev support along with WAY more exciting gameplay will rocket the scene like never before.

I don't the TLN will return or anything like it, but team houses are a possibility. A small one, though, and I think a Halo team would have to be picked up by a CoD Org if it were to happen

No, MCC seems really fucking cool but I don't think halos comp scene will get huge to where Blops 2/Ghosts are at. It would be cool i guess if it happens but I do not think it'll happen. The highest halo ever had was a pre release event for h4 at 40k. Halo wont be big enough for gaming houses

You must have not of been around for the Halo 2 MLG days. Halo 2 started competitive counsel fps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, MCC seems really fucking cool but I don't think halos comp scene will get huge to where Blops 2/Ghosts are at. It would be cool i guess if it happens but I do not think it'll happen. The highest halo ever had was a pre release event for h4 at 40k. Halo wont be big enough for gaming houses

You must have not of been around for the Halo 2 MLG days. Halo 2 started competitive counsel fps.

I miss TLN. I would love to see 4-5 team LANs pop up again.