Sign in to follow this  
Forward

Dual Wielding to return in Halo 5? Possible Proof in Beta trailer!

So, i don't know if you noticed but in the Halo 5 Beta trailer if you pause at 0:16/0:17 you can see that the Spartan on the right (launched by the cannon) is actually holding a pistol in the left hand.

I know it's CGI and all, but this would be kinda of a big "mistake" to make in a trailer that is supposed to show glimpses of gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 5

On a side note, GOD I CANNOT WAIT TO DUAL WIELD IN TEAM SLAYER AND PWN NOOBS WITH PLASMA RIFLE/SMG

also noob combo, magnum/PP, SMG/magnum, Dual needlers  :walshy:

BRUTE PLASMA RIFLES BRO

Halo_Starry_Night.gif

HALO 3 HAS SPRINT CONFIRMED!!!!!!

It's a good find, but I don't think you can really glean anything concrete from that. Otherwise, contextual leans will be on the table.  

Wanna bet? As i said, I know it's just CGI, but this isn't just a Halo 5 trailer like the one for the campaign, it's actually showing things for a purpose.

Just like i'm pretty sure that the sort of "arena" showed is an actual map in the beta.

Wanna bet? As i said, I know it's just CGI, but this isn't just a Halo 5 trailer like the one for the campaign, it's actually showing things for a purpose.

He doesn't have a weapon in his right hand, does he? More than likely just for dramatic effect. 

What does give a bit of support for DW in Halo 5 is the Halo 2 Anniversary engine. It doesn't make much sense for them to create what is basically a new engine for just 6 maps. Maybe some of that code (which includes DW) is being used in Halo 5 too. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

going way outside the box on this one since he is not holding anything in the right hand...maybe with these new spartan abilities it is possible to be a left handed shot hahahhaha

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really love this trailer. It screams competitive Halo. 4 players, arena with video monitors (spectators), a focus on precision weapons, etc. Can't wait honestly. I think H5 will knock it out of the park.

Maybe the spartan is left handed. Maybe we can switch which hands to hold weapons with.

"Pay to use weapon left handed"

OMG got so hyped about MCC that I was forgetting why I watched it again.... right...dual wielding. Good find!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe the spartan is left handed. Maybe we can switch which hands to hold weapons with.

That's what I'm thinking to.  It would be cool for lefties that play Halo to have their Spartan use weapons left handed and possibly have a left-handed control scheme.

"Pay to use weapon left handed"

Or they're trying to appeal to the left handed gamers. Great job 343i

As much as I'd like for you to be able to make your spartan left handed/be able to dual wield, the fact that the middle spartan is using an AR while others a Pistol (Same thing happened in the H2A Demo Btw) might mean the return of loadouts.  

possibly have a left-handed control scheme.

We already do.  :Halo:

Oh yeah haha. I honestly don't care whether or not dual wielding returns. It doesn't make or break the game for me in any way, though I'm aware some people don't want it.

That's what I'm thinking to. It would be cool for lefties that play Halo to have their Spartan use weapons left handed and possibly have a left-handed control scheme.

Even just beyond preference though... on iverse-symmetrical maps like Pit or Midship, sightlines are blocked by your weapon differently for each team. In H4 the Snipe was big as hell and took up HALF the fucken screen (so do Rockets in most games) so it just always made sense to me to be able to choose which to be left or right handed.

Although it's not REALLY a problem though... besides they'd have to make different player models and shit.

Whatever...

Hmm I would love it if we could dual wield, but if you look at it from an Editors point of view they were trying to show symmetry and they did it beautifully. If that Spartan on the right had a gun in his right hand the symmetry would be wrong.

As much as I'd like for you to be able to make your spartan left handed/be able to dual wield, the fact that the middle spartan is using an AR while others a Pistol (Same thing happened in the H2A Demo Btw) might mean the return of loadouts.  

Primary and Secondary weapon?

I don't see a Primary on his back. 

You can see Spartans with ARs on the back during the "start up", i don't think they would allow some poeple to spawn with a pistol only and others with an AR and another weapon...

You can see Spartans with ARs on the back during the "start up", i don't think they would allow some poeple to spawn with a pistol only and others with an AR and another weapon...

You also see one of them cocking :frank:  a shotgun. 

Long story short, it's a CGI trailer. Not everything that is shown is meant to replicate gameplay. It's more meant to be a showcase/"wow" the viewer. If they wanted to show DW there would have definitely been a Spartan dual wielding pistols or something. At least we have it in H2A.