Sign in to follow this  
MrGreenWithAGun

What Do You Like About MCC The Most?

80 members have voted

1. 1. What about MCC are you looking forward to the most?

• Competitive Tournaments
    • Playing Halo 1 or 2 for the first time
    • Playing Halo 1 and 2 with 1080/60 (the way Halo 1 and 2 should be played!)
    • Dedicated Servers to eliminate Mexican Hosts
    • Rebirth of the best FPS ever
    • Original maps, no more remakes necessary
    • No more flinch, sprint, AA, loadouts, etc.
    • Other (please post your answer for us to read)

I have read some people's skepticism about the announcements at E3 and some of them center on whether competitive Halo would come back. When I first read that question I thought they meant competitive Halo in multiplayer, and it didn't immediately occur to me they were asking if Halo would dominate the tournament scene for FPS. Well, to me it doesn't matter because I feel its more fun to play than to watch, and I am not into the tournament scene so much. To each his own. But for me this isn't a negative regarding the game if MCC fails to bring Halo back to the MLG circuit or any other, because it simply doesn't interest me to begin with. I am not trying to put any of that down, I am just being honest in saying it isn't any kind of driver.

When all of you were thinking H2A, I was like, ya right. Even if they gave you H2A would it play authentic? If it did I would buy an XB1 for that, because I never played H2.

So let's take stock in the announcements, and you can see why I am ecstatic. The news from 343i has been very clear and unambiguous with each of my top priorities for the MCC.

1. H2 authentic game play - explicitly stated, number one goal for me buying an XB1.

2. H2 reborn with 1080/60 - thick icing on that cake!

3. H2 on dedicated servers - not only will H2 be LIVE, but no more mexican hosts!

4. H1 authentic game play - HUGE BONUS. I never imaged this opportunity.

5. H1 reborn with 1080/60 on dedicated servers!!!! Again just far and beyond anything I would have hoped for.

6. H3 all over again, but this time on dedicated servers.

Dedicated servers... DEDICATED SERVERS... the way any Halo was meant to have been played all along.

Folks if you look at these priorities, you will see why 343i just sold me an XB1 and I don't care about the questionable issues that others keep raising. For me this is BEYOND anything I could have imagined from 343i given the rough ride with H4.

MCC is a game changer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Rebirth of the best FPS ever"

I don't think Halo 1 or 2 was the best FPS ever, because there are many good FPSs I haven't played and "best" is a very broad term. But they were great games and I'm excited to play them again with a thriving community. Halo 2 on XBL like the old days, and Halo 1 on XBL for the first time ever.

I'm just excited for Halo as a whole to make a return. I have so many fond memories of Halo CE and Halo 2 LANS, and playing those games again is going to be amazing. Back during those glory days, all my real life friends played Halo. Obviously some of them I no longer speak with, and some have moved on from gaming, but I know a bunch of people who will be returning to the franchise because of this.  I just can't wait to play true Halo with my buds again.

I am excited to see how this new engine plays. It obviously didn't have sprint and it looked like descope was implemented as well.

I love how I can play all the halos on one disc, get achievements.

And play halo 2 FFA midship allday, on dedicated servers with 60fps.

Get drunk , sleep , wake up and repeat.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 1 & 2 at 1080p & 60fps running on dedicated severs. Honestly it sounds too good to be true - the only way it could possibly be better would be by giving the multiplayer aspects the full anniversary makeovers without touching the gameplay.

Really though, what's not to like about this collection?

Halo 1 & 2 at 1080p & 60fps running on dedicated severs. Honestly it sounds too good to be true - the only way it could possibly be better would be by giving the multiplayer aspects the full anniversary makeovers without touching the gameplay.

Really though, what's not to like about this collection?

I don't want them to touch the way maps look like at all.

That the community has a real choice now with what game they would like to play, plus all the new people coming to Halo 1 and Halo 2 will be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I completely understand - I was just thinking from the perspective of being viewer friendly. The console audience tends to not be too accepting of dated graphics, so a new coat of paint could maybe boost or maintain viewership a little on Twitch and other streaming or video platforms.

As it is though, the heightened resolution and frame rate will definitely satisfy me personally. Can't wait to actually experience how crisp these games are going to feel!

For me its the (hopefully) return of competitive tournaments. Despite the fact that it's very very unlikely I would ever become what most people would consider a pro, watching the big tournaments and attending local tournaments is what I have really missed. Those give me the desire to keep playing and trying to get better. And of course playing H1 and 2 without the hassle of XBC and being able to find games quickly.

MasterChiefChief is my favorite Halo. Can't wait to see her take her helmet off.

No, seriously, though.

Where's the all of the above option, because I seriously began crying after I got done screaming my lungs out during the presentation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me it's the campaign playlists. Me and my friend are always playing a random selection of Halo missions based on what we feel like doing, and it means switching between discs all the time, but now we wont have to do that unless we want to play Reach or ODST. I'm just hoping that it will give us the ability to make custom campaign playlists, but there didn't seem to be any indication of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I need are the ranks to come back and I'm sold. I only played Team Slayer and Rumble Pit and I had a moon in both. For anyone who played H2 you know how bad the cheating was ( modding, host booting, standby) and how good it felt to get a high rank despite it. The ranks need to come back and I personally can't wait to try and get the sun. I'm a decent player and if anyone wants to play send me a friend request ( xx vikings). 

They're not.

Dedicated servers is by far the most important thing to happen to Halo IMO. It will go a long ways towards giving you that consistent LAN feeling online. 1080p/60 is just sweet icing on the cake.

-Remastered Campaign graphics and audio. The levels are going to look insane. 

-Cinematics look ridiculously good. 

-Online co-op play for Halo 2 and CE multiplayer finally!

-All the modes and maps included. Seriously, 100 fucking maps. 

-Dedis and new resolutions will make all the games play so much better, even including Halo 4. Actually just as interested in trying out Spartan Ops co-op now.

-UI looks slick as hell. 

-The extras they put in. The beta, Nightfall, the new cinematics and lore. Good shit. And seriously, beta a month later? Can't even process that. 

-Their focus on the fans

Wishes/Hopes

-More remastered maps.

-Hope the H4 stuff in H2 was placeholder. Don't want to see reptile Jackal snipers or wife-beater Elites and especially don't want to see the Wraith with the turret on it. 

-Hope the anniversary stuff plays just like or better than Halo 2.

-Hope some of the issues with the games before were fixed.

-Hope for at least some improvements to the Forge and Theater modes, and theater for the first two games. 

-Good systems on the backend (ranks, controls, matchmaking, voting, etc.).

Dislikes

-Not in my fucking hands right now

Really, as far as fanservice goes, this is almost a 10/10. @@Cursed Lemon said it best the other day - this basically wipes the slate clean. I hope they keep the momentum up. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Dislikes

-Not in my fucking hands right now

Laughed out loud a little at this. So true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just everything - I literally couldn't pick anything to vote for. We could not have been given more in the MCC than what we will have when it's released. It seriously feels like a dream that more or less everything the Halo community has hoped for is now going to be in a single game. If I absolutely had to pick one - it would probably be just playing Halo 1 and 2 again. The summer of 2007, which was basically the last summer of Halo 2 - my nights were spent staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning just playing Halo 2 and never wanting to put it down. I cannot wait to have that feeling back once again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• The opportunity to play H2 online for the first time, other than H2 on Vista.
  • Dedicated servers.
  • 60 FPS + Halo =  :walshy:
  • The build up of hype, and the sudden surge of activity across the Halo community.
  • 343i moving in the right direction.

Dislikes:

• Nothing to dislike about the MCC - it's literally a dream come true for Halo fans worldwide.