Sign in to follow this  
Nokt

Do you want updated controls for HCE & H2A MP?

CEA had Reach/4 style controls will these follow suit? Is it a change you want?

I haven't made my decision about this yet. Its weird to picture someone playing halo1/2 bumper jumper and what advantage that gives them but it wont be game breaking. If anything it might just make for slightly easier melees/combos. As long as they leave the other layouts for everyone no one will complain.

Wouldn't having BJ(lol) in H2 change how difficult it will be to do things like BXR?

I'm not against it. Just saying. 

I feel like, I kind of hope anyway, that we may be able to customize our layouts for each game.  The main reason  for this being a lot of players use different sensitivities depending on the game.  It would be really annoying to have to go to your settings and change the sens before each match if you switch games.

Fully customizable button layouts would be very nice and the best route, but I would be happy to see Bumper Jumper and Halo Reach/Halo 4 default control layouts.

good thing 343 didn't get a deal with razer or scuds, cuz then it definitely wouldn't be mappable. 

I hope it's just mappable so I don't have to buy a controller to compete with every1 else who has one

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hopefully we'll be able to choose one layout across all of the games. It would be quite annoying to have the melee and reload buttons changing from one game to the next.

I would be down if H2A had Bumper Jumper. It's the only button layout I care about.

I'm of the personal belief that bumper jumper reduces the skill gap and prefer back in the day when jump snipes were harder to hit. However I believe that the control settings should be unified throughout all 4 games. Cant make people play one game on default then halo 3 gets voted for and they switch to BJ.

I wouldn't mind a unified controller scheme throughout the games. Everyone's got a preference though especially when updating older games. It would be a tough decision. Button mapping would obviously be the best choice here though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember back in my day we had to use our index finger to jump while shooting and aiming our melees . Now you kids with your fancy pac man videos games have al sorts of button configs that are just given to you so you never develop what us old folk call "Da Skillz"

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eye

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm of the personal belief that bumper jumper reduces the skill gap and prefer back in the day when jump snipes were harder to hit. However I believe that the control settings should be unified throughout all 4 games. Cant make people play one game on default then halo 3 gets voted for and they switch to BJ.

A skill gap that comes from your game being hard to control is not a good skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd like to see the H3 default/Recon control scheme across all of the games... It's what I've gotten used to.

Then again, scratch that... a default H2 layout would be cool, X reload, for ease of button glitching. Then your controls could still stay consistent into H1, H3, and H4 so things don't get complicated.

I'd like to try and compare both really...

"The game ships the way it did 10years ago".

That means no bumper jumper, please we got the perfect game stop crying about control schemes.

Play halo 3 if you want bumper jumper.

• Downvote (-1) 6

"The game ships the way it did 10years ago".

That means no bumper jumper, please we got the perfect game stop crying about control schemes.

Play halo 3 if you want bumper jumper.

They said that about CEA but it had bumber jumper.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope it's mappable. It's fair because people won't have to buy Scufs or Razers...

Also we are now next gen but still don't have such a basic thing as choosing your own control scheme!?

How is this not industry standard by now?

• Upvote (+1) 4