CyReN

They get it

Where have you been for the last 4 years? 

Also... I'm not trying to get people on the halo is dead bandwagon.

I'm trying to get people on the #savehalo wagon. And embracing ignorance is not something I think is going to get us on that wagon. 

The Master Chief collection just sounds like best case scenario everything. CE multiplayer, 60fps, 1080p, all maps all multiplayers 1 trough 4 all playing on their original engine, new tv series, beta access. Wow. It's just crazy.

The Halo 5 reveal I was a little iffy on. But on the positive side of things. The beta is an early beta. 343 have time to implement community suggestions if they want. It doesn't seem like a 'beta'/ network test you often get from devs. And it seems like they are looking at ways to embrace Arena. i.e not continuing down the path of loadouts, point streaks etc. That's good. 

I understand skepticism towards Spartan abilities. I share them. From the trailer it looks like were getting default Sprint, Thrusters, sliding and ground pound. That doesn't sound very enthralling to me. But, we have seen so little so far. So I will remain optimistic.

"almost zero improvements" yea ok

I was going to say zero but i didn't want tons of people quoting me saying "the br is a 4shot!!!!"

and no, the boltshot doesnt count since you could still spawn with it. It was putting a bandaid on the problem. Well so was the br but less people understand that... 

Guys I think the two spartan abilities we saw weren't unique. I think both of them just combines the thruster and another action in one fluid motion. In the first ability you see a combination of thruster and beat down. In the second one you see what I believe is a falling thruster combined with a nade.

It's possible some of the spartan abilities are just a button combo of the thruster and another action for fast game play.

Guys I think the two spartan abilities we saw weren't unique. I think both of them just combines the thruster and another action in one fluid motion. In the first ability you see a combination of thruster and beat down. In the second one you see what I believe is a falling thruster combined with a nade.

It's possible some of the spartan abilities are just a button combo of the thruster and another action for fast game play.

I think theirs more than 2 on the trailer:

There's a tackle, a slide, and the ground pound might be a result of the thrusters, or it could be a ability on its own, also i think taking cover will be an ability too.

Button combos seem likely. It would be hard to fit many abilities into a controller with so few buttons.

Frank O'Connor also mentioned equal footing start in the Halo 5 beta.

#WeSoooBack

"A lot of people didn’t like that Saucey said that 343 “gets it”. After talking and being around 343, in my opinion 343 finally understands what the halo community has been saying for the last 6+months. After, talking to Quinn, BS Angel, Bravo, they know now where the direction for halo should go. "

From my Blog last September when I met 343. http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2841-my-thoughts-on-h4gc/

#WeBack

His point was why don't people give credit where it is due. But your own history shows that the nay Sayers is the typical experience for a true prophet. He should feel good.

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that Reach is the only one not included in this bundle. Like, It's disgusting how happy it makes me.

I'll see you fools when you try dipping your toes into the Halo 1 doubles playlist. Bring the lube.

Especially you nahdudefkthat. Shit talkin' PC playin' motherfucker. I swear I'll play with PaCMaYNE you will be held to 5 kills or less.

Cursed Lemon. Cyren. There will be no reason not to play anymore. XBC is too much a hassle. It's too laggy off host. I don't have a OG setup.

If I understand correctly, there will be custom games as well. Good. Good.

See you in November.

tumblr_ma805s9kiR1qg1ry6o1_250.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Everybody celebrating and we don't even know if sprint will be a base player trait yet.............

Call me crazy, but didn't everyone get this excited when the first couple of clips of Halo 4 were released? When Frankie said, "It feels like Halo".

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this will be a lot better than the past 2 instalments, and I really, REALLY want Halo to be great again, but isn't it a little early to start celebrating, and saying things like "We back"?

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that Reach is the only one not included in this bundle. Like, It's disgusting how happy it makes me....

I don't blame you. I would be disgusted with myself if I was happy reach wasn't included.

Reach was good. Invasion was the goat.

Mad props too 343i, however i believe it is more common sense than "them getting it".

They are making previous games available on a new console; Leaving the codes virtually the same with a graphic and connection upgrade. Easier for 343i and the true "halo" experience for halo fans. It is a win win for both parties and more importantly- all halo fans regardless competitive or casual ideologies get their favorite halo experience.

I guarantee you 343 will closely monitor which halo experience is played the most during the year time span before h5 comes out. That information along with the beta will make for some valuable data.

Regardless if it is common sense, it still seems pretty innovative. I haven't seen to many other companies do this sorta of thing and i can imagine COD doing something like this in the future.

Pretty swift Bonnie.

I had said this long ago, that they would leverage what they learn from an h2a release to determine if h5 should continue the evolution or return to its roots. It was obvious even then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well thats good news.

Also seems the Waypoint peeps are happy about it too....seems as we're rubbing off on them.

The majority of people on Waypoint are traditional Halo fans so it makes sense that a lot of people on there are happy.

Everybody celebrating and we don't even know if sprint will be a base player trait yet.............

Call me crazy, but didn't everyone get this excited when the first couple of clips of Halo 4 were released? When Frankie said, "It feels like Halo".

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure this will be a lot better than the past 2 instalments, and I really, REALLY want Halo to be great again, but isn't it a little early to start celebrating, and saying things like "We back"?

We are literally back though. As in, Halo 1 and Halo 2 are back. The community will come back.

Halo 5 remains to be seen, I agree. But whatever it turns out like, it will be better because the community will be larger and there will be more input.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ this.

As much as I want Halo to be good again, as much as I want to believe that 343 Industries is actually going to listen to their community... I dunno. I feel like that abused dog that keeps coming home every time things seem nice and happy, only to get punched in the face and left outside in the rain. They need to do a ViDoc and flat out say shit like "No more sprint, not more jetpacks, descope is back without flinch, sandbox doesn't suck, disc maps don't suck, CTF is restored, Assault is a thing, and we actually have ranks."

Then I'll start saying #WeBack.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys, skip to about 11:27

Frankie says "it's a small segment of our multiplayer experience. Arena, balanced, equal starts". So it sounds like they're not actually focusing on that stuff for the majority of multiplayer, but only for this one "arena" playlist. I seriously hope they don't just make one little arena playlist to try to keep the traditional fans happy, and then make the rest of the game unblanced, Halo 4 type bullshit. That kind of brought my hype down a little, I'm not gona lie.