CyReN

They get it

You have been nothing but anhedonic since the annoucement I am all with being real about Halo but you are just the BIGGEST debbie downer I have seen its like you want people to try and get on the halo is dead bandwagon again foh

Where have you been for the last 4 years? 

Also... I'm not trying to get people on the halo is dead bandwagon.

I'm trying to get people on the #savehalo wagon. And embracing ignorance is not something I think is going to get us on that wagon. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Where have you been for the last 4 years? 

Also... I'm not trying to get people on the halo is dead bandwagon.

I'm trying to get people on the #savehalo wagon. And embracing ignorance is not something I think is going to get us on that wagon. 

Neither you nor I nor anyone other than 343 knows whether the next halo game will be great average or bad. Making a statement as "it will be the downfall of the series" is completely ignorant. The things we do know though they are focousing on competitive. I do not see how you can see the downfall of the series in this tweet https://twitter.com/bradford_welch/status/476387488718548992 or anything they have pointed to so far since the announcement 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just as I expected, Spartan abilities are universal. This is great news that 343 seems to not be trying to push Halo in a MMS direction anymore, but is now embracing its Arena/Sandbox style that made H1-H3 so successful.

I dont doubt there will be some elements from Reach+H4 that we hate in H5, but as long as its Halo at the core everything will be good.

Mad props too 343i, however i believe it is more common sense than "them getting it". 

They are making previous games available on a new console; Leaving the codes virtually the same with a graphic and connection upgrade. Easier for 343i and the true "halo" experience for halo fans. It is a win win for both parties and more importantly- all halo fans regardless competitive or casual ideologies get their favorite halo experience.

I guarantee you 343 will closely monitor which halo experience is played the most during the year time span before h5 comes out. That information along with the beta will make for some valuable data.

Regardless if it is common sense, it still seems pretty innovative. I haven't seen to many other companies do this sorta of thing and i can imagine COD doing something like this in the future.

Pretty swift Bonnie.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They truly truly listened :'). Can't say that about many developers. I <3 343

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shout outs to the haters saying that the competitive community was a "small segment" of the Halo community that shouldn't be listened to we just made Halo 5 our game the toaster is on me and we dishing straight bread. 

CLICK CLACK

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neither you nor I nor anyone other than 343 knows whether the next halo game will be great average or bad. Making a statement as "it will be the downfall of the series" is completely ignorant. The things we do know though they are focousing on competitive. I do not see how you can see the downfall of the series in this tweet https://twitter.com/bradford_welch/status/476387488718548992 or anything they have pointed to so far since the announcement 

they said that 2 years ago and we got halo 4. 

Now they are saying it again, after making almost zero improvements to halo 4. Why should I be ecstatic about halo5? Especially when they say "we are removing armor abilities (but spartan abilities are here!)." What is a spartan? pretty much a human in armor. I don't see the difference especially considering sprint was an armor ability in reach and was a spartan ability in halo5. 

P.s. i definitely said "probably will, not (100%) will."

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

oirLq9m.jpg

"A lot of people didn’t like that Saucey said that 343 “gets it”. After talking and being around 343, in my opinion 343 finally understands what the halo community has been saying for the last 6+months.  After, talking to Quinn, BS Angel, Bravo, they know now where the direction for halo should go. "

From my Blog last September when I met 343. http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2841-my-thoughts-on-h4gc/

#WeBack 

Now they are saying it again, after making almost zero improvements to halo 4. Why should I be ecstatic about halo5? Especially when they say "we are removing armor abilities (but spartan abilities are here!)." What is a spartan? pretty much a human in armor. I don't see the difference especially considering sprint was an armor ability in reach and was a spartan ability in halo5. 

"almost zero improvements" yea ok

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope that all of our ranting and posting for years to 343 and them coming around to it results in a successful next few games. Success as in community liking it and not sales. It would be a shame if this game didn't sell well for some reason and then they want to revert back to "Make Halo more accessible for H5 and beyond. It's as if my prayers have been answered yet I just cannot put my mind around it. I just feel that something HAS to go wrong with what we've been given since Reach. Maybe I've been spoiled lately because I joined the competitive SSBM community and they are just skyrocketing and never looking back. 

I want to thank 343 for trusting the knowledgeable members of the competitive community (and hiring some of us) who have been pushing for these ideas for years. They had their ideas for Halo 4 which we clearly expressed our disagreements with. It has taken some time for them to grow but they are truly embracing the competitive community. They have heard our cries and are answering them. I can’t wait to boot up this game and search Halo 2 Matchmaking.

I haven’t the slightest clue what will happen as far as tournaments for this game. That will be a challenge for sure but I think most of us want to see some Halo 2 action. Hell I might even compete again. Let’s use this game to pick up the pieces of this broken community and become one again in preparation of Halo 5. I know some people are going to be like, “Halo 1 and Halo 2 online? Who needs Halo 5?”  I could agree with that to an extent, but I think eventually I will want something new. To me Halo 2 was perfect but it really died at the end and I was stoked for Halo 3. If 343 BUILDS off of Halo 1-3 and not Halo 4 then I will probably like what I see out of Halo 5, and then WE BACK. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They were barley even a studio 2 years ago. It may seem like a cop out but its true. With the time table they had they just had enough time to push it out the doors.This MCC should prove to you that they CARE but you dont care your too worried about 2 years ago then looking at what is happening now and how the whole team at 343 is talking about halo as a whole 

P.s. your negativity is sickening 

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is incredible news. Honestly not worried either way, because if i dont like halo 5, i will have all the other halos to play. But glad to see they are really looking to make halo 5 a classic competitive halo experience.

With Spartan Abilities i don't think it's gonna be classic. Just more balanced and better implemented.

Shout outs to the haters saying that the competitive community was a "small segment" of the Halo community that shouldn't be listened to we just made Halo 5 our game the toaster is on me and we dishing straight bread. 

clapped-up-o.gif

They were barley even a studio 2 years ago. It may seem like a cop out but its true. With the time table they had they just had enough time to push it out the doors.This MCC should prove to you that they CARE but you dont care your too worried about 2 years ago then looking at what is happening now and how the whole team at 343 is talking about halo as a whole 

P.s. your negativity is sickening 

Honestly, we heard this same stuff with Halo 4. The whole Beli343 thing. The Frankie is God meme. I can totally understand why people would be skeptical about the "they get it" thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hopefully Spartan Abilities aren't sliding into cover and shooting from cover. 

Oh no...Please, in the name of ghostayame himself no. Looking back on that teaser, coupled with what you just said...killed my H5 boner. My MC collection one is still going strong though, so thats nice.

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that Reach is the only one not included in this bundle. Like, It's disgusting how happy it makes me.

I'll see you fools when you try dipping your toes into the Halo 1 doubles playlist. Bring the lube.

Especially you nahdudefkthat. Shit talkin' PC playin' motherfucker. I swear I'll play with PaCMaYNE you will be held to 5 kills or less.

Cursed Lemon. Cyren. There will be no reason not to play anymore. XBC is too much a hassle. It's too laggy off host. I don't have a OG setup.

If I understand correctly, there will be custom games as well. Good. Good.

See you in November.

• Upvote (+1) 4

FUCKING YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! FUCKING YEAH BABY WE BACK WE BACK WE BACK

YEAH DAMN RIGHT YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TOO MUCH HYPE

Please please please please don't let this be a dream.

Especially you nahdudefkthat. Shit talkin' PC playin' motherfucker.

Damn the salt is almost as real as halo being back  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

I see a lot of people negging you but I totally get your skepticism, even though I'm personally feeling very positive about it all right now.