Sign in to follow this  
UnRated

The little things

Remember Reach's shield flare? It was a really good way of finding out how much shield was left and was almost as good as a hit marker.

Remember getting a perfection medal? After a match, whether the opponents were good or bad, it was a good feeling getting a fancy medal for not dying. At all. Not even once. And for players who didnt get many of them, you would remember each game and what happened in that game and who your teammates were.

Remember that one guy who got camo? He was annoying, because you couldnt see him. He could have rockets, he could have a sword, but all you knew is that he was probably dangerous, because you couldnt see him, after all. But that only lasted 30 seconds. If he wanted to get it again, he had to work for it. In MLG, he might even have to plan getting it with his team.

Remember the Plasma Launcher? Watching the bright blue balls following a revenant all the way across Hemorrhage, and getting frustrated when they got stuck on a hill.

Remember Maulers? Those ****ing maulers.

Remember the Power Drain? They were so annoying, so fun, so cool. That noise that made was pretty awesome, kinda terrifying.

Remembering the little things...

Oh I definitely remember. I think we all do, and thats why we are trying so hard to get 343 to remember as well.

Remember being able to snipe atop Hemorrhage's wall behind red base? 

15 Perfections...at least. 

Remember when you played Halo, actually enjoyed it, and couldn't go to sleep because you just wanted to keep playing all night long. Sleep was for the weak. Gaming so hard.

When anything above a 35 in Halo was a respectable rank? Hell, I'd even say above 30 in some cases. (Halo 2 FYI. Halo 3 getting a 50 was a joke compared to ranking in Halo 2)

Remember when you played Halo, actually enjoyed it, and couldn't go to sleep because you just wanted to keep playing all night long. Sleep was for the weak. Gaming so hard.

When anything above a 35 in Halo was a respectable rank? Hell, I'd even say above 30 in some cases. (Halo 2 FYI. Halo 3 getting a 50 was a joke compared to ranking in Halo 2)

yeah but then compare halo 3 50s to halo 4 50s

i didnt think it could get worse 

yeah but then compare halo 3 50s to halo 4 50s

i didnt think it could get worse 

Sadly, I don't have the determination to play Halo 4 to a 50. All I know is Halo 3 50 was an afternoon quest, a week at the longest. Whereas in H2, I never got a 50. I was still perfecting my double shot when H3 came out and I wasn't even consistent with it. My BxR and BxB on the other hand were amazing imo. I rarely lost cqb battles.