RyanW

Which Halo MP will you spend the most time in?

Which Halo MP will you spend the most time in?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which Halo MP will you spend the most time in?

I think it would've made most sense to have CE and 3 to have lobbies and H2A to have custom lobbies and MM. That way, H2A will be the main focus for online play while other fans still have the option to play CE or H3.

It's too chaotic now.

They have plenty of time to organize it nicely, I wouldn't worry.

I have to ask... Who voted for Halo 4, and what is wrong with you?

Halo 4 players are an alien species! We must capture and study them! After all, we must find out why on Earth they would play the abomination of Halo 4!

Started at H2 in 07 but put in loads of time into H3.

Edit: Lol, I read this wrong. I'll probably be playing mostly CE and H2 and will dabble with H3. H4 will not be touched, unless I really want a 50 in every game lol.

My CE multiplayer experience has been limited to just 1v1 split-screen and the occasional 2v2, 3/4 player FFA so I am really looking forward to playing CE for realz.

Halo 2/ 3 I've played so much of those games already. But with the number of maps coming out, sounds like we are getting vista maps as well. I will defiantly be popping on to Halo 2 for that.

Definitely CE and H2. It's going to be so hard deciding which one I want to play. God, I feel so spoilt all of a sudden. I'm so used to having limited choices on what Halo to play but now I more options than I know what to do with. 

CE and H2 I'm glad we came to a consensus, we really are a community now aren't we. :frank:

Maybe I missed it in all the news yesterday but are we sure that you can even play multiplayer in a dedicated game?  I thought multiplayer gave you different map options from across all the games per gametype. Unless you are all talking about customs only.

If we do get to search multiplayer in dedicated game lobbies it will be CE and H2 for me.  CE came out when I finished university and did a lot of LAN's with friends.  It would be awesome to somewhat recreate those nights via XBL.  Plus it just the superior game out of the serious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I expect to play Halo 1 2v2 primarily, then play the "All Games" playlists for everything else (including more 2's).

The more I think about it, the more I think the "All Games" playlists are going to be awesome.  Everyone can play their favorite game, then get a taste of everything else in one playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I certainly want to experience H1 MP for the first time.  But I see myself in H2/H3 majority of the time.

Initially I can see myself playing mostly H2! But it'll probably average out to the first 3 games over time. I really got in to Halo at the end of Halo 2 and the beginning of Halo 3 is when I played a ton with friends, I'm pretty much just nostalgia'ing all over the keyboard right now!!

I am probably going to play all four games as much as possible.

This may seem as idiotic, but I enjoyed playing each game and their multiplayer, minus Reach. They all had something interesting to offer when fighting a battle, or obtaining a power weapon, or controlling a position. Even with the addition of Equipment, or Armor Abilities, it was a challenge to out-play and out-think the enemy. Call me crazy, but I want to become the bane of any Halo player; Classic or Modern. I want to make them think outside the box, make them sweat with determination to beat me, or my team.

I want Halo to finally play like Halo.

I'll be that guy who says Halo 3.

I've been there from the beginning but never played competitively until 3 and therefore enjoy that one the most. Also, don't underestimate how good it can be with dedicated servers and 60fps. A lot of our complaints about the game will go away because of that.

That being said, I will seek to play 1 and 2 competitively for the first time and will most likely get lost in them as well.

My main reason for liking 3 is the sniper. Tearing it up with the sniper in 3 is so rewarding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really want to play H2 to relive my childhood for the most part but I also want to show some of the older guys I can hang in CE. 

One thing stuck on my mind though is how will H3 play on dedicated servers. Connection rally was the only thing holding that game back.

Im very conflicted. I was too young to play H1 competitively on lan but Halo 2 was something that pretty sadly ate my life away. I want to go back to those days of running Halo 2 all day but at the same time I'm really interested in learning more of the meta for Halo CE and becoming a half way decent player in that. 

I know its been years since I've played Halo 2 online, but there is nothing about the game i have forgot how to do outside sniping consistently and double shotting which will come back pretty quickly after a few months of playing. Halo CE however will feel like a totally new game to me though with the online aspect of it.

I don't think there will be different playlists for each game. The way they showed it, in BTB, you could get Blood Gulch, Waterworks, Rat's Nest or Exile. There might be filters a player can put in, but the playlists will be cross-game. 

Obviously I won't be voting for Halo 4 (except in Action Sack). 

CE & H2 will probably split my time in 4v4 or objective playlists. 

For BTB, I'm expecting to play mainly H3 and a bit of CE. CE only had 2 BTB maps for Xbox version, and H2 BTB wasn't nearly as fun as CE or 3. Snipers and rockets were too OP on most maps.

As long as I can remember to completely stop the Warthog before I get out in CE, then I'll have no problem driving it. That 3 shot Magnum is gonna be nice to feel again. I'll definitely be going back for Halo 2 though and CE mainly with some Halo 3. I won't ever touch Halo 4 again, you cannot pay me enough too, well maybe for the Campaign. I look forward to being able to dual wield my beloved Needlers again and also Superjumping on Ascension which I still have to find out if it's even possible in Halo 2 Aniv. 

Now if I can only remember the callouts for Halo 2 maps...

Definitely getting it for H2A but DAT HALO 3 tho...

Halo 3 was the Precursors' Gift to Gaming.