Joseph

Frank O'Connor confirms Armor Abilities removed from Halo 5

Sigh... you just can't please some people

I clearly state 4 sentences that could please some people. I guess 28 syllables is too much to ask for =\

before the "H2a hype train" What issues were recurring in every damn thread?

1. sprint

2. flinch

3. spectator mode

4. spread/bloom

5. ranks

so... they teased #5, nothing about the top 4 :S

like I'm actually pretty bummed. I thought I was getting h2 forge, theater, spectator mode(you can literally mod it), HD skin for mp. We got a semi confirm on forge.

Instead I get halo 1 online (aka better, but still like wtf? where was this 2 years ago?) and nothing new. I can play og halo 2 on xbc... 

• Downvote (-1) 7

No matter what Spartan Abilities are, as long as they're pick up only, they will be miles better than Armor Abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I clearly state 4 sentences that could please some people. I guess 28 syllables is too much to ask for =\

1. sprint

2. flinch

3. spectator mode

4. spread/bloom

5. ranks

like I'm actually pretty bummed. I thought I was getting h2 forge, theater, spectator mode(you can literally mod it), HD skin for mp. We got a semi confirm on forge.

Instead I get halo 1 online (aka better, but still like wtf? where was this 2 years ago?) and nothing new. I can play og halo 2 on xbc... 

Actually, the H2A maps (the updated ones) are on what I'm pretty positive is the H5 engine (They did say it's a new engine for xbone). Ghost DOES get descoped in the MP video. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually, the H2A maps (the updated ones) are on what I'm pretty positive is the H5 engine (They did say it's a new engine for xbone). Ghost DOES get descoped in the MP video. 

still didn't mention if it's going to be in the game for h5. I wouldn't be surprised if he unscoped himself since its a scripted event

• Downvote (-1) 9

Look in the bright side... if Halo 5 sucks, we got original trilogy in 1080p, 60fps w/ Dedicated servers. Sounds like there's no excuse for us to not go back to the previous Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

still didn't mention if it's going to be in the game for h5. I wouldn't be surprised if he unscoped himself since its a scripted event

I looked at the video again, it's pretty much impossible to tell if the descope happens because he gets shot or because he chooses to reload at that exact moment.

I don't care if sprint makes it into the game, just give us the option to play without it (say, in a competitive playlist) and for the love of god PLEASE DONT design maps around that mechanic.

Now if they get the h2a right, I'll have a little more faith in H5...

God, I hope they nail it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If halo 5 fails we still got halo 2 why you guys still debating ?

343 really step it up with the master chief edition.

Let's wait till halo 5 is actually out.

as far as i'm concerned, i have no reason to believe halo 5 won't be atleast as good as halo 3 with bravo, ghost and menke working their magic with 343. all these changes tell me 343 are listening to not just them but the many people both here at beyond and the ones who left halo 4.

An early beta is the biggest tell. I don't want to go in 100% balls deep yet, but they definitely have my support. It's nice to have primarily positive things to say again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

even if it sucks we have halo 1 and 2 to play....

Were set for the whole life span of the Xbox One if every new Halo game sucks. 

Guys, do you think people will be able to choose what Spartan Abilities they have (like what we have now with perks and AAs), or do you think we'll all have the same things at the same time?
I don't mind the sound of it as long as it's a situation where everyone has the same set of abilities depending on the gametype, so that there's no randomness and unpredictability involved.

Also, I hope that these abilities don't clutter gameplay and take away from the skill that's already involved in encounters, such as strafing. If these abilities add something to gameplay without taking anything away, and don't make the game feel like Titanfall or something that isn't Halo, then I'll be happy. I guess time will tell.

1. sprint

2. flinch

3. spectator mode

4. spread/bloom

5. ranks

Quit crying, we literally were just given arguably the best gift of all time by 343. Wait for the beta before you start complaining again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

He wouldn't draw a comparison to duel-wielding and boarding if these were on-map pickups or perks. These are looking like default features.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm getting the feeling that these abilities will be base traits that will enhance things like movement or melee. Nothing as drastic and jarring as AAs, but still a new element.

If I'm right it hopefully will be the kind of thing we've wanted to compromise AAs and perks into. At any rate, the MCC will be on the same platform so falling back to good Halo is always a viable option now.

He wouldn't draw a comparison to duel-wielding and boarding if these were on-map pickups or perks. These are looking like default features.

^^^ this comparison I think is key

I am hoping it is things like:

-sliding

-mantling/parkour/scaling

-double jump

-difficult button combos (not a must for me but I wouldn't complain if they were in)

-vehicle hopping (jump on hood of warthog then over instead of getting splattered)

- prone position (if only while having the sniper out could be ok)

-Kick

-push/pull

In the video we saw (I realize it was all CGI to likely show case spartan vs spartan combat)

-a Thruster assisted tackle

-sprinting

-a huge jump

-some crazy iron man thruster assisted ground pound/punch

-a BR with NO Scope

The gameplay which was on the new xbox one technology/engine we saw

- a descope

-grenade markers

I don't want to see a combat roll; it would to too similar to evade.  If sprint is back as an always on feature then adding an always on combat roll would be horrible.

Hopefully they will elaborate sooner than later

• Downvote (-1) 3

I'm getting the feeling that these abilities will be base traits that will enhance things like movement or melee. Nothing as drastic and jarring as AAs, but still a new element.

If I'm right it hopefully will be the kind of thing we've wanted to compromise AAs and perks into. At any rate, the MCC will be on the same platform so falling back to good Halo is always a viable option now.

Would be cool if it were map pickups. The can get away with Jetpack, Dropshield, whatever crazy shit. As long as it's a map pickup they can do it for all I care.

If the word "Arena" means the same to them as it does to most of us I'm sure we're gonna see no more perks. They wrote it all over the trailer. Has to mean something.

They can spare the customization for things like armor and weapon attachments that don't affect gameplay but still give people who care about that things to unlock and ways to be unique.

Yeah but having CE and H2 on the same platform almost makes it irrelevant if they fuck it up. Haha

1. sprint

2. flinch

3. spectator mode

4. spread/bloom

5. ranks

From reading what you've put in this thread, imo you sound so ungrateful, like someone posted quoting you before, no pleasing some people.

Apparently we're getting h2 forge, theatre mode should at least be in halo 3/4 if it's the same engine. As for spectator mode, i don't expect it at all in 2014, i do expect it for h5 though.

As for the ce online, haven't they stated why this is a lot easier to do now then in the past..?

Overall incredible news, so much more then anyone expected.

As for the ce online, haven't they stated why this is a lot easier to do now then in the past..?

They said dedicated servers fixed the issue and allowed them to have it over XBL as it won't use a peer to peer system.