Sign in to follow this  
minusminun

Can the Master Chief Collection bring back Competitive Halo?

I like Commons reasoning better. That'd be very weak if that's how 343i was gonna try to hype us up.

It's true.. When has a game developer for any game given out every piece of information regarding their game at one time months before the release?

It's true.. When has a game developer for any game given out every piece of information regarding their game at one time months before the release?

Lol. System link isn't something you hide. If Trey Arch was in an interview and wasn't planning on talking about system link(cause usually you assume a game that would have it) and the person interviewing asked "will be there system link" I'm sure they would be fine with answering it. I'm sure they wouldn't be thinking "you know what this is pretty big news to share, I should save it for another time to hype up the game".

Lol yes you're right about devs not releasing every bit of information, but reasonable about it.

Lol. System link isn't something you hide. If Trey Arch was in an interview and wasn't planning on talking about system link(cause usually you assume a game that would have it) and the person interviewing asked "will be there system link" I'm sure they would be fine with answering it. I'm sure they wouldn't be thinking "you know what this is pretty big news to share, I should save it for another time to hype up the game".

Lol yes you're right about devs not releasing every bit of information, but reasonable about it.

Did you not watch the interview with ign? They pretty much said they are working on it and plan to release the game how it was. Which had system link. They didn't hide anything. Lol

Did you not watch the interview with ign? They pretty much said they are working on it and plan to release the game how it was. Which had system link. They didn't hide anything. Lol

My point.

To all the people saying no system link means it has no chance at being a competitive game, stop being foolish.. Starcraft 2 does not have system link capabilities and is one of the largest esports in the world. They will just have to play online, like SC2 does, and there should be no problem. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People also back then did that because they literally loved the game. With the latest installments of halos why would people pay to go to play a game they hate and make no money. I can forsee more people going to events because people love halo1, and 2 this game brings back great memories.

boom, this right here. I'm not even worried cause I know how good halo 1 is and I know people will play it

I personally know all my old Halo 2 buddies who don't have xboxone already have said they are going out and buying one just for MMC. They hype is real!

Yep, I was actually going to buy a Playstation until I heard About the MCC. Now I'm going to buy an Xbone just to play Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm more worried about Halo 1 netcode tbh.

I am if we don't get system link.

I'm not sweating it because I'm cool with it if it plays like XBC on a decent host which I believe is worst case scenario.  I don't play XBC because I can't get it running.  But accessibility, voice support, matchmaking, etc all play a factor too.  Plus, there will be no host advantage.  I mean, it's all about expectations and I keep mine low and am still happy(long as I get system link)

• Upvote (+1) 1

To all the people saying no system link means it has no chance at being a competitive game, stop being foolish.. Starcraft 2 does not have system link capabilities and is one of the largest esports in the world. They will just have to play online, like SC2 does, and there should be no problem. 

Yes, because what competitive Halo needs is another barrier/obstacle for a competitive tournament to be run.

Team wise we might if people show up. The real question is the viewers, and that is going to depend on how big of an impact H2 + Streaming can make.

I agree though, as we sit currently, it will be hard to meet the numbers unless we get some good content out and people enjoy watching H2 like they did 7-10 years ago.

My personal opinion is H2 is a great game to watch and will be good for live-streaming, but what made H2 MLG so great is the team rivalries and personalities along with the dominance of FB vs the field. I am not sure it will be THAT hype this time around, not to mention it is a 10 year old game and that is naturally going to turn off most of the casual viewership audience.

We are going to need a dedicated core community when the MCC comes out to show why these games are so special and have a bigger presence on Twitch/Youtube than the past to have a chance to majorly re-grow the scene and viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here is my honest opinion. When it comes to tournament play I think Halo will be able to grow enough to see more of it and maybe even get back on the MLG circuit, but outside of that i don't think it has the potential to grow into the next big e-sports shooter we all would want.

It's just hard to imagine so much room for growth being a console exclusive and when majority of the Halo players outside of the competitive community think these guys play crazy settings and what not and can't agree on a lot of basic fundamentals and concepts many of us share. Heck even in our own community we disagree about things often.

I just don't see Halo being a very profitable game but I can be wrong. I'm sure though with the release of MCC we should see something similar to the old H2-H3 days for atleast the first year it is out.

sup nerd

on topic, probably not like it used to be. The masses have moved on to other games. We can get some great games and great matches but we should probably expect to be something like the FGC, PC Shooters like quake or the smash community. Be close and tight-knit, cool with one another for the most part and enjoy the games we love. Try to put on awesome small events with decent money but don't expect to be on TV again. It's probably not gonna happen. Just play the game you enjoy; we all have that option now.

I love this concept. Have fun. MLG doesn't run our lives and dictate the game we play anymore. ( ie. Reach and Halo Duty)

MLG doesn't run our lives and dictate the game we play anymore. ( ie. Reach and Halo Duty)

For most they still will. Whatever game MLG chooses Halo wise, the comp community will flock to it. If Halo 5 is a big pile of steaming shit, but MLG runs tournaments on it, people will flock to that too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

For once a Halo title is coming after CoD. if that actually means something is beyond me.

Cod needs to be played for FUN with no competitive tournaments.

• Downvote (-1) 1

For most they still will. Whatever game MLG chooses Halo wise, the comp community will flock to it. If Halo 5 is a big pile of steaming shit, but MLG runs tournaments on it, people will flock to that too.

Kind of the reality of being a NA-based console shooter scene, the biggest shooter league in NA(MLG) will always have the most power. Especially when your the Halo community and you have legendary team names and players all tied to MLG.

I am not going to lie, I want the MCC/H5 to be picked up by MLG, I just dont want them to monopolize it again. If it doesn't though, I wont be that dissapointed as I know there will still be tournaments for H1-H3 as long as there is a demand by the community for them.

Cod needs to be played for FUN with no competitive tournaments.

Some comments baffle me but this just broke my ignorance meter. 

Some comments baffle me but this just broke my ignorance meter.

I confuse myself sometimes....

I think the MCC will definitely bring back competitive halo no doubt about it and H2 will dominate. Even if it's not picked up by MLG for various reasons there will still be big time tournaments from other big organizations/leagues and players need to accept that if they truely want to compete in the game they love. It will be fun for a good year until H5 comes out which will gain the bigger population simply because mostly everyone wants to play the newest game and be the best at the newest halo whether it's good or not. I just can't wait to compete in H2A and H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem is that while the MCC collection will be popular for a year or so, and maybe revive some old halo players, h5 comes out just a year after that and that game will decide whether or not Halo has a competitive future.  If h5 repeats the mistake of making the social and comp settings entirely different we will have Reach/h4 all over again.  MCC will bring some life into the scene, but only temporarily, and it will not survive if Halo 5 is a crock of shit.  MCC is to appease the players saying they want a classic Halo experience.  I don't think this truly means Halo is moving in a good direction, I think it means 343 is trying to make some money off the players that want the nostalgia, and maybe some people too young to have experienced h1/h2 in its prime.  When it comes down to it, there is nothing really, truly new in the MCC and that is why it cannot sustain itself for more than a year or two.  

• Downvote (-1) 1