CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

I really like the Blue one. I'll be ordering mine within the next few days.

Seriously guys - get behind this as much as you can (I understand not everyone can just throw out money for a shirt). Crowd funding, in any way shape or form - is something I didn't think Halo would ever see from any company. UGC is doing everything right so far - let's get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. If we can make this first event big - with a main portion of it being through community support directly funding some of the prizing - it's going to be a huge start for The MCC and Halo as a whole in 2014/2015.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Should try and get Halo twitter to tweet this out or some of the employees at 343's personal twitters. With 5 months to go it would probably add alot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only thing that kind of sucks about the date is that it will be right during the h5 beta, still good though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should try and get Halo twitter to tweet this out or some of the employees at 343's personal twitters. With 5 months to go it would probably add alot.

Probably a good idea.

I really like the Blue one. I'll be ordering mine within the next few days.

Seriously guys - get behind this as much as you can (I understand not everyone can just throw out money for a shirt). Crowd funding, in any way shape or form - is something I didn't think Halo would ever see from any company. UGC is doing everything right so far - let's get the ball rolling and keep it rolling. If we can make this first event big - with a main portion of it being through community support directly funding some of the prizing - it's going to be a huge start for The MCC and Halo as a whole in 2014/2015.

I was actually thinking about getting more than one of them. Having a shirt with my GT on it plus supporting a great cause is a win win. The blue one is the best though.

https://twitter.com/UGCevents/status/487108800420143106

Thought you would all like to know

I think it would be really cool if you guys consider having a red shirt with this design. Halo has always been the red team vs the blue. Using the color scheme you could possibly raise more money from the shirts and there's tons of opportunity to market the two colors. You could do a contest to see which side buys the most shirts, idk something to think about.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish passes weren't on sale already.  The good teams and players are going to wait until much closer until the tournament, and probably at least until the game comes out, to form teams and start practicing, and by then there won't be any passes left.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish passes weren't on sale already.  The good teams and players are going to wait until much closer until the tournament, and probably at least until the game comes out, to form teams and start practicing, and by then there won't be any passes left.

They will extend the bracket.

They will extend the bracket.

32 teams. I think we're looking at 96 for the most passes they'll possibly have.

Also, I am sure not all the passes sold will end up being fully bought, but still better to pay $20 now...lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanna see a return of the Teams, Seeds, and Discussion Threads for these kinds of events a la Lastman!

Can't wait to see some full teams announced

That quick response, the professionalism. Giving the people what they want.

#weback

• Upvote (+1) 1

For some reason that link above wasn't working for me (might be the @ in front). Anyway, here is another link for those who want to rep the Red Team: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

32 teams. I think we're looking at 96 for the most passes they'll possibly have.

Also, I am sure not all the passes sold will end up being fully bought, but still better to pay $20 now...lol

Regardless of how many teams are interested, UGC probably isn't big enough and the venue probably isn't big enough for more than 64-96 teams.  I understand why they are selling passes early but I think this will lead to lots of random players buying passes that they don't know if they will need, so come event time when they finally have their teams a lot of passes will go unused or be re-sold.  This could be a problem where teams that could have gone won't be able to because passes were re-sold too late and they didn't book their travel stuff because they originally thought they couldn't go.  If UGC releases 32 more passes (and this is their limit for team passes they can sell), they should not be pre-sold passes and should only go on sale for full price after MCC has come out.

I live in St. Louis, and I'm 99% sure I'm going, but I have no idea what my team will be and I don't want to be roped into buying a pass that I may not need that may not be refundable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just picked up two tee's; one red and one blue.

Personally, I would feel like a dingus advertising my gamertag/twitter on my shirt, so I have my tag and twitter set to:

GT: UGC St. Louis, MO

Twitter: 2-4 January, 2015

I just made some sick event shirts for myself!

Edit: I would definitely grab another one if it was offered in green.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Regardless of how many teams are interested, UGC probably isn't big enough and the venue probably isn't big enough for more than 64-96 teams.  I understand why they are selling passes early but I think this will lead to lots of random players buying passes that they don't know if they will need, so come event time when they finally have their teams a lot of passes will go unused or be re-sold.  This could be a problem where teams that could have gone won't be able to because passes were re-sold too late and they didn't book their travel stuff because they originally thought they couldn't go.  If UGC releases 32 more passes (and this is their limit for team passes they can sell), they should not be pre-sold passes and should only go on sale for full price after MCC has come out.

I live in St. Louis, and I'm 99% sure I'm going, but I have no idea what my team will be and I don't want to be roped into buying a pass that I may not need that may not be refundable.

I don't disagree, but like I said I bet 30-40% of passes currently reserved will go back into the pool and go unclaimed. Then I am sure you will have people teaming with others who have passes. I think we'll be fine.

I am going 100% as well. It'll be fun.

Just picked up two tee's; one red and one blue.

Personally, I would feel like a dingus advertising my gamertag/twitter on my shirt, so I have my tag and twitter set to:

GT: UGC St. Louis, MI

Twitter: 2-4 January, 2015

I just made some sick event shirts for myself!

Edit: I would definitely grab another one if it was offered in green.

Hope, that isn't final. The letter for Missouri are MO. I think MI is Michigan. Sorry.

Pretty sure I only made the typo in the post... I hope so anyway....

I'll contact support just to be sure.

I'll be going over my finances real soon and see what I can do. I have too many clothes as it is and wasn't really interested in the GT and Twitter idea, but I really like Aphex's idea.

Realistically, I'd like to go to this event. I might as well put the deposit down now, but who I team with will certainly be interesting. I had thought about creating an all teambeyond.net team in the past that gives the community a chance to showcase some of it's talent.

edit: Just reserved my pass!

I want to get one. I will probably go ahead and put my tag on the back, but I don't care at all about twitter, so I'm not sure what to put there.

Oh man I'm starting to get a little nervous; I contacted customer support and sales about the potential typo nearly two hours ago and still haven't heard back... It'd be a huge bummer if my shirts read "St. Louis, Michigan."

Help a brother out, UGC!

• Upvote (+1) 1