CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Halo has had H4, A broken MCC release that is still broken with no spec mode and three maps(how many people are left??), and probably has like 50k tops playing it right now. I dont know how someone could realistically expect Halo e-sports to build momentum with a broken out-dated comp title with less than 20k still playing it at peak times.

Halo 4 is in the past and MCC is not the flagship game that is going to pull Halo eSports to the top.  Halo: MCC is just a waiting phase for Halo 5. I agree that Halo MCC is a huge disappointment with lots of issues.

Also not sure where you got that 50k population from.

Its going to be Halo 5 that is being built from the ground up to fit into today's eSports world.

The momentum that is being built is the community. We are currently in a much better position than we were last year. The 343/ESL/Twitch partnership is laying down the foundation for the future of Halo eSports.

The community expects Halo to be the number 1 eSports overnight however its going to take some time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wish Bravo/GB weren't casting the finals. 

Why the hell is Walshy, the guy with finals experience, not casting the finals? GB offers zero to the casts.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I got a question:

Do problems like this happen with AW tournies on the XB1? I need to know weather it's the XB1 or MCC so I know weather it's OK to post 343bola in the chat.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quit the Build chant - that's just embarrassing...

it's funny that we went from cartridges with 0 load time, to discs with load times to having to install your games and having possibly worse load times plus a whole series of issues.

Feels like we only go backwards.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I got a question:

Do problems like this happen with AW tournies on the XB1? I need to know weather it's the XB1 or MCC so I know weather it's OK to post 343bola in the chat.

No need to do research, hit em with the  :prayers:

Its really fucking pathetic, this game

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like your avatar

or rather...

Ratava ruoy ekil I

Haha did you know he learned to do that himself in high school? Found out the other day too he ain't a midget either he just has a condition that stops his bones healing properly. The name escapes me tho.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They changed the name banner to become red when on a red team players PoV instead of just having blue for all players. Small change that I don't really need, but I imagine that it's an important change to have for any new viewers tuning in who don't know which players are on what team. Props to UGC for at least fixing that before tournament end.

But then again, as soon as they did it the game showed, yet again, how broken it is, so it's not like we're gonna have new viewers who can care :bravo:

Halo 4 is in the past and MCC is not the flagship game that is going to pull Halo eSports to the top.  Halo: MCC is just a waiting phase for Halo 5. I agree that Halo MCC is a huge disappointment with lots of issues.

Its going to be Halo 5 that is being built from the ground up to fit into today's eSports world.

The momentum that is being built is the community. We are currently in a much better position than we were last year. The 343/ESL/Twitch partnership is laying down the foundation for the future of Halo eSports.

The community expects Halo to be the number 1 eSports overnight however its going to take some time.

Halo 5 is not an eSports title. Stop dreaming.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow that is the last year that we can see a half decent halo that has events before the crap that halo 5 is will be played at events and they even fuck up the last okay halo events before that trashy CoD clone will be played.

I am speaking of the Spec Mode that is going to be included, the ranking system that provides leaderboards.

The game mechanics is another discussion that is currently happening.

I really wish Bravo/GB weren't casting the finals. 

Why the hell is Walshy, the guy with finals experience, not casting the finals? GB offers zero to the casts.

THIS bravos not a bad caster but this duo is horrendous. You need hype casters for finals, see: any marvel event not run by capcom.

I would be interested to know how many are still playing the H5 beta, my estimate is that between MCC and H5 beta its like 50k-60k concurrent or around that number.

Halo will never be the number 1 NA e-sport again, not even on console. That is why its important H5 is at least a comp game with some integrity(doubtful right now) people want to play or people will just be too embarrassed to be Halo players anymore and jump ship. H5 has to be the rallying cry for the comp Halo community and so far I dont see that happening when its quite obviously trying too hard to appeal to another audience.

I wholeheartedly disagree. It may not be classic Halo but it has the tools to succeed as an eSport.

• Upvote (+1) 1

THIS bravos not a bad caster but this duo is horrendous. You need hype casters for finals, see: any marvel event not run by capcom.

They both do play-by-play and just end up talking over each other. Let Bravo do the play-by-play and let Walshy explain to the viewers what's happening from a strategic level AND from an experience level. Bravo is an acceptable play-by-play because he also has game insight so the quality of what he says is inherently better than what Goldenboy says. I'm not trying to hate on GB but it's not like they have amazing caster chemistry or anything of that nature. Goldenboy literally just says what he sees on screen and brings us to "Listen Ins".

I really feel that this duo takes away from the finals experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1