CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Chig too?

Him as well. Totally forgot he has never won an event either lol  :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep seeing sick ads on the #UGC20K stream then realize we did them. :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 5

"we smash white guuuuuuurls" as the name of the h2 ffa in this montage, classy haha.

If CLG plays at the same level of intensity vs Denial they do versus EG I dont see how they wont win. Denial is on fire but CLG is better.

Halo will hopefully get big numbers. Its going to take time however with 343 support I think we will get there.

50k for a season consisting of 3 LAN events with a total prizing of less than 50k is not a joke lmao. MLG isn't exactly throwing out huge prizepools right now either, most of their lans are 25k. The MLG Season 3 League Playoffs prizing was 75k and MLG Anaheim earlier this year(2014) was 80k.  Halo is still less than CoD but that is to be expected with CoDs popularity right now.

I was trying to make this exact same point on twitter to people complaining about the prize pool. Halo was barely scraping together 10k events with AGL. To have a 50k event today (not even a year removed from the train wreck of AGL) is pretty solid - especially for the state Halo is in. The game being played is sub par at best and the viewership has actually fallen off from IG to this UGC event. You can't compare Halo prize pools to CoD ones when a UMG event for $25k is pulling 160k viewers in the finals and a Halo event on the same day for $50k is currently sitting at 10k. People expect Halo to magically jump back to what it was in the past. In reality MLG isn't personally putting up as much $ for CoD as they used to for Halo back in the day. And this is with a growth in their audience. The advantage CoD has is that the developer puts up a $1 mil prize for champs, but even 343i put up $500k in prizes for GC for Halo 4. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo will hopefully get big numbers. Its going to take time however with 343 support I think we will get there.

Halo has had H4, A broken MCC release that is still broken with no spec mode and three maps(how many people are left??), and probably has like 50k tops playing it right now. I dont know how someone could realistically expect Halo e-sports to build momentum with a broken out-dated comp title with less than 20k still playing it at peak times.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We have a better chance of trying to continue the MCC lifetime (getting a Midship remake, getting matchmaking fixed) than Halo 5.

Halo Inventional had 48K viewers for the finals, We Had big numbers and then MCC happened. 

3rd gen console can't even handle 20th century technology.

Imagine if someone went to the event, grabbed the ip address and ddosed the event? honestly m$ you really dropped the ball

• Upvote (+1) 3