CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Im not sure why Ryanoob has been doubted in the first place. Dude has been nuts since h4.

Ryanoob never fails to amaze me - just surprised at how well Mikwen's doing! It's like having Chig on the same team makes him 5x the player.

Im not sure why Ryanoob has been doubted in the first place. Dude has been nuts since h4.

Probably because of his wacko posts and tweets, lol. Sometimes I think he's just trolling us all...

Lmao, guy, read what I said again... I'm asking why one season would affect the second... Wouldn't all the points be fresh regardless? Why would season 2 imply a bigger event than season 1?

Holy fuck. 

Dude you are seriously dumb. You would achieve a greater total prize pool from having two seasons, and also probably/maybe a "postseason" or "year-end final" with its own prize pool.

Simple addition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nooooooooooo CLG lost. The anti-2gre trolls are going to be out in full force tonight.

Ogre-rated

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The game dont even work and yall complaining about the prize money you wont ever win? Priorities man.

• Upvote (+1) 6

UMG had 154k concurrent views. I had no idea CoD was that big competitively.

I remember Sundance tweeted that Cod had around 200K at an MLG event some time ago. Cant remember if it was the X Games thing or not though. Cod is huge compared to Halo.

50k for a season finals is great. There will be a season 2 probably from April - August, with another 50k, and then a Grand Championship around October November, most likely with an H5 presence in some form and a large prizepool. Overally Halo is probably looking at 400k in total prizing for the year, which is great.

Dude you are seriously dumb. You would achieve a greater total prize pool from having two seasons, and also probably/maybe a "postseason" or "year-end final" with its own prize pool.

Simple addition.

You call me dumb, then imply that I didn't know having two seasons = more prize money.

No fucking shit.

What I'm saying is, why are the HCS season finals/championships so low in prize money because of a year-end final? Regardless if there are 2 seasons or not, they should be stand-alone. Each season should be big on their own, with an even bigger "year-end final" (which I have to say, why should that even be a factor in having a prize pool as small as 50k for the HCS finals?).

Just look at the MLG tweets. 50k is a joke. I'm not the only one laughing at this...

• Downvote (-1) 3

You call me dumb, then imply that I didn't know having two seasons = more prize money.

No fucking shit.

What I'm saying is, why are the HCS season finals/championships so low in prize money because of a year-end final? Regardless if there are 2 seasons or not, they should be stand-alone. Each season should be big on their own, with an even bigger "year-end final" (which I have to say, why should that even be a factor in having a prize pool as small as 50k for the HCS finals?).

Just look at the MLG tweets. 50k is a joke. I'm not the only one laughing at this...

50k for a season consisting of 3 LAN events with a total prizing of less than 50k is not a joke lmao. MLG isn't exactly throwing out huge prizepools right now either, most of their lans are 25k. The MLG Season 3 League Playoffs prizing was 75k and MLG Anaheim earlier this year(2014) was 80k.  Halo is still less than CoD but that is to be expected with CoDs popularity right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Love Ryanoob. They should get more players in the booth. Would love to hear Ninja doing some colour commentary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

50k for a season consisting of 3 LAN events with a total prizing of less than 50k is not a joke lmao. MLG isn't exactly throwing out huge prizepools right now either, most of their lans are 25k. The MLG Season 3 League Playoffs prizing was 75k and MLG Anaheim earlier this year was 80k.  Halo is still less than CoD but that is to be expected with CoDs popularity right now.

Agreed. When you take into account the viewership that CoD gets in comparison to Halo... I don't think the Halo prize pools are all that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reach* he was also solid in h3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Love Ryanoob. They should get more players in the booth. Would love to hear Ninja doing some colour commentary.

CoD brings in players a lot and they usually do a good job.

I would have had CLG, EG, Optic, Str8, c9 all above denial before this event. Id have them in the Noble black, bth,Sudds bracket.

Happy to see they are gelling now with Chig in the team. Would love to see Mikwen when an event. He grinds.

CoD is a multiply platform game. Im not surprised really,

not this again, COD Black ops 2 had 40K viewers in 2013. Its called Growth.