CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Bravo is going to get pro players together to discuss rule changes - in specific continuing games that need to be restarted from the previous score.

https://twitter.com/Brav/status/551838321924513792 

I don't like that. It changes the flow of the game. So a team gets to score twice, then everyone goes back to original spawns, and then they all say go at a specific time? Just too silly.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gotta love Status Quo's luck on Sundays... Some things never change smh.

343 needs to cancel ALL future HCS events and FIX THEIR GAME because it is literally screwing over teams at events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does Optic have any fans? lol don't mean to rag but they're the Atlanta Hawks of the HCS.

I like optic. I'm still holding out that Enable will make his return and the old SQ squad will be back together.

will ninja still praise 343 for making such great games?

Does Optic have any fans? lol don't mean to rag but they're the Atlanta Hawks of the HCS.

LMAO

Their real fans are watching Optic play COD. FS with 100K followers means nothing. just optic fan boys. 

Did this actually happen!? 

FIXED

Well if you liked the old status quo squad... you may like the optic squad.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't like that. It changes the flow of the game. So a team gets to score twice, then everyone goes back to original spawns, and then they all say go at a specific time? Just too silly.

No? If a CTF game crashes with one team leading 1-0 at the 20 minute mark - the game will be restarted but the score will stay the same, and the remaining time will be played or they will play through the full 15 minutes until a team wins. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's kind of sad that there needs to be a real emphasis on a rule set for game crashes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That sucks, they should have had something figured out after the same situation happened last event multiple times. 

Tweet 1 : 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Welp we won 3-0 but replayed game one and two and ended up losing 3-2</p>— Tyler Blevins (@C9Ninja) <a href="https://twitter.com/C9Ninja/status/551874832678539264">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> 

Tweet 2 : 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Game one we go up 4-1 lagout, replay again, 3-2 we won, won game 2 50-41 flame went black screen for 10 seconds and we replay.</p>— Tyler Blevins (@C9Ninja) <a href="https://twitter.com/C9Ninja/status/551875905208221696">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Tweet 3:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lost the replay game two, won game 3 200-53, lost game 4 and 5 ha love the rules </p>— Tyler Blevins (@C9Ninja) <a href="https://twitter.com/C9Ninja/status/551876030521020416">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

I assume you are quoting Ninja's tweets, and yes it really happened.

They just said c9-optic is next on the stream.

Did they play already?

Edit: Goldbenboy is lost. :lol:

C9 lost. Maven should cast

Who is everyone's favourite casters so far? I think Maven and Walshy was good.

Walshy with anyone is great, been my favourite caster for a while now.

This tournament is a complete joke. The production of this event is complete shit, and the rules are diarrhea.  

Yet you've been on here posting about it for hours while watching the event. If it's such a joke why don't you stop watching?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think you can really blame UGC for showing EGvsStr8 over C9vsOptic, both of those matches look really good on paper, especially since Str8 had a close series against CLG.

I do blame UGC for scheduling their tournament in a way where we could only have time to watch one of those matches. Even if you had to do a FFA on Friday, surely there could've been a way to optimize scheduling a bit differently so that we could see every match from LR9 onwards. With 8+ really good teams in the tournament, all of who stand a good chance of beating one another, you're almost assuredly gonna miss out on some good matches if you don't schedule to try and stream top 8 and onwards.

Who is everyone's favourite casters so far? I think Maven and Walshy was good.

Walshy with anyone is great, been my favourite caster for a while now.

Walsh and Maven easily.

Goldenboy seems like a cool guy, but he's not very good, and doesn't bring anything. Bravo is solid too.

I don't think you can really blame UGC for showing EGvsStr8 over C9vsOptic, both of those matches look really good on paper, especially since Str8 had a close series against CLG.

I do blame UGC for scheduling their tournament in a way where we could only have time to watch one of those matches. Even if you had to do a FFA on Friday, surely there could've been a way to optimize scheduling a bit differently so that we could see every match from LR9 onwards. With 8+ really good teams in the tournament, all of who stand a good chance of beating one another, you're almost assuredly gonna miss out on some good matches if you don't schedule to try and stream top 8 and onwards.

They should have played more yesterday. They ended the tourney at like 11pm

Flamesword tweeted me seeing the same shit happened to them vs Denial. There shouldn't be events on a broken game.

Tweet 1 : 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Welp we won 3-0 but replayed game one and two and ended up losing 3-2</p>— Tyler Blevins (@C9Ninja) <a href="https://twitter.com/C9Ninja/status/551874832678539264">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Tweet 2 : 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Game one we go up 4-1 lagout, replay again, 3-2 we won, won game 2 50-41 flame went black screen for 10 seconds and we replay.</p>— Tyler Blevins (@C9Ninja) <a href="https://twitter.com/C9Ninja/status/551875905208221696">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Tweet 3:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lost the replay game two, won game 3 200-53, lost game 4 and 5 ha love the rules </p>— Tyler Blevins (@C9Ninja) <a href="https://twitter.com/C9Ninja/status/551876030521020416">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

just click n each individual tweet and then paste the hyperlink for each....the embed feature won't work. It's really simple and easy..

Wtf happened in game 2 that they got to the score of 50-41?  They hit 50, flamesword went blackscreen after the score and had to replay?

So now can we start a grassroots effort to play some of the good Halos?

• Upvote (+1) 5

They really allowed large scale tournaments to be played on this game like it is and while its been broken they've said nothing for two weeks about it, but continue to promote their COD Halo Hybrid on us. 

• Upvote (+1) 2