CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

So why exactly are there no nametags? Really makes no sense, unless its just for FFA.

They're on Round 2 of the FFA at 11:30pm EST.

i meant to ask if people there were freaking out or yelling or something. is it xbox/mcc related or ugc errors?

So why exactly are there no nametags? Really makes no sense, unless its just for FFA.

Surely just FFA, lol. With that said, there wouldn't be such a risk of people teaming up if the map wasn't so big and you didn't have time to hunt people down before someone starts shooting you.

I thought the HCS would improve the production and organization of these tourneys

I guess I was wrong

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought the HCS would improve the production and organization of these tourneys

I guess I was wrong

5ce668328bacc8d7c507c47ba08f8e55d6cde11d

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can't put the blame of these events on the HCS. The HCS is just the league. 343 doesn't have a lot of power over the people running the tournaments themselves. It might add to the legitimacy of these tournaments and make them mean more in the long run because of points & increased prize money but in terms of production and organization that all falls on the league running the tournament. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Is this a map made by SaLoT? Only reason I can tell is because the guy can't make a map that isn't Midship  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

They're on Round 2 of the FFA at 11:30pm EST.

Even before this event started I thought 4 was kind of late to be starting, without knowing what kind of crap will happen. Sure enough everything happened.

I guess I was wrong

ESL needs to host more of them instead of these smaller companies. I feel like they only don't because they are testing this HCS stuff out before H5 to see if it will be worth their time. Finals will probably be really good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if the FFA did run on time, I'd still much rather there be no FFA event on Friday to make time for Bo5 series instead of Bo3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know it's just FFA but with no nameplates for the players, this map and just in general how poor FFA is in H2A....I'm having trouble staying engaged. I can't imagine anyone who isn't a diehard fan watching this and that is unfortunate.

Good to see all my favorite players made it. Like UGC Player #7.

I think that UGC Player #26 is going to finally break out of his shell tonight and shock everybody.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Even if the FFA did run on time, I'd still much rather there be no FFA event on Friday to make time for Bo5 series instead of Bo3.

I'd rather have both. There is no reason why an ffa on Friday should affect a bo5 tourney running over Saturday and Sunday, if people would get there shit together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been watching the stream for 15 minutes and so far all I've seen was Bravo break down the map Bloodline and 10 minutes of music with a slideshow of sponsors.

At least  :beyond:  was on there

Been watching the stream for 15 minutes and so far all I've seen was Bravo break down the map Bloodline and 10 minutes of music with a slideshow of sponsors.

At least  :beyond:  was on there

I just watched SillyGoose and TranQ's Into the TranQ, the entirety of Into the Trance, Dutchy's new montage, and did plenty of Meph runs in D2 and the next round still hasn't started. The breaks had been getting better each event, what happened. :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So anyone want to give me a run down on what people are complaining about? Haven't kept up with the fourm recenty. I am hearing production value... Also I see the lack of mods. Even though it is almost 2am here.

So anyone want to give me a run down on what people are complaining about? Haven't kept up with the fourm recenty. I am hearing production value... Also I see the lack of mods. Even though it is almost 2am here.

Nothing major really aside from how late they started and how long they are taking. They have multiple stations but are only using one for these ffa's apparently. A lot of small things to nitpick on like breaks in between games, in game audio bugging a few times, sound overall going in and out sometimes, early on the screen was changing colours a few times for a couple seconds. A lot of talk about gtags not being used in the ffa. Just little things a twitch chat would never forget.

From the look of the venue to the stream graphics their production value and quality overall is pretty good. All those small things are pretty much already fixed. Even the larger issues like the downtime should be fixed since they will be using all the stations. Gamertags should be in for the 4v4's as well which was actually one of the main things people were complaining about.

So wait....this tournament is supported by 343 right? They decide to have ffa? Buuuut give us relic instead of midship?

Halo is such a joke now its unreal. 343 the movie, directed by the coen brothers.

• Upvote (+1) 1