CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

We're fully committed to providing a brighter future for competitive Halo, and we really felt that this was the best direction to take the event for anyone who wants a serious chance at a 'career' in eSports.

We're apologise if we've let anyone down with the game switch. If you want a refund on your team-pass or donation, will provide that for you without hassle - just send us an email.

HCS is one of the best things to happen to competitive Halo to date.

Yes, the game may not be everyone's first choice - yet - but a standardized point system that doesn't rely on any single event organizer makes competing and hosting events better for players, developers and organisers. 343 are likely using this as a test-bed for the next generation of games, and we think it's a wise move to make which is why we decided to support it.

We would certainly aim to host a Halo 2 Classic event at some point, however the interest has to be there in order for it to be the right decision to make.

That should make people happy :)

I pre-purchased a team pass for H2C event but didn't bother paying it off because I had no idea if this event was actually going to happen. I'm actually glad I didn't purchase the pass, I'm sure UGC is a great company but theres no knowing how long the refund process could have taken. Normally I try to take care of plane tickets and hotels early and I feel really lucky that I waited.

@@Promethean Zz I think that's a lame neg rep on Aphex. Sure, Halo 2 to Halo 2 Anniversary has a lot of similarities, but also contains A LOT of differences. If someone advertised a tournament, and had a crowd sourced prize pool and players donated to what was advertised, I think they have a right to be upset when it turns out their donation is going to a different game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're fully committed to providing a brighter future for competitive Halo, and we really felt that this was the best direction to take the event for anyone who wants a serious chance at a 'career' in eSports.

We apologise if we've let anyone down with the game switch. If you want a refund on your team-pass or donation, will provide that for you without hassle - just send us an email.

Yes, the game may not be everyone's first choice - yet - but a standardized point system that doesn't rely on any single event organizer makes competing and hosting events better for players, developers and organisers. 343 are likely using this as a test-bed for the next generation of games, and we think it's a wise move to make which is why we decided to support it.

We would certainly aim to host a Halo 2 Classic event at some point, however the interest has to be there in order for it to be the right decision to make.

Love you guys. <3

IMO this is better for the competitive players. 

Everyone needs to take their blinders off and realize this is whats best for the future of competitive halo. This is a one year cycle and we need to start setting the table for Halo 5. We have a developer supporting our competitive community right now...consider this an investment in Halo's future.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So are they actually going to say why it's H2A?

That's pretty much what Halo Championship Series is based off of. It wouldn't make sense for a company to host a tournament for these other games when ESL, Twitch, and 343 are willing to partner with others to create a great event.

Objectively the mechanics in Halo 2 classic create a better competitive environment, but from a business standpoint it's pretty much H2A or lose money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We apologise if we've let anyone down with the game switch. If you want a refund on your team-pass or donation, will provide that for you without hassle - just send us an email.

While it sucks for the people who wanted an H2C tournament. The switch is understandable in my eyes. Props to you guys for willing to provide refunds on not only team passes, but donations as well.

A league needs to step up and do H2C. Perfect chance for a startup league to make a splash

Lol well I suppose you are now technically right now solely because of 343's HCS @@FlipSide

However at the time of the argument it was H2C 

• Upvote (+1) 1

BULLSHIT! I CANCELED MY PLANS FOR THIS EVENT BECAUSE MY TEAM WAS A BUST!!!

crying-waterfalls.gif

"interest has to be there in order for it to be the right decision to make."

H2C players better get them grass roots going.

I'm Pretty disapointed in this. Im spending new years in stl and was really hyped about the h2c event.

Watch as literally ZERO H2C events happen.

Why would they? HCS is a huge step in the right direction and all these nostalgia seekers are trying to ruin it, lol. I love Halo 2 but we haven't even given H2A a chance before dismissing it. JFC

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wish I didnt get this full-time job thats pretty solid.. or i'd love to compete again.. hopefully a small like 5K tourney for points happens in Cbus or even near Pittsburgh.. I guess i'll be using vacation time to attend an event one of these days.

A league needs to step up and do H2C. Perfect chance for a startup league to make a splash

Quinn Delhoyo tweeted at Gandhi and talked about why this wont happen... Dev support.. 343 is unwilling to support a game that wasn't originally theirs.. The reason why HCS is going to succeed. Is because 343 is tied in with Microsoft, so all these tournies will be homepage XB1 and 360.. 

DEV SUPPORT IS LIFE

Just want to notify everyone that passes are still available for purchase and I hope to see the crowd funding bring the prize pool up to 25k. We are nearly there and I'd also like to mention that this tournment will be one of the greatest events Halo has seen yet! Much more to still be announced.