CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Anyone get their team pass? I have mine reserved an am trying to pay it off today but can't log in to their site. Gonna have to try a different browser when I get home from work. Looks like only 4 rosters are on the site.. I don't plan on putting together a roster till MCC drops at least.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I am still confizzled... Is this for Halo 2 (Original) or the Halo 2 Anniversary edition? Really need to know haha sorry everyone!

So I am still confizzled... Is this for Halo 2 (Original) or the Halo 2 Anniversary edition? Really need to know haha sorry everyone!

Original h2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank you!

Yeah, they did a bad job marketing what version to be quite honest.

If you look now their graphics say 'MCC Halo 2 10k' which clarifies. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, they did a bad job marketing what version to be quite honest.

If you look now their graphics say 'MCC Halo 2 10k' which clarifies. 

Thank you as well, it happens to seem like they changed it half way through. 

Thank you as well, it happens to seem like they changed it half way through. 

I think they were a bit confused on what exactly we were getting in the MCC, like some others were. 

It'll be interesting to see the turnout and viewership for a H2C tourney. If it goes well, I hope other TO's look at running H2C and not all flock to H2A just because it has the better graphics. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone get their team pass? I have mine reserved an am trying to pay it off today but can't log in to their site. Gonna have to try a different browser when I get home from work. Looks like only 4 rosters are on the site.. I don't plan on putting together a roster till MCC drops at least.

I was having a problem with their site as well. I got an email for the team builder but was never able to find where to enter the roster at.

I think they were a bit confused on what exactly we were getting in the MCC, like some others were. 

It'll be interesting to see the turnout and viewership for a H2C tourney. If it goes well, I hope other TO's look at running H2C and not all flock to H2A just because it has the better graphics. 

I am hesitant now to the fact that it is not H2A :/ We could of had a Halo 2 tournament years ago. 

I am hesitant now to the fact that it is not H2A :/ We could of had a Halo 2 tournament years ago.

There wasnt this much hype for h2 since 07, I am definitely considering this now that it isnt h2a

The servers got shutdown 4 years ago, without the Live servers it would not be viable to hold a Halo 2 tournament as nobody could practice.  Before then there were tons of Halo 2 tournaments ran by MLG (they did up to 9 or more tournaments a year) as well as local tournaments and LANs.  Then Halo 3 came out and while popular it killed all that Halo hype as the tournaments and LANs dried up and by the time Halo 3 started losing its popularity the Live servers were already planned to be shut down.  We are just hoping to bring back the glory days that was Halo 2, nothing else has matched it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The servers got shutdown 4 years ago, without the Live servers it would not be viable to hold a Halo 2 tournament as nobody could practice. Before then there were tons of Halo 2 tournaments ran by MLG (they did up to 9 or more tournaments a year) as well as local tournaments and LANs. Then Halo 3 came out and while popular it killed all that Halo hype as the tournaments and LANs dried up and by the time Halo 3 started losing its popularity the Live servers were already planned to be shut down. We are just hoping to bring back the glory days that was Halo 2, nothing else has matched it.

Everyone says ... you gotta move past all the old shit and stick with the new and shiny, look at the CounterStrike community...the games have stayed relatively the same aside from graphics and some tweaks and the community is huge and has huge tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As others have said, there was never as much hype as there is now. Plus, we'll be getting H2 back on XBL servers, which allows players to easily practice and scrim without having to get on XBL or Vista. We'll have DEDICATED servers, the ranking system back which actually makes online play a viable practice source if you have no one to scrim.

Also, now that we have all these Halo's on one disc, it will be so simple to run CE 2v2's on some side stations as well, or even H2A/H3 if there's demand for it.

HOW IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE LISTEN-IN?!  That is so cool!  If I was on the mainland I'd be there.  Period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HOW IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE LISTEN-IN?!  That is so cool!  If I was on the mainland I'd be there.  Period.

Its cool but...are they gonna have 100+ headsets for everybody?

Its cool but...are they gonna have 100+ headsets for everybody?

Yes we are, if not more than that.

More details on these will be available later, but we'll try answer any questions in the meantime.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was having a problem with their site as well. I got an email for the team builder but was never able to find where to enter the roster at.

Did we manage to fix it for you? If not, please email us and we'll sort it out.

We're busy rolling out a major site update (the Store and Dashboard have just been updated), so during this time there may be some teething issues and bugs.

We have quite a few announcements and surprises still lined up - especially with the venue plans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes we are, if not more than that.

More details on these will be available later, but we'll try answer any questions in the meantime.

You guys have some great plans, I just hope you don't try to go too big too fast like AGL did wasting their time and resources on stupid things like ring girls and an e-magazine.

Did we manage to fix it for you? If not, please email us and we'll sort it out.

We're busy rolling out a major site update (the Store and Dashboard have just been updated), so during this time there may be some teething issues and bugs.

We have quite a few announcements and surprises still lined up - especially with the venue plans.

Yea I sent a email in and almost instantly got a reply and fixed the problem.

Thanks guys!

It may have been cleared up like 9 times, but can someone confirm for me please

Is this Halo 2 Classic or is this Halo 2 Anniversary. 

Thanks! Really excited and will be attending either way. 

Edit: Sorry, I wanted to be a little more clear.

I understand this is an Xbox one LAN so it will be Master Chief Collection. 

I just want to know which version of Halo 2 will we be playing. Classic from MCC or Anniversary from MCC.