CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

The red one looks sick, I'll be picking up a red one and a blue one this weekend! Does anyone know what the venue is going to be like if I go as a spectator. I don't think I want to compete but I want to check it out.

Regardless of how many teams are interested, UGC probably isn't big enough and the venue probably isn't big enough for more than 64-96 teams.  I understand why they are selling passes early but I think this will lead to lots of random players buying passes that they don't know if they will need, so come event time when they finally have their teams a lot of passes will go unused or be re-sold.  This could be a problem where teams that could have gone won't be able to because passes were re-sold too late and they didn't book their travel stuff because they originally thought they couldn't go.  If UGC releases 32 more passes (and this is their limit for team passes they can sell), they should not be pre-sold passes and should only go on sale for full price after MCC has come out.

I live in St. Louis, and I'm 99% sure I'm going, but I have no idea what my team will be and I don't want to be roped into buying a pass that I may not need that may not be refundable.

We could certainly manage more teams and the venue will hold 700-800 people, but we have some unannounced plans which is why it is going to be restricted.

Indeed we don't expect all the reservations to be be sold as passes so there will likely be a number of passes that get freed up. And that's exactly what will happen if additional passes go on sale - they will be immediately available full-price team passes.

We'll be looking at coordinating the sales and cut-off times in stages to allow for more 'consistent' availability leading up to the release of the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 8

but we have some unannounced plans

H1 2v2 side tourney? Plzplzplzplzplzplz....

UGC got back to me about the shirt/gamertag typo and fixed everything up! This organization is shaping up to be great, I have high expectations for the St. Louis event!

• Upvote (+1) 2

We could certainly manage more teams and the venue will hold 700-800 people, but we have some unannounced plans which is why it is going to be restricted.

Indeed we don't expect all the reservations to be be sold as passes so there will likely be a number of passes that get freed up. And that's exactly what will happen if additional passes go on sale - they will be immediately available full-price team passes.

We'll be looking at coordinating the sales and cut-off times in stages to allow for more 'consistent' availability leading up to the release of the MCC.

What is your policy on refunds for team passes?

H1 2v2 side tourney? Plzplzplzplzplzplz....

UGC got back to me about the shirt/gamertag typo and fixed everything up! This organization is shaping up to be great, I have high expectations for the St. Louis event!

Unless they already have something lined up, I doubt it. I've offered to UGC in the past a couple stations for 2v2's, like 4 set ups, as well as full coverage for the prize money. I've sent various places various proposals.. but I believe I told UGC I'd put up $2,000 for prize money. They weren't interested at the time but they were pretty much the only organization that answered me at least which was nice.

My understanding at that point is that they wanted to focus on one game at a time. Our best bet is there being a station for free play rather than a side tournament.

Trust us when we say it's going to be a fairly unique experience. We have something planned for spectators

that no-one (to our knowledge) has done before.

I know it's not gonna happen for plenty of reasons, but you should allow spectators to bet as if it was a horse race. Get some UGC bookies to take bets for the FFA portions lol.

Trust us when we say it's going to be a fairly unique experience. We have something planned for spectators

that no-one (to our knowledge) has done before.

giphy.gif

But seriously - I'm really excited to hear about this. Sounds like it's going to be really cool.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I live in michigan and I plan on attending the event. Would anyone be interested on me picking them up to save a little bit of money on the trip? If it's on the way I don't mind helping someone out. I know it's a little far away to start planning but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is your policy on refunds for team passes?

We've just added this to the event page, here is how it is going to work:

During pre-registration, all passes are refundable. Once registration closes and full passes go on sale to pre-registrants, the $20 will only be refundable for the first 4 weeks, at which point if you don't buy a team you will lose your $20 pre-reg deposit.

Team passes will be available exclusively to pre-registrants for 8 weeks from the date they go on sale. Once the 8 weeks have passed, any of the 64 passes which are unsold will go on sale to everyone.

Team passes are not refundable unless the event is cancelled.

In summary:

1. Team passes will be exclusively on sale for 8 weeks at $200 each
  2. During the first 4 weeks, you have the option of requesting a refund on the $20 deposit
  3. After the first 4 weeks have passed, the $20 deposit is not refundable
  4. After 8 weeks, any unsold team passes will go on public sale for the full price of $220 until the 64 team quota has been reached

We're anticipating the passes to sell out in the next day or two, and team-passes to go on sale from Monday next week.

• Upvote (+1) 5

UGC is the people/league that we need, but not the one we deserve right now.

( Dark Knight reference btw)

Unless they already have something lined up, I doubt it. I've offered to UGC in the past a couple stations for 2v2's, like 4 set ups, as well as full coverage for the prize money. I've sent various places various proposals.. but I believe I told UGC I'd put up $2,000 for prize money. They weren't interested at the time but they were pretty much the only organization that answered me at least which was nice.

My understanding at that point is that they wanted to focus on one game at a time. Our best bet is there being a station for free play rather than a side tournament.

I know it's not gonna happen for plenty of reasons, but you should allow spectators to bet as if it was a horse race. Get some UGC bookies to take bets for the FFA portions lol.

Wasn't that back before MCC was announced? I see CE 2v2's a much more viable option now as CE will be on the same disc as H2 and will require no extra equipment or discs.

Wasn't that back before MCC was announced? I see CE 2v2's a much more viable option now as CE will be on the same disc as H2 and will require no extra equipment or discs.

Well to be honest, I don't even know the full details on what the event will have. I've heard it's H2 anniversary on Xbox ones, and also heard its classic H2 if the anniversary edition has no LAN support.

If there's LAN support, then yes it would be easier to set up, run, and organize. Then again it also depends on who is running the tournament. Some might feel its easier to have someone else worry about the set up and running it, especially with some free prize money? It's weird cause I'm sure independent tournament organizers would be interested, but actual companies almost never are. Makes sense, why risk your name even though someone else is footing the bill.

I had doubted a Halo CE side tournament because thought they would end up using classic h2, as well as the lack of interest they've expressed whenever Halo CE's been mentioned. If they do it that's cool though, just hope they announce it and feature it rather than have it be in the corner of the room.

Well to be honest, I don't even know the full details on what the event will have. I've heard it's H2 anniversary on Xbox ones, and also heard its classic H2 if the anniversary edition has no LAN support.

It would be safe to assume it's Halo 2 Classic as they have been marketing it as Halo 2 and not Halo 2 Anni tournament. 

I am excited for this if I can't get a team together for this I definitely will make the drive down to spectate on Saturday or Sunday.

UGC:  It would be cool to have like some all-star matches of some sort using all the games on the MCC.

Like a mashup from the best gametypes and maps within each game. 

Would be awesome to watch!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be safe to assume it's Halo 2 Classic as they have been marketing it as Halo 2 and not Halo 2 Anni tournament. 

That's actually what I was led to believe, but had to think about it again once Sam mentioned the fact that we will be able to LAN multiple games on just one set-up. I might have taken that out of context though, and he was just stating that in general for the future rather than this specific event.

UGC:  It would be cool to have like some all-star matches of some sort using all the games on the MCC.

Like a mashup from the best gametypes and maps within each game. 

Would be awesome to watch!!!

Would be neat to see like Og1, Og2, Walshy, and some other H1/H2 pro as their 4th play against 4 newer pros like Formal, Ace, Pistola, Snipedown or some combination like that and play like 2 MLG gametypes each from H1, 2, 3, and 4 and see who would win the most games.

• Upvote (+1) 1