CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Ryanoob might be the least likable Halo player I've ever seen.

Apart from how arrogant he comes across in forum posts I do like him. Gotta respect his downloads and the way he thinks about the game.

At least bravos ashamed of mcc's problems. @@Deez.

Hard to be ashamed of something you didn't work on

My thoughts of the tournament thus far.

1. Goldenboy is the weakest caster. I've given him a chance, but I just don't like his style. He doesn't have much game knowledge, and a lot of things he says are just plain wrong. I understand he has connections, but I feel like we could have much stronger casters for the finals.
  2. There needs to be more listen-ins + pros commentating. They know the game better than anybody. They're the personalities we are here to watch.
  3. Stream quality (actual quality, downtime, etc) have to improve. Ads are fine, but have something else in between. I actually liked the interviews from the last tournament. More pro interviews, please. Try to get one after each mainstage match.
  4. Maven did outstanding. Very surprising to me.
  5. Denial, my boys! Surprised (not too surprised), and so proud.

I don't really mind Goldenboy like some people seem to. I do think he would be better as a host than a castor though, like Clutch was doing for the invitational. I really enjoyed Goldenboy at Gamescom and Pax, he seems a little off his game now though I will admit.

i wish ctf and bomb were 10 min games 20 with ot, instead of 15 with 30 total with ot. It might just be me but i feel these games are too long. 

EDIT: The Rock could smell what Denial was cooking. Congrats.

i wish ctf and bomb were 10 min games 20 with ot, instead of 15 with 30 total with ot. It might just be me but i feel these games are too long. 

they are too long, and it causes these tournies to be that much longer

• Upvote (+1) 1

People give Goldenboy a lot of shit - much of it unneeded in my honest opinion. I think where he struggles is when he gets paired with a Bravo or a Maven. Goldenboy is a play by play commentator and pairing with him another play by play commentator - besides not making sense - makes the job of both casters difficult because they are both trying to do the same job at once. Goldenboy has done great when paired with Walshy or when he was paired with Ryanoob because he can do the play by play and bounce questions off his analyst to bring into the discussion. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Really happy for Mikwen winning his first event. MVP should go to Ryanoob. He is the x-factor when it comes to getting the underdog type team to take that next step and win an event.

• Upvote (+1) 1