CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

I am speaking of the Spec Mode that is going to be included, the ranking system that provides leaderboards.

The game mechanics is another discussion that is currently happening.

It isn't a discussion that is happening. 343i has literally come out and said we are intentionally including horrendous mechanics in our game and those will not change.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Continue running online tournaments (maybe up the prizes), postpone LAN events until the game is stable enough to be run at an event.

The amount of restarts and downtime between matches does nothing to help increase the viewership of Halo.

I wholeheartedly disagree. It may not be classic Halo but it has the tools to succeed as an eSport.

Feel free to disagree, but you're wrong.

We have a better chance trying to fix and grow this game. Waiting for a game that is going to be terrible isn't a viable option. We finally have something that could be workable with changes, and people are wanting to wait for a game made from scratch by 343i, a company that clearly doesn't want the same Halo as us? Really?

Haha did you know he learned to do that himself in high school? Found out the other day too he ain't a midget either he just has a condition that stops his bones healing properly. The name escapes me tho.

Woah, I wonder if the actress who played Laura Palmer had to be taught or if she already knew. 

They need to stop doing these fly-thrus if they're just going to stop mid video

I got a question:

Do problems like this happen with AW tournies on the XB1? I need to know weather it's the XB1 or MCC so I know weather it's OK to post 343bola in the chat.

I've yet to see any issues like we have at IG or this event in AW tournaments. I know MLG has a bunch of gamertags set aside for important teams (ex: Scump US, Crimsix US, etc) and other players have to sign into their XBL accounts.

Maybe MLG just doesn't screw around on network infrastructure.

I still cant fathom how there is no Source quality. There was on friday, wtf happened? High looks so shitty for a game like Halo.

A much much better idea for these fly through videos would be to fly through the map and then record both teams "spawning in" and then cut to someone's POV.

So you have the same video twice. One with red team spawning, the other with blue team spawning. Figure out who's POV you're gonna start with. As soon as you see the 4 players spawn in the video you switch to a POV.

Would be a lot more fluid and interesting.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Get home from the Sens game and expect to watch past broadcast of everything I missed, but twitch will only let me watch it in source which my internet can't handle. Great.... gonna have to just skip everything and watch whatever is on now.

Bravo doesn't look excited at all

GB makes a water joke and he literally sat there like :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Naded was the best then he would've been picked up by the best team and won an event by now.

Not saying Naded is the greatest halo player alive, although I do think he is one of the bst. but he was actually on the CLG squad but was replaced by Heinz, and he was on the EG team but Lunchbox decided to come back so they had to pick him up to play with Roy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would be interested to know how many are still playing the H5 beta, my estimate is that between MCC and H5 beta its like 50k-60k concurrent or around that number.

Halo will never be the number 1 NA e-sport again, not even on console. That is why its important H5 is at least a comp game with some integrity(doubtful right now) people want to play or people will just be too embarrassed to be Halo players anymore and jump ship. H5 has to be the rallying cry for the comp Halo community and so far I dont see that happening when its quite obviously trying too hard to appeal to another audience.

I agree 100%. There is a core audience/population for Halo and it's us. 343i consistently ignores the community, attempting to appeal to the fan bases of other games. The problem is that if a Call of Duty player wants to play something like Call of Duty, they'll buy the new Call of Duty. At best, those people will buy the used copy of the new Halo, probably the one we all returned if we continue to be ignored. They don't seem to realize that it makes more sense to build around the community they have rather than making something that appeals to no one. 343 just needs to make a really good, traditional Halo game to bring back that core community and professional players. That would make the tournaments more competitive and fun to watch, which might entice a new player to try it. If the game looks boring, new players will not join in.

Can't believe I'm rooting a team with ryanoob to win an event. I don't want CLG to win and I've always respected Ryan as a player, just not his views on halo itself. Chig is raping and I've always enjoyed watching him play. Cloud is a former champion and robot imo and mikwen is one of the most underrated players in the league.

BEAT CLG BEAT CLG BEAT CLG

"they are barely going to take game 3"....the score is 180-70?

Can't believe I'm rooting a team with ryanoob to win an event. I don't want CLG to win and I've always respected Ryan as a player, just not his views on halo itself. Chig is raping and I've always enjoyed watching him play. Cloud is a former champion and robot imo and mikwen is one of the most underrated players in the league.

BEAT CLG BEAT CLG BEAT CLG

What's so bad about CLG? Is it that they beat EG last time?