CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Oh, not that far...I may actually go this time !!! ( 2 hr flight isnt bad) 

w000t

The tweet does specify Halo 2 Anniversary, so with that having access to only 6 maps (a few of which may be too large for 4v4) I get the feeling that this will be more of an exhibition event than a full fleshed out competition.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Here's to hoping so. I want this event to blow the doors off the walls. Anybody hear from them?

Really? Jesus. Well I know for sure if the optic name is there, stream numbers will be a lot higher that before. That does not even include the dedicated Halo fans who already are hyped about events that will be watching.

Very glad to see that someone is hopping on this hype train early. Would be cool if they played those classic H2 lans for 360 early to build hype. Either way, I'm going to try to go! Thanks UGC!

9 hour drive sounds reasonable. Need to know my Holiday plans first though. Regardless, can't wait!

Hopefully CE 2 v 2 gets a shot. This community isint at the size/stability to where it can only rely on 4 v 4, we should know that after the last few years. Hell, even throw in some H3 as a minor tourney. We have all games on 1 disc, silly to streamline the community into 1 game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The tweet does specify Halo 2 Anniversary, so with that having access to only 6 maps (a few of which may be too large for 4v4) I get the feeling that this will be more of an exhibition event than a full fleshed out competition.

They are not using the retextured maps... They mean the H2 engine will be used. 

2014 is the year of Halo

Missouri is a ways away from me but depending on the dates I'll see what I can make happen :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this is in STL I will be attending if I'm not doing anything that weekend.

Glad to see everyone getting excited to play again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Either people aren't very smart or they are taking the wording way too literally.  When UGC said Halo 2 Anniversary they clearly meant Halo 2 at 60FPS and 1080p as included with the Master Chief Collection, with or without the 6 remade maps.  If any of the 6 maps are competitive, like Midship for example, I don't see why we wouldn't use them over the classic versions.  The engine should be exactly the same just better graphics, so physics and glitches shouldn't be any different than default Halo 2, but we will have to wait and see when it comes out.  Also when they said they were having a Halo 2 LAN before the tournament/release of MCC they clearly meant original Halo 2 on the Xbox probably running on Xbox 360s.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Either people aren't very smart or they are taking the wording way too literally.  When UGC said Halo 2 Anniversary they clearly meant Halo 2 at 60FPS and 1080p as included with the Master Chief Collection, with or without the 6 remade maps.  If any of the 6 maps are competitive, like Midship for example, I don't see why we wouldn't use them over the classic versions.  The engine should be exactly the same just better graphics, so physics and glitches shouldn't be any different than default Halo 2, but we will have to wait and see when it comes out.  Also when they said they were having a Halo 2 LAN before the tournament/release of MCC they clearly meant original Halo 2 on the Xbox probably running on Xbox 360s.

I'm pretty certain the H2A maps are on a new engine and not on the original H2 Engine.

But, I agree, I think it was pretty obvious it will be OG H2 how it was before. Doubt they use the H2A maps though.

I'm pretty certain the H2A maps are on a new engine and not on the original H2 Engine.

But, I agree, I think it was pretty obvious it will be OG H2 how it was before. Doubt they use the H2A maps though.

Have they said?  I assumed they were just remade in the same graphical style as H2 Anniversary's campaign.  In H1 Anniversary campaign, everything worked the same as normal you could just switch the graphics options so all of the glitches still worked so it should be the same for the H2A maps.  No reason for them to modify or make a new engine.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They were just confused. They said they will be using H2 Classic and not H2a.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Have they said?  I assumed they were just remade in the same graphical style as H2 Anniversary's campaign.  In H1 Anniversary campaign, everything worked the same as normal you could just switch the graphics options so all of the glitches still worked so it should be the same for the H2A maps.  No reason for them to modify or make a new engine.

ya, the 6 remastered h2 maps are on a new engine.

I feel like they wouldn't announce this if they weren't sure of LAN possibilities in the game

That's beside the point though, so much hype!

The glitches should still work, but they redid it on a new engine. So the H2A maps will be like H2 but not completely like H2. So we'll see how it turns out. I still say best bet is original engine, original maps.

They did just say the new maps are on a different engine and the combos won't work.  I wonder if the engine would be like H2 without all the glitches or closer to H4?  The new maps are probably unusable then in tournaments except if it was a multigame tournament

H2A MP will be reminiscent of H2 MP. (It's what they showed on stage at E3) Don't expect it to be a reskinned H2 MP though. We will just have to settle (lol settle, yeah ok) on H2 classic MP at 1080p 60fps. Who knows, maybe the H2A MP will turn out great, but with only 6 maps total its hard to see it becoming a viable option.

I merged all the UGC threads into a mega thread for discussion, will update the OP with rosters once announced.

Good to finally a legitimate tournament starting up quickly upon the release of the MCC. Should be an awesome event!

• Upvote (+1) 1