CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

I'll be rooting for EG but with the recent roster change I think either C9 or CLG will take this tournament.

I'm glad the ffa has prizes. I use to love watching them back in h2. Hopefully a bunch of the pros play in it now and not just people with no points looking for seeding.

"XiT Woundz Rippon HCE, Ix N1ghtFuRy xI, Frosty Frakes, Xoilx"

XiT Woundz was sick back in the day. Anyone recognize any of the teams players?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I think EG with Lethul will be just as good or better than they were with Pistola once they work out the kinks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Link to team list?

I'm glad the ffa has prizes. I use to love watching them back in h2. Hopefully a bunch of the pros play in it now and not just people with no points looking for seeding.

There needs to be a reason to take the time to play it. If the moneys there, i'm sure there would be pros trying to win that 1st place prize money.

Only Rippon (if its him).. I don't recognize the others. Nor do I believe Rippon was on the original XiT but I may be wrong.. its been years.. IDK its not XiT to me if Itwasluck and Bonfire aren't on the team lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like Cloud 9 has a really good shot. They've been winning a lot of PGLs (50-0) against other pro teams and they also won the most recent online HCS event. I'd say they've improved since the last tourney based off all these online stats. But online is online so who knows.

I feel like Cloud 9 has a really good shot. They've been winning a lot of PGLs (50-0) against other pro teams and they also won the most recent online HCS event. I'd say they've improved since the last tourney based off all these online stats. But online is online so who knows.

It's not the real rippon

It's some kid who's GT is 'Chris is Rippon' or something like that

Only Rippon (if its him).. I don't recognize the others. Nor do I believe Rippon was on the original XiT but I may be wrong.. its been years.. IDK its not XiT to me if Itwasluck and Bonfire aren't on the team lol

Haha true that man. Itwasluck was crazy.

Looks around 80+ teams on the list. Pretty decent, hope it's a good tournament! I'll be checking in and trolling away in chat at some point Kappa

Haha true that man. Itwasluck was crazy.

Bonfire was better, Luck just had 6 montages. 

You are absolutely right, they're 10x more comfortable with each other now and are communicating a lot better. But events aren't about how much better a team is, they could place worse (<4th) at St. Louis. Whoever is at the top of their game on Saturday/Sunday will be placing the highest. Looking at all 4 of those players track records though, they've always stepped up in the big moments. If they are on fire I could see them taking this event. 

Cloud 9 definitely looks pretty solid. You could argue that they will perform better on LAN too, with their experience and previous track record. For instance, victory wasn't looking too good before Cbus online but at the event he was destroying and was second best on c9 only behind hysteria imo. They are definite contenders for first.

Bonfire was better, Luck just had 6 montages.

You are absolutely right, they're 10x more comfortable with each other now and are communicating a lot better. But events aren't about how much better a team is, they could place worse (<4th) at St. Louis. Whoever is at the top of their game on Saturday/Sunday will be placing the highest. Looking at all 4 of those players track records though, they've always stepped up in the big moments. If they are on fire I could see them taking this event.

Samurai was better than both Bon and luck

• Upvote (+1) 1