CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Just bought the pre-reg pass for this tournament. I'll support any company that seems to have their shit together & truly wants to support Halo.

Next thing to do is find some teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hope theres a good turnout and LAN is sorted out well before this tournament. Xbox one lan is pretty bad as is. Wondering how the situation with names will work too, its pretty important to the viewer experience. 

How do you know its going to be in stl ? that would be dope if it was cause i live there.

a7c3286c82.png

Hell yeah i'll be there forsure then.

will someone plz bump this when the date is announced? 

would rather spend 250 on a plane tix than 500

got my pre-registration pass, pumped for this. Hopefully we can blow the doors off with attendance. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do they know this won't interfere with other tournaments in the future? 

It is so hard to tell how many teams will go.

I wish events like this happened around where I lived. I would love to play in the FFAs

I might have to go to a Chicago LAN if they have one, the hype train is in full force. I am hearing from my Halo friends who quit after H2 or H3 that they are buying XB1's and coming back for the MCC.

The speculation about potential teams/scrims will be endlessly entertaining, I cant wait for all the oldschool legends to come back and show these youngin's whats up!  ;)    :walshy:

I live in North Carolina.....Don't give a fuck. Getting a pass. #WeBack

See everybody there. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No thanks.

WE BACK ! 

Anyone know where is it happening ?

Apparently Saint Louis.

A 10k tournament announced 5 months before the game releases!  I have a feeling late 2014-2015 is going to be great for tournaments!

If this tournament is for Halo 2 Anniversary then doesn't that mean they can only use the 6 re-made maps for the tourny?

If this tournament is for Halo 2 Anniversary then doesn't that mean they can only use the 6 re-made maps for the tourny?

No, they will use the buffed up Halo 2 graphic maps, with probably the same settings MLG used in 2007. 

No, they will use the buffed up Halo 2 graphic maps, with probably the same settings MLG used in 2007. 

I assume you mean the classic maps, just with 1080p and 60fps. Only 6 maps are getting retextured.

Yeah, I'm excited for this tournament and all but I've noticed Gandhi is often extremely misinformed when it comes to Halo news. I wouldn't be surprised if he thought all of the Halo 2 maps were being remade.

Regardless, I'd be happy if we just used the Classic maps regardless.

Also:

CE 2v2s

H2 4v4s

H2A Midship FFA

• Upvote (+1) 2

I assume you mean the classic maps, just with 1080p and 60fps. Only 6 maps are getting retextured.

Yeah, I'm excited for this tournament and all but I've noticed Gandhi is often extremely misinformed when it comes to Halo news. I wouldn't be surprised if he thought all of the Halo 2 maps were being remade.

Regardless, I'd be happy if we just used the Classic maps regardless.

Also:

CE 2v2s

H2 4v4s

H2A Midship FFA

We have to use the classic maps there are only 6 remastered and one is well you know ascension 

No thanks.

WE BACK ! 

Anyone know where is it happening ?

As far as I've seen Iron Gaming has great stages... Why not have them help with that part? Food for thought what if Iron Gaming combine with UGC, but UGC did most of the work? IIRC they have better track record with players and is more trusted. I am kinda thinking Iron Gaming should combine with UGC. Become one big company. Let Iron Gaming do all of the stage work and UCG for the payouts and management of twitter, etc. 

Also this should be very interesting to watch. Can't wait for the streams

• Downvote (-1) 4

As far as I've seen Iron Gaming has great stages... Why not have them help with that part. Let UGC do the payouts. I am kinda thinking Iron Gaming should combine with UGC. Become one big company. Let Iron Gaming do all of the stage work and UCG for the payouts and management of twitter, etc. 

mdS54jL.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6