CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Not sure if sarcastic or not. Assuming it's not. Pretty good turnout especially as a bunch of teams will most likely sign up last minute. Hopefully the stream goes smooth for UGC.

What was the biggest AGL event? 64teams?

I think 96 teams would be a solid bracket.

What was the biggest AGL event? 64teams?

I think 96 teams would be a solid bracket.

For sure. Still hoping 343 can advertise it a bit more. 

Let's just hope they change the FFA map, the Simplex remake is garbage. The H4 Simplex would be even better. But if they want to use a Midship clone so badly, why won't they just use APK's midship remake.. :/

Although my vote would go to an asym that has similiar amounts of short and long LoS like Midship for FFA though, that would be so much more entertaining to watch.

Not sure if sarcastic or not. Assuming it's not. Pretty good turnout especially as a bunch of teams will most likely sign up last minute. Hopefully the stream goes smooth for UGC.

not sarcastic. didnt ig columbus only have like 30 teams or something? and i think even agl 8 didnt have 80 teams

not sarcastic. didnt ig columbus only have like 30 teams or something? and i think even agl 8 didnt have 80 teams

IG had like 40-41 teams I think. 

Yeah it's a good step forward but for a big league like this being supported by 343, we should be seeing 100+ teams. 

IG had 41 teams. The largest AGL was around 64-70, I believe it was AGL6 Nashville? 

Anyways, 80 (and rising) is the most Halo has had in over 2 years for a LAN event. I think IG suffered because a lot of people were either still in School or had finals. UGC won't have that problem.

Recent events make me realize how amazing of an event Columbus 2011 was. 220+ teams with a dying game, and we knocked that event out of the park. Such an amazing tournament.

My biggest Halo regret is in being unable to go to that event, during the last Halo game I really super loved.

IG had like 40-41 teams I think. 

Yeah it's a good step forward but for a big league like this being supported by 343, we should be seeing 100+ teams. 

Competitive Halo has been out of the limelight for some time and it will take a while for it to develop. UGC having a turnout like this is great and most of the events are planned for 64 team brackets. 

It's building little by little which is a great thing. :D

• Upvote (+1) 5

Recent events make me realize how amazing of an event Columbus 2011 was. 220+ teams with a dying game, and we knocked that event out of the park. Such an amazing tournament.

My biggest Halo regret is in being unable to go to that event, during the last Halo game I really super loved.

To be fair, a large portion of that turn out came because of the belief that if we sold out the venue (which we did) that Halo would stay on the circuit

Can't think of why people thought that though...

Let's just hope they change the FFA map, the Simplex remake is garbage. The H4 Simplex would be even better. But if they want to use a Midship clone so badly, why won't they just use APK's midship remake.. :/

Although my vote would go to an asym that has similiar amounts of short and long LoS like Midship for FFA though, that would be so much more entertaining to watch.

Can you post pictures?  I liked Midship and think it is the best pick for H2A competitive.

What was that weird map Ninja played on stream the other night? Anyone know? He played two weird ones and Narrows with the kids that won his contest. I think the maps were by one of them? One looked okay and Ninja said something about wanting it for FFA. Anyone know?

Can you post pictures? I liked Midship and think it is the best pick for H2A competitive.

What was that weird map Ninja played on stream the other night? Anyone know? He played two weird ones and Narrows with the kids that won his contest. I think the maps were by one of them? One looked okay and Ninja said something about wanting it for FFA. Anyone know?

You can find APK's midship on youtube if you search for his youtube channel which is 'a polish korean'.

The narrows map you are talking about is Select by SecretSchnitzel I believe.

People need to remember, that even with 343's support, we're still building this shit from the ground up again. It's gonna be a bit easier considering technology has come a long way since the early 2000s, but IG Columbus was only the beginning.

Are there still team passes available? I wasn't sure and can't seem to find it on the site.

As of right now Team Passes are sold out.

Sparkle Motion still needs 1 for St. Louis. We have a pass and place to stay in STL for free. Placed top 32 in the last cup losing 2-1 for top 16. Hit me up on twitter for an immediate response @nickhobbes or on xbl: nick hobbes

• Upvote (+1) 2