CyReN

UGC St. Louis Discussion

Quinn Delhoyo tweeted at Gandhi and talked about why this wont happen... Dev support.. 343 is unwilling to support a game that wasn't originally theirs.. The reason why HCS is going to succeed. Is because 343 is tied in with Microsoft, so all these tournies will be homepage XB1 and 360.. 

DEV SUPPORT IS LIFE

Seems wrong to me to play a less competitive game with only 3 maps for tournaments just because it's "new".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems wrong to me to play a less competitive game with only 3 maps for tournaments just because it's "new".

It definitely works against it, which makes me wonder how they didn't see this coming. If 343 indeed planned the HCS like they are claiming, they must have realized that only 3-4 competitive maps will get super old super quick. 

Now, Forge is a handy solution, but players shouldn't have to rely on community map creators to buff up the map pool. Games like Starcraft utilize people like this to keep the map rotation fresh, but that's not only because SC has a great map editor, but also its alongside Blizzard who continues to make maps themselves. 

We're fully committed to providing a brighter future for competitive Halo, and we really felt that this was the best direction to take the event for anyone who wants a serious chance at a 'career' in eSports.

We apologise if we've let anyone down with the game switch. If you want a refund on your team-pass or donation, will provide that for you without hassle - just send us an email.

HCS is one of the best things to happen to competitive Halo to date.

Yes, the game may not be everyone's first choice - yet - but a standardized point system that doesn't rely on any single event organizer makes competing and hosting events better for players, developers and organisers. 343 are likely using this as a test-bed for the next generation of games, and we think it's a wise move to make which is why we decided to support it.

We would certainly aim to host a Halo 2 Classic event at some point, however the interest has to be there in order for it to be the right decision to make.

I called this

Just want to notify everyone that passes are still available for purchase and I hope to see the crowd funding bring the prize pool up to 25k. We are nearly there and I'd also like to mention that this tournment will be one of the greatest events Halo has seen yet! Much more to still be announced.

I live very close to where UGC is located. I will be going for sure. It is going to be a blast. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

They just announced top 16 payout. Dont know how that will be split, but I'm sure the bottom teams will probably just get enough to get team pass paid for.

Not sure if UGC has announced this yet...but I watched a podcast with Walshy where he announced he was going to be casting at UGC!  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if UGC has announced this yet...but I watched a podcast with Walshy where he announced he was going to be casting at UGC!  :walshy:

Thanks for listening! aha. That is true, looking forward to seeing that!

Thanks for listening! aha. That is true, looking forward to seeing that!

Any idea on who else is casting UGC?

Any idea on who else is casting UGC?

Some ideas, Dave wouldnt confirm. So just rumours for now. Will have to wait and see.

Anyone know what the FFA settings are going to be or what map/ maps it will be played on?

Thanks guys.

I definitely agree, all of these #HCS events are going to be a lot of fun.

Does anyone know what the confirmed personality lineup is for the UGC event?

Anyone know what the FFA settings are going to be or what map/ maps it will be played on?

Thanks guys.

I'm guessing Warlock.

I have been to pretty much every UGC tourny and they were small then,but really fun!! So this going to be epic. See you all there

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They need to sell more passes! Anyone who bought a pass and not going anymore please talk to me! I'll buy it from you

Did you see this or have they sold out of the additional ones already?

Do you have a link for this, I can't find anything about it?

Might have gotten them mixed up with UMG.

EDIT: 

Yeah, oops.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Might have gotten them mixed up with UMG.

EDIT: 

Yeah, oops.

I think that is a CoD event is it not? With the 2 tourneys left to be announced in HCS I guess it's possible that UMG might host one like they did in Halo 4, but I don't think they will considering they took MCC off their website.