Volvex

By

DG Intensity

Download Link: Link

ugcuserfile-c7816c7b-9579-4832-8b6c-6d91

Brief description:

Volvex is an asymmetrical map inspired by the famous map Sanctuary. Although Volvex is asymmetrical it has many symmetrical traits, for example, each team has a courtyard, red and blue base are similar in design as well as some other minor similarities. Due to these similarities the map feels symmetrical but is still noticeably asymmetrical. For the most part the structure of the map is finished and all that is left to do is test and find bugs and things that need to be changed. I have only tested koth on this map and it plays pretty well but I have yet to try any other gametypes. All feedback would be much appreciated and any ideas, suggestions and opinions regarding the map are welcome.

Supported Gametypes:

Capture the Flag

King of the Hill

Slayer

Oddball

Weapons on map:

BR x6 10s

DMR x2 10s

Frag Grenade x4 30s

Rockets x1 176s

Sniper x2 116s

Needler x1 90s

Screenshots:

ugcuserfile-2acda720-6461-4126-b74a-a473

ugcuserfile-fa834577-0fb5-4c11-8ff0-ab63

ugcuserfile-402265ae-7944-4d00-90a3-452f

ugcuserfile-39c6cb98-b9d5-4a3d-9489-406d

ugcuserfile-7feec172-311b-4e75-a499-08d3

Once again, all feedback is appreciated smile.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what I can see here it looks really good, though it would help if you added an overview...

From what I can see here it looks really good, though it would help if you added an overview...

it has recently been updated and after I get a couple of games on the updated version I will post up some more pics

Volvex has recently undergone a large amount of changes for the better and has also been renamed to Plexus. Screenshots will be uploaded soon but here is a list of the changes for now:

- Moved gold closer to blue side (it is now lined up with the centre of the middle structure)

- Gold is now slightly larger

- There is no longer a bottom gold area

- There is now a bottom middle

- Rockets no longer spawn in the hill, they now spawn bottom middle 

- blue base is slightly larger with more protected spawns

- Red courtyard is slightly redesigned

- More hard routes to top middle 

- Top middle is now more open and slightly redesigned 

- Blue initial spawns are moved

Heres the new DL: Link

Looks cool, I might have to grab an overhead image and edit that for the spawns. Can't wait to try this out XD

Looks cool, I might have to grab an overhead image and edit that for the spawns. Can't wait to try this out XD

I can upload an overhead shot but I dunno how people blackout everything except the map if you know what I mean

I can upload an overhead shot but I dunno how people blackout everything except the map if you know what I mean

I use paint for that :p

microsoft paint?

Cause im on a mac

Apple Paint then? XD hahahahaha, seriously though, I'm sure someone would be willing to help ya out on here, just post the image and ask :)

Apple Paint then? XD hahahahaha, seriously though, I'm sure someone would be willing to help ya out on here, just post the image and ask :)

yeah i could do it, takes like 5min.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah i could do it, takes like 5min.

Thanks for steppin up! This is why I love this section XD

Thanks again dude!

Lol, I had to change the name of the map for that reason! I will be on later too, probably testing maps

I'm gonna be doin some testing as well, specifically the ones that will be tested tomorrow on stream. Send me a message if you wanna run some FFA or 4v4s if we get enough people.

Sorry guys that version had a kill boundary protruding into the map. Hers the fixed version: Link

haha it was a very convenient kill boundary...