Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

ASTRO Gaming Partner With 343 Industries

Dont they already have a headset called 4 Shot?

It was never necessarily a "Halo Branded" headset, its just was polk audio ended up calling it as far as we know

It was never necessarily a "Halo Branded" headset, its just was polk audio ended up calling it as far as we know

Its just as obvious as calling it Midship or 2 On My X Headset.

Good for 343

I'm not a fan of Astro's Gaming headsets, the mix amp is the only thing worth buying. Could this mean a possible tournament at launch????

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic quick question what other head sets work with the a40 mix amp

Off topic quick question what other head sets work with the a40 mix amp

Siberia v2's work with them, but you need a special cord.

BTW, love my 2012 Astro A40's best gaming investment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My A40 headset broke but the Mix amp still works 

sigh

They are making headsets for Halo. Not sponsoring the Halo style LCS all the esports championship MLG tournament, live on MLG.tv sponsored by Monster energy drink.

I'm not too sure if this is any hint they're doing this for competitive gaming.

I still believe that 343i doesn't get it. 343i has hyped up me up before with ZBNS and false promises/statements. I'll just keep waiting for E3.

@@Knox

Siberia v2's work with them, but you need a special cord.

BTW, love my 2012 Astro A40's best gaming investment.

By special cord he means a 2 female to male cord. 1 female port(or what ever you call it) is for audio and the other female port is for your mic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just glad Microsoft ditched Tritton as the official branded Halo headset manufacturer. The Halo 4 headsets were an absolute sham.  I purchased the Tritton Detonator Halo headset at the time Halo 4 launched, and it was the worst piece of flimsy crap I've ever used. It cost £60, yet it was plastic, uncomfortable, the mic didn't work properly, there was too much soggy bass and there was almost nothing of anything else, it all sounded like listening to some Apple ipod earphones through a toilet roll tube. I got a refund and paid only £25 more for Sennheiser PC350s. Even the old Turtle Beach X1s from 2007~ were considerably better and half the price of the Detonators.

On a side note, everyone that I know that has bought Astro A40s has had a faulty cable that made their voice output cut out or no nuts when the cable is moved, or rattling in one of the cans. I think the newer series are better, but the best thing about the 2008-2010 A40s was the versatile mixamp you got. From my experience, the build quality left something to be desired, although their warranty claims procedure seems very good because everyone got replacement cables.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm just glad Microsoft ditched Tritton as the official branded Halo headset manufacturer. The Halo 4 headsets were an absolute sham.  I purchased the Tritton Detonator Halo headset at the time Halo 4 launched, and it was the worst piece of flimsy crap I've ever used. It cost £60, yet it was plastic, uncomfortable, the mic didn't work properly, there was too much soggy bass and there was almost nothing of anything else, it all sounded like listening to some Apple ipod earphones through a toilet roll tube. I got a refund and paid only £25 more for Sennheiser PC350s. Even the old Turtle Beach X1s from 2007~ were considerably better and half the price of the Detonators.

On a side note, everyone that I know that has bought Astro A40s has had a faulty cable that made their voice output cut out or no nuts when the cable is moved, or rattling in one of the cans. I think the newer series are better, but the best thing about the 2008-2010 A40s was the versatile mixamp you got. From my experience, the build quality left something to be desired, although their warranty claims procedure seems very good because everyone got replacement cables.

Yeah, just replaced the main console cable (One connecting to the headset) through warranty. It got to their HQ in about 2 days, and got back to me in 2 days. Still feel money well spent. Their customer service is amazing (And hey, Xena sold me the headset at PAX haha)

Halo 2 Anniversary headset confirmed. 

Auto-buy, I love my 2012 A40's but eff it, I WILL buy them if they come out.

No you don't. lol

-Hires Pros

-Hires Reputable Ranking System God

-Creates a deal with Astro Headsets

-H5 has Bloom, Sprint, ADS, and Killstreaks 

So happy about this. 343 has been building my confidence back up over the past year, and a partnership with Turtle Beach would have completely shattered that, i'd have been back to 0. 

-Hires Pros

-Hires Reputable Ranking System God

-Creates a deal with Astro Headsets

-H5 has Bloom, Sprint, ADS, and Killstreaks 

who is the reputable ranking system god?

who is the reputable ranking system god?

That's probably a bit extreme, but he is referring to Josh Menke. He worked on the ranks for Starcraft and I believe the league play for Black Ops 2. Now under 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's probably a bit extreme, but he is referring to Josh Menke. He worked on the ranks for Starcraft and I believe the league play for Black Ops 2. Now under 343i.

ah ok thanks :)  im out of the loop with the halo series, haven't been following hires or anything before the speculation of H2a

This is very interesting! Can't wait to see what big things they do together!