Cypher

created by Zandril S312

xkLInEh.jpg

lrcnqGo.png

Cypher is an asymmetric, competitive map designed for 2v2 games. It's been inspired by Sovereign, Noro, Titan, and Haven.

POWER WEAPONS
-Sniper Rifle | 90s respawn | 0 spare clips | Doesn't spawn at start
-Concussion Rifle | 120s respawn | 0 spare clips | Doesn't at start

cnQonHh.jpg

8iKt5iY.jpg

The map has a fairly interesting design. Action is spread throughout the map because players are encouraged to move around instead of staying in one spot.

No area is too strong because of the many flanking routes offered to players.

oDH5u0Y.jpg

oRvzbNh.jpg

The strongest position in the map is top blue. However, it's not too strong because it's very open and there are two positions in the map that can counter it quite well.

Top blue can be countered from afar by top red and enemy players can push up using top Gold.

DEcxTnl.jpg

Don't fall in the acid.

czN1kej.png

Many thanks to those who've helped with the map.
-Not Auburn
-SecretSchnitzel
-TheElderBadkid
-Psychoduck
-Orzium
-guy mandude66
-UnknownEmerald
-Bibzy95
-HAL0 M4N
-OminousShark

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm quite fond of the layout and aesthetic theme. There's a good mix of of interesting routes, breaks and jumps to make each encounter different. However, with Sprint (the bane of all maps), I also feel like it'd be easy to run into cover. The LOS seemed a bit congested in the bottom left area near the lift. Would have been an incredible map in CE or even Anniversary where you could punish them quickly for poking their heads out, but in H4 I might encounter a lot of head glitch gameplay, which will hold it back IMO. I think this map would play Extraction best because of how the different areas require different positioning. Have you set it up for it yet? 

You can at least do something about the lift up to top blue though. It's very easy to get stuck on it. Also noticed the trait zone on one of the rock ramps out of the acid was a bit too high on the rock, but I understand if you wanted it that way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm quite fond of the layout and aesthetic theme. There's a good mix of of interesting routes, breaks and jumps to make each encounter different. However, with Sprint (the bane of all maps), I also feel like it'd be easy to run into cover. The LOS seemed a bit congested in the bottom left area near the lift. Would have been an incredible map in CE or even Anniversary where you could punish them quickly for poking their heads out, but in H4 I might encounter a lot of head glitch gameplay, which will hold it back IMO. I think this map would play Extraction best because of how the different areas require different positioning. Have you set it up for it yet? 

You can at least do something about the lift up to top blue though. It's very easy to get stuck on it. Also noticed the trait zone on one of the rock ramps out of the acid was a bit too high on the rock, but I understand if you wanted it that way.

Thanks for the feedback. I've noticed that it can sometimes be a little too easy to escape. I've been trying to address that problem by decreasing cover in some areas. I'll see what I can do to improve it more. As for the lift, I've just fixed it by doubling the grav lift. I'll try to update the link soon.

And no, I have not set it up for any other gametypes yet. I plan to make the map compatible with KotH and Extraction.

MAJOR UPDATE (Check OP for new link and pictures)

-The map has been made compatible with KotH and Extraction.
-Reforged Red area to improve flow.
-Reforged Gold to add more traffic there.
-Connected top Gold to top Blue.
-Railings have been added to make it harder to run away from an enemy.
-Concussion Rifle has been added.
-Sniper no longer spawns at the start.
-Initial spawns have been moved.
-Removed mancannon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MAJOR UPDATE (Check OP for link and pictures)

-Red area has been reforged to improve flow.
-The acid pits are now death pits.
-Ledges near the big acid pit have been thickened to prevent players from falling in too easily.
-Extraction sites and hills moved around.
-Sniper no longer spawns at start.
-Removed some of the railings.
-Pulse grenades added.
-Minor aesthetic changes.

Second, I have looked at the map. They don't look as cluttered as I suggested, but given most of the map is colored with green lines, these extra colors IMO will be over-bearing for callouts and detracts from the "acid-green" aesthetic (that said, the symbols made by the yellow EXT cylinders don't bother me). It just doesn't look good.

The layout looks pretty cool, however.

• Upvote (+1) 1