CyReN

UMG Chicago Discussion

Who Will Win UMG?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win UMG?

• Ambush
    • Classic

Who ever comes back... Is a + for Halo.. I wish they all came back. Halo is the most competitive game out there. 

I absolutely hate team changes but the only viable option Warriors have is dropping Goofy or APG in favor of Gabriel.

You really think Gabriel is that good?

• Upvote (+1) 3

c3d6166cb79cb0db9e4961c855721008.png

c2d5757b1d187b3599cda65d09a8be67.png

Ignore the blacked out chat messages. That pretty much sums UMG up. Amazing company, I can't thank them enough really.

You blocked out my comments! LOL

Ignore the blacked out chat messages. That pretty much sums UMG up. Amazing company, I can't thank them enough really.

That sucks, UMG did a great thing for Halo and should be commended for it. Goldenboy could commentate a rock, paper, scissors match and I would still be hyped. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You blocked out my comments! LOL

Lmao, sorry, I just painted over the ones that weren't related to the conversation about UMG losing so much money in the event. Didn't want any confusion. <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

c2d5757b1d187b3599cda65d09a8be67.png

made me sad when i seen him say it

but was super impressed with how he didn't treat it like a bad thing :)

You really think Gabriel is that good?

i did, but your point about them missing a good objective player is certainly true. Oh I know just the player to pick up! RyaNoob!

Oh wait. 

Dropping RyaNoob was a really bad choice honestly and the thing the need to focus on now is practice. 

Agreed, I'm really loving these guys already! Then they already say, 

7906776b2537d3ebb2d64edd66924b02.png

Let's go!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for watching the show guys! There will be another UMG Halo and hopefully even more people can come out!

Thank you sir.

Remember guys, The only reason why we got the event was because of  :gandhi: and  :saucey: from the twitch.tv stream.  The owner of UMG jumped on the skype call and the rest is history :Beyond Ent Logo:    

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks for watching the show guys! There will be another UMG Halo and hopefully even more people can come out!

Awesome job man, thanks for the support. 

They didn't do anything at the beginning of Reach because the game wasn't very good with sprint and bloom but with nsnb and the v7 settings the game was really solid and a lot of players came back. Are you seriously saying that a team "fluked" all the way to top 4? lol

Yes, I am.

FFA seeding in that event gifted them the 5th seed.  Do you know who they played to get to SQ in WR7? Reality Check, Gimme My Money, and a mediocre BTH roster (Twin Savior, Maniac, Rely, Clutch) which also fluked a high seeding due to FFA.

They got bracket gifted and had a nice run.  Thats nice, I guess.  Str8 Rippin' by comparison in that tournament played Ambush in WR5 (Formal, Heinz, APG, Cloud) and then Classic in Losers.

Thank you sir.

Remember guys, The only reason why we got the event was because of  :gandhi: and  :saucey: from the twitch.tv stream.  The owner of UMG jumped on the skype call and the rest is history :Beyond Ent Logo:    

Agreed, that Skype chat was awesome, watched it live, too. It's amazing to think how low we were then, and how far we've come. We've still got a way to go, but we're on the right track!

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you say Legit the second time I am assuming you mean Neighbor?

If you are the last time they did that in Reach they got like top 12 or something like that.

Yea im sorry lol

Yes, I am.

FFA seeding in that event gifted them the 5th seed.  Do you know who they played to get to SQ in WR7? Reality Check, Gimme My Money, and a mediocre BTH roster (Twin Savior, Maniac, Rely, Clutch) which also fluked a high seeding due to FFA.

They got bracket gifted and had a nice run.  Thats nice, I guess.  Str8 Rippin' by comparison in that tournament played Ambush in WR5 (Formal, Heinz, APG, Cloud) and then Classic in Losers.

I'm guessing there ffa placings were a fluke to

UMG, you are new. I can assure that you will get 50+ Teams at your next event. Brad was there and supporting if you need any tips or more support please refer to him. 31 teams =6,200 So it clearly didnt cover the pay out, If you can get 60 teams like AGL that would be 12,000.

UMG, you are new. I can assure that you will get 50+ Teams at your next event. Brad was there and supporting if you need any tips or more support please refer to him. 31 teams =6,200 So it clearly didnt cover the pay out, If you can get 60 teams like AGL that would be 12,000.

They are new to Halo BUT I think one of the main reasons why it didn't get as many teams as we would have liked is because 1.) It wasn't advertised as well as AGL 7 was (not to mention AGL is a staple for Halo tournaments so automatically people know about them) whereas UMG were hosting their first Halo tourney so not everyone would have known if they didn't check twitter/Forums.

and 2.) AGL7 was only 1 and a half weeks before UMG so a lot of AM/semi pro teams couldn't make it out due to financial reasons. Even Legit struggled to pay for the plane ticket to Chicago for UMG Halo and had to have a fundrasier donate box set up for him.

If they're spaced apart and advertised at the same rate as AGL is, I can definitely see them pulling in as many teams, if not more than AGL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm guessing there ffa placings were a fluke to

Best Man clutched the FFA for them.

The point is that they got an easy seed and capitalized because of it.  In a tournament with a ton of teams; seeds and matchups will carry you a long way.  In that exact same event "Dirty Mike n da Boyz" (Who???) got all the way to WR6 because they played literally no one.

Like I said; give them Str8 Rippin's bracket and they lose to Ambush easily, and then they lose to Classic easily.  They actually did get 3-0'd by Ambush in LR12.

Good event for them, I guess...but that doesn't make Elamite a "top Reach pro"...that is absolutely ridiculous.

They are new to Halo BUT I think one of the main reasons why it didn't get as many teams as we would have liked is because 1.) It wasn't advertised as well as AGL 7 was (not to mention AGL is a staple for Halo tournaments so automatically people know about them) whereas UMG were hosting their first Halo tourney so not everyone would have known if they didn't check twitter/Forums.

and 2.) AGL7 was only 1 and a half weeks before UMG so a lot of AM/semi pro teams couldn't make it out due to financial reasons. Even Legit struggled to pay for the plane ticket to Chicago for UMG Halo and had to have a fundrasier donate box set up for him.

If they're spaced apart and advertised at the same rate as AGL is, I can definitely see them pulling in as many teams, if not more than AGL.

Agree, They discussed having halo at UMG August 9-11 but it is 20 days away from AGL 8 and they dont want to flood the market. I think a halo event each month would be nice. One month AGL the next UMG and so on. 4-5 weeks is a good time gap for events. UMG should take advantage that texas has not had a halo event yet (excluding dallas) im sure they can get 50+ teams in texas, columbus, michigan or new jersey. AGL should help them promote and vice versa as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things that I liked about UMG:

-Goldenboy's commentating. Major props are in order for a guy who had never cast a Halo tournament before doing that good

-Fast fixing of technical issues

-Filling downtime w/ interviews

-4sk settings/DLC maps used

-Excellent commentary from Bravo and Ghost

-Awesome series (favorites were Warriors vs. SQ, Warriors vs. Classic, Classic vs. BTH)

Things I didn't like:

-Only 2 days

-No FFA (this would boost attendance through the roof)

-Only 30ish teams (we can do better than that)

-No listen-ins (though excellent commentary somewhat made up for it)

-Technical issues on Saturday (everything was perfect Sunday)

Otherwise, fantastic tournament, can't wait for AGL 8 and UMG Atlanta!

• Upvote (+1) 5

The whole UMG crew is awesome. Great guys and they really seem to care for the Halo / CoD / eSports community. For them to do this event KNOWING they were going to lose money and to look at it as an investment is incredible.

I'd be more than willing to donate to their cause if it helps with the financial burden until Halo events start to take off for them. They really should set up some sort of collection, even if its just to help with traveling costs / all the costs not related to the prize money.

Once again, great stuff from UMG. Can't wait to see more UMG Halo in the future. But we as fans have to hold our end of the bargain. Lets make sure they get the numbers and popularity needed to stay afloat!

-BigL

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ambush won again? There are solid teams out there, but they need to stop being friends and change to the business side of things and take Ambush down.