CyReN

UMG Chicago Discussion

Who Will Win UMG?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win UMG?

• Ambush
    • Classic

DROP the weakest link in classic and pick up legit, now THAT will test Ambush

Classic dont need a team change. They need to stick together and practice, practice, practice. Roys has just started playing again. Give it time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Amazing event, after the hiccups early Saturday, the event was ran flawlessly. I really hope UMG carries on with Halo (they did say they were going to discuss if Halo is going to be played at Atlanta in a staff meeting on Tuesday).

The match ups were great, I really enjoyed watching Warriors play SQ/Classic, Ambush was a bit anti-climatic, with them steamrolling every series, and of course, the event. Big props to them, though. They seem to be getting better and better each event and no other teams can even catch up to them.

The casters really made this event for me, Goldenboy had me on the edge of my seat throughout each game he casted, Bravo and Ghost were solid as always, great job and I can't wait to see Goldenboy back in the booth for more AGL/possibly UMG events.

Only constructive criticism I have to give is the need for listen ins and facecams, but I'm sure they've heard that already from many others watching the event.

Thanks again to UMG for hosting the event, and congratulations to Ambush for taking the 4peat!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the thing is about team changes is that I don't see any formation of team that can happen from SQ, Warriors, and Classic that can take down ambush.

numbers dont lie bro, 5-4 5-4 50-47 and 50-43 is a helluva a lot closer than taking one game as the warriors. Warriors woulda got rolled quicker than classic did.

It doesn't matter how close the games are if you lose them all. Taking a game off Ambush is better than getting closer and losing every game.

Warriors would have gotten MURDERED by ambush.

Nah, not as bad as classic got murdered. Warriors at least took a game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The best part of this event was easily Ghost's word choice throughout the weekend.

I never want to hear the word Squadron again.  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

numbers dont lie bro, 5-4 5-4 50-47 and 50-43 is a helluva a lot closer than taking one game as the warriors. Warriors woulda got rolled quicker than classic did.

Yeah numbers dont lie...they lost 6-0.  Wow the first three games were "close"...need I remind you that SQ was also really close to being up 2-0 vs. Classic?

It is:

Ambush

Classic/Warriors/SQ

Period.  This Classic nut-hugging has gotten beyond ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja about to throw the deuces. Classic will drop Ryanoob and pick up Ninja!!!!

What makes you think that will happen after they placed 2nd? Serious question.

will warriors make a team change??? who would they pick up though?? and who would they drop?

Drop goofy for:

Elamite

Neighbor

Lethul

etc

will warriors make a team change??? who would they pick up though?? and who would they drop?

Drop goofy for:

Elamite

Neighbor

Lethul

etc

It doesn't matter how close the games are if you lose them all. Taking a game off Ambush is better than getting closer and losing every game.

it does matter how does it not matter? losing close games just means you need to refine, getting raped on every game type except for one of ambushes weaker game types isnt anything to be proud of. Warriors walking away with a disappointing 3rd despite having APG at legits house and goofy at ninjas and practicing for almost 2 straight weeks. Classic is coming out of here feeling good while warriors walks away feeling incredibly down.

I'd like to see Warriors drop Goofy and pick up (as much as I dislike his attitude) Lethul or someone else who can hold their own like that. I'd love to see them pick up a vocal leader who would contest Ninja (as much as I like him, he needs to have competition for the leader of the team in a way that allows him to back off). Classic minus Ryanoob plus Lunchbox would be a dream, but LBX isn't coming back, sadly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it does matter how does it not matter? losing close games just means you need to refine, getting raped on every game type except for one of ambushes weaker game types isnt anything to be proud of. Warriors walking away with a disappointing 3rd despite having APG at legits house and goofy at ninjas and practicing for almost 2 straight weeks. Classic is coming out of here feeling good while warriors walks away feeling incredibly down.

Doesn't change the fact that Classic was in no better position to beat Ambush than Warriors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was just utter domination! Goes to show the gap between Ambush and the rest...

The start against Legendary wasn't the best but once they got rolling, they pretty much stomped through the entire field. 

I think the Halo community really needs to thank @UMGGAMING for giving us a chance to compete in their events.

Reading the UMG Chat made me feel awful to be apart of the community with the negativity towards UMG, I know we are more respectable than that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Doesn't change the fact that Classic was in no better position to beat Ambush than Warriors.

This, Warriors were at least in a better position, with being down 2 games instead of 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ooops @Sam meant to give u +rep but by accident gave u neg rep. sorry

No problem. :D

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

one of the biggest advantage that Ambush has is their coach. They never missed a single OS on onyx. If Classic got 1-2 OS on onyx they could have won the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1