CyReN

UMG Chicago Discussion

Who Will Win UMG?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win UMG?

• Ambush
    • Classic

I've been a fan of both Mikwen and Ninja for a very long time.  The one thing, I never understood about them is their undying loyalty to their teammates.  They were in the minority when it comes to placing large emphasis on friendships over placings.  If you look back into the Ninjawen days, I don't believe there was a single event where they dropped a teammate.  

This year, I have seen a whole new drive to win from both of them.  Taking opportunities when they're available, rather than settling for top12 after top12 after top12 placings.  Everyone can say what they want, but both of these squads are sick.  I think people are just not used to seeing Ninja and/or Mikwen change up rosters frequently.  Only times it happened in reach, was because a player was not attending or they left from my understanding.

With that being said, I hope to god  Warriors and Classic are in the finals.  Watching Ambush win tourney after tourney is boring..

• Upvote (+1) 2

There are team roles at the professional level. Obviously the support/OBJ guy doesn't do ALL of the obj but he tends to. The main slayer will tend to grab the sniper and not worry TOO much about the OBJ because his main attribute is ripping people's faces off. Everyone on a team does little bits for each other, such as the main slayer making a clutch flag touch/extraction convert etc or the obj guy grabbing the snipe.

Also, I think you mean Ambush, Instinct aren't a team in H4.

Nah i dont believe in roles. When a player needs to grab a flag, he will grab a flag. No matter what his "role". Thats why ambush is so good. They have the top 4 players in this game on their team. Everyone on that team is individually great. You cant say the same for teams like warriors and bth when they have players like goofy and maniac. They just arent good enough to compete with a team like ambush.

Just my opinion though

Nah i dont believe in roles. When a player needs to grab a flag, he will grab a flag. No matter what his "role". Thats why ambush is so good. They have the top 4 players in this game on their team. Everyone on that team is individually great. You cant say the same for teams like warriors and bth when they have players like goofy and maniac. They just arent good enough to compete with a team like ambush.

Just my opinion though

That's what my post was explaining, lol. I get that when a player needs to grab the flag, he will but Formal/Snipedown are the main slayers and usually focus on doing that. Heinz usually focuses on the obj/support. 

No such thing as roles. Goofy isnt good individually for warriors to be a serious threat to instinct. There are better players they can get, simple as that

Then explain why APG or Ninja get the top of the leaderboards every time, and Ryanoob always had/has 2+ of his teams flag caps...

Then explain why APG or Ninja get the top of the leaderboards every time, and Ryanoob always had/has 2+ of his teams flag caps...

I feel like your talking out your ***

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

SQ vs Pulse Classic

Streaming Now.

http://teambeyond.net/single/?chanel=ryanoob&id=5899914752

Game 1: CTF Adrift: Classic 3 - SQ 2  (Roy: 1 cap, 12 assists)

Game 2: TS Onyx: Classic 50 - SQ 45  (Roy: 20/8/7   +12   ) <--- WOWWWW

Game 3: Extraction Haven: Classic 5 - SQ 1 (Roy: 2 Extracts) (Mikwen: 16/11/4)

ERROR:: DISCONTINUED POST:: LOL :P

Click here: http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/768-classic-vs-sq-scrim/

Classic looks scary right now.

I 2nd this statement.

I wonder if this will bring about any team changes.

I wonder if this will bring about any team changes.

Team changes will happen once more players start coming back.  If UMG goes well and they renew Halo you'll likely see players come back as two events (AGL and UMG) creates a good opportunity to make money.  Snakebite was apparently supposed to be at UMG but his parents are having his wedding vows renewed that weekend so he's not going; but he is a legit option to come back.  I'm sure Royal 2 would also consider a comeback.

Quinn is actually watching these scrims and said "That CTF match on Dispatch was insane!!! 5-4 Status Quo in overtime. Competitive Halo is unlike any other shooter."

Thanks to Insomnia, looks like they will scrim Ambush tomorrow night.

ptHAVlW.png

Team changes will happen once more players start coming back.  If UMG goes well and they renew Halo you'll likely see players come back as two events (AGL and UMG) creates a good opportunity to make money.  Snakebite was apparently supposed to be at UMG but his parents are having his wedding vows renewed that weekend so he's not going; but he is a legit option to come back.  I'm sure Royal 2 would also consider a comeback.

I heard royal 2 isn't coming back since the prize money isn't enough for him to even get flight tickets

but DAYUM classic is scary.

That Dispatch game was fun to play, but we should've won 5-2! I put it in and got stuck on the flag while full shields and didn't cap it! Oh well, lots of fun, learning a lot with the team and looking forward to our games tomorrow night :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let me know in the forum post i did if you guys would like me to do more of these. As long as someone streams it i can continue to do them if you guys want me to

That Dispatch game was fun to play, but we should've won 5-2! I put it in and got stuck on the flag while full shields and didn't cap it! Oh well, lots of fun, learning a lot with the team and looking forward to our games tomorrow night :)

RYAGOD

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because Teams believe there is a need for roles. The Argument shouldn't be "are there roles in competitive h4 teams?" because the answer is an obvious yes, the argument should be whether there is a need for roles in h4. Teams believe in roles therefore they assign them, which is why ambush is steady nice every tourney they go to. A lot more fluid, alot more sharing as far as responsibilities go and they possess the most individual talent on one team. I've said it before and i'll say it again: Objective work is a shadow of what it used to be, and teams are better off working on slaying power more and more. In halo 4 I would rather have a good overall player than a good objective player fill my fourth roster spot, assuming we are all on the same page game plan wise.

Halo 3's depth as an objective game and team-work first mentality built pure objective players out of a necessity, that's why players like totz would go insanely negative most events and get consistently worked in tournament slayer games but remain on top 8 teams for extended periods of time, no marks against tots, i saw him do some amazing things but it was obvious that he was not on the same level as the rest of status quo, Triggers down or any other pro team he found himself on.

H4 in general is a heavy slaying game, alot like halo 2 in that almost everything you did objectively started with winning individual battles, then setting spawns then whoever was available ran flag, got ball etc. Gametypes like lockout ball had strats thats revolved around confident and efficient slaying, (like dispatch flag, which is a heavy slaying, heavy sniping gametype), FB was so good in h2 because they had OVERWHELMING slaying power across their roster. Mechanically the most talented roster in halo, ever. Ambush is the next FB, and you can quote me on that because they understand the power of slaying, and utilize it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He's on his way folks, hide your wives, hide your kids, he gone rape everyone.

PrYt1YS.gif

So far he has been unbelievable. To be able to put up those kinda stats in as little time as he's played? Amazing..

BFK Pure ~ Tri, HuNteR Jjx, Str8 SicK, Elumnite

Thats a solid team right there! Nice to see Str8 Sick back