CyReN

UMG Chicago Discussion

Who Will Win UMG?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win UMG?

• Ambush
    • Classic

Yeah of course. Gotta give a HUGE shoutout to UMG. They ran an amazing event, with some of the BEST Halo matches we have seen.

The Stream was great for the most part, the casting was PHENOMENAL, and everything stayed on schedule after the initial downtime on Saturday.

REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoyed it.

Can't wait for more news on the next UMG Halo event.  :unclesudd:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who supported UMG this weekend along with Beyond by tweeting/posting/etc. Things are looking up.

UMG did good for their first Halo event. I was really impressed on how quickly they responded to feedback.

Why do people hate on Ambush?  blah blah they had their strongest maps with snipes.  Onyx has no power weapons and they still beat classic on it.

Warriors isn't even a 2nd place team anymore.  Hope APG gets on a better team, possibly Classic could drop Ryanoob for APG but they would lose their only real objective player.

Glad Pistola showed up finally.  He hasn't been playing up to his GOAT status until today.

Maybe Classic will put up a better fight against Ambush at AGL8 seeing as how they didn't have a ton of practice but idk if just practice can make up for that 6-0 stomping they got.  Granted the first series with Ambush was all close games but the second series was a blowout mostly.

Hopefully some of their Call of Duty sponsorships carry over to Halo. Also, I can't help but feel terrible that they're losing money on this deal. We definitely need to set up some sort of crowdfunding deal. At one point we had something like 6,000 concurrent viewers. Even if 1% of 6,000 people donated $10-20 we could easily cover at least the airfare of one of the main commentators. I think we owe it to UMG; from the get-go they did not seem to disappoint. The stream quality was phenomenal, the commentary was fantastic, the tournament was ran smoothly. I would even go as far to say the event was better than any AGL event. In terms of professionalism, I don't think you can argue UMG did a better job than Brad. UMG needs to see a return on their investment, they need to see their work isn't going unnoticed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully some of their Call of Duty sponsorships carry over to Halo. Also, I can't help but feel terrible that they're losing money on this deal. We definitely need to set up some sort of crowdfunding deal. At one point we had something like 6,000 concurrent viewers. Even if 1% of 6,000 people donated $10-20 we could easily cover at least the airfare of one of the main commentators. I think we owe it to UMG; from the get-go they did not seem to disappoint. The stream quality was phenomenal, the commentary was fantastic, the tournament was ran smoothly. I would even go as far to say the event was better than any AGL event. In terms of professionalism, I don't think you can argue UMG did a better job than Brad. UMG needs to see a return on their investment, they need to see their work isn't going unnoticed. 

Why they didn't make money

- Right after AGL, AM teams need time to get money to attend

- Was their first event

-  not as much promotion as AGL

It hit 6.7K viewers. Im sure with good promotion and time they can get 50+ teams atleast. This was an investment and in a couple months they are going to find out it was worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's awesome to see Roy do so well since he just started to play H4.

It's just goes to show that skill carries over!

It's awesome to see Roy do so well since he just started to play H4.

It's just goes to show that skill carries over!

Some would argue that it's because Halo 4 "Takes no skill", the smart ones would argue that raw talent is raw talent. 

another question to consider (maybe this should be its own thread):

What does the 4-peat by Ambush say about Halo 4 as a competitive shooter?

pretty sure it took a while for a team to win multiple titles in halo 3 and Reach

Well done to UMG[staff too], TeamBeyond and everyone involved keeping things upto date, and to Ambush for giving great games and doing work.

Sequence01_10_zps9e4d05ad.gif