CyReN

UMG Chicago Discussion

Who Will Win UMG?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win UMG?

• Ambush
    • Classic

They've run multiple CoD tourneys in the past, there's no difference if it's a Halo tourney. 

But, I heard they have a new tech guy so maybe that's the reason.

Agreed, the last COD UMG ran really well. 

this match-up should be good

chat is working, sign in and out! 

Godern noobies.

This should be an exciting matchup though! 

Pure coming in with a lot of practice and Legendary just being so individually skilled its ridiculous. 

I teamed with Devon for two events and Xrossfade for about 6 months, they are so underrated.

Anyone know how long the staff/tech has had the room or stage? I know F0rmal posted a picture of some kids party or something on the main stage the other day. However, was the staff able to setup prior and test any of the equipment?

They've run multiple CoD tourneys in the past, there's no difference if it's a Halo tourney. 

But, I heard they have a new tech guy so maybe that's the reason.

Add that to Twitch having a random meltdown last night. I'm just glad it's happening day 1, instead of during the finals

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed, the last COD UMG ran really well. 

this match-up should be good

Why the sarcasm?

Coach was being serious lol

Seriously though running a CoD tourney with Blaco Ops II is 100x easier than H4. Give them some time to adjust.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think he was being sarcastic.

Oh, well I thought he was seeing as he negged me over the post he quoted of mine.

My mistake, sorry, Coach.

Seriously though running a CoD tourney with Blaco Ops II is 100x easier than H4. Give them some time to adjust.

Im sure it is easier, but all Im saying is this should have been all set up tested and ready to go last night. Im not complaining tho because of the problems with twitch, and Time Warner just fixed my internet due to their shotty modem lol

did we just miss ambush playing?

Since they weren't going to show that matchup anyway, we didnt really miss it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this gametype going to be a legit gametype?

Edit: Nevermind looks like they are just 1v1ing.

If you watched Ninja stream when Goofy was staying at his house, they basically had a screaming match when Ninja choked hard and absolutely refused to admit it. Ninja is a great H4 player. Arguably top 5, but he can never be wrong. APG was trying to calm them down, but everyone just disregarded what he had to say and Legit didnt say a word. That kind of behavior doesn't bode well compared to Ambush who encourage each other and don't get on each other when they make a mistake or SQ which shows unity by matching armor, etc.

yea i saw that and he did admit he was wrong he was just explaining why he chose to make that play. I think it makes them better to call each other out on plays and argue. Its better than letting it go and not improving. They obviously will not argue like that at events so i think its good to get that out of the way in online scrims.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1v1's now, haha.

The chat is so dead. I don't think people know that they need to do the sign in and out thing after they change their password so the chat will load.

1v1's now, haha.

The chat is so dead. I don't think people know that they need to do the sign in and out thing after they change their password so the chat will load.

Twitch is so peaceful right now. Reminds me of old days.

1v1's now, haha.

Its not loading for me now, even after doing the sign out and sign in thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can understand the DLC fiasco but they started the stream 2 hours 45 mins late, with multiple downtimes where nothing was going on the stream as well as several issues with no game audio, audio only working in one ear, audio too loud/casters too quiet etc.

I really appreciate what they're doing for us, it's just a bit disappointing that all these issues have been happening especially when their past events have been run really well.

Did anyone see the Ghost interview with Roy? How serious was Roy about his main goal in coming back is to take down Ambush?

If Roy can't beat Ambush with Classic, I wonder if he will reach out to bring out other Pro's back out from there hiding places

Finally they're doing interviews to pass the downtime.  I am quite surprised they're keeping about 2k viewers considering the last game was about an hour ago already.

It is irritating though that they have gameplay over the interviews.  Just let me watch the interview dammit.

I'm rooting for what ever Team Dersky is on, one of the few people that actually has a good personality in the Halo scene