CyReN

UMG Chicago Discussion

Who Will Win UMG?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win UMG?

• Ambush
    • Classic

how many teams have been confirmed at this point? i was hearing multiple things.

I think 32 at the moment, not 100% though.

SQ is attending

The last I read I believe they weren't originally along with Severance. I'm glad to see they will be!

Classic will be there for the dethroneing of Ambush, but they won't be participating.. only watching.  sQ top 1.

Like him or dislike him Ryanoob is an excellent QB/On field general with an uncanny awareness of necessary map positioning, spawn control etc.. he studies film, makes adjustments and informs the team both in overall philosophy and in the moment direction and he's a damn good shot. His vulcanlike matter of factness may be off putting to some but surrounded by the raw talent on that team their only potential limitation is motivation and right now they are on a mission. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last I read I believe they weren't originally along with Severance. I'm glad to see they will be!

Enable tweeted that they are going, so dont worry haha!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else losing respect for Ryanoob?

Never had much because he is the kind of guy who just looks to get under your skin, even if he is your friend/teamate which is obnoxious.

Also he thinks he is the smartest guy ever to play halo, I dont think he is stupid or has a bad halo mind, he is just not as smart as i think he is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

gandhi's going on now about roy.

www.twitch.tv/gandhimlg

I'm not the biggest fan of Ryan because he has this attitude that he is the halo messiah. Watching his teams play he tells people what theyre doing wrong when half of the time he doesn't know the situation entirely. There is a reason why a lot of his ex-teammates do not like him. Im sure hes a great guy out of game I just don't like his attitude in it. He is a great player though

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly think he's misunderstood the majority of the time. I love the shit talk to Ninja though because you can tell it's getting in his head, which is exactly what Ryan is trying to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Man I rooted for Classic already the last AGL, but with Roy making a comeback I have to do it again. 

GO CLASSIC, though Ambush seems to be the unbeatable squad. 

I hope Roy keeps playing, Elamite should also. If older pros would just come back, practise as much as the current pros we could finally have some teams who could mop the floor with Ambush.

Though I have a bad feeling about UMG, for some reason I think it won't be as good as the last AGLs

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I rooted for Classic already the last AGL, but with Roy making a comeback I have to do it again. 

GO CLASSIC, though Ambush seems to be the unbeatable squad. 

I hope Roy keeps playing, Elamite should also. If older pros would just come back, practise as much as the current pros we could finally have some teams who could mop the floor with Ambush.

Though I have a bad feeling about UMG, for some reason I think it won't be as good as the last AGLs

Ambush isn't unbeatable. They just think they are.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I been to an umg event for CoD it was really well run. So lets only hope for the best.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I saw tweet from Roy telling ninja to give people what they want. Maybe he ants to team with warriors?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I saw tweet from Roy telling ninja to give people what they want. Maybe he ants to team with warriors?

He wanted ninja to scrim them. The people wanted warriors vs roy thats what he was talking about

Based on the updated AGL points, the top 5 seeds for UMG Chicago will be:

1) Reign Ambush

2) Warriors

3) Status Quo

4) Crowd Pleasers

5) Pulse Classic

Who is commentating? so much confusion. I think  GoldenBoy is the only confirmed commentator.

Based on the updated AGL points, the top 5 seeds for UMG Chicago will be:

1) Reign Ambush

2) Warriors

3) Status Quo

4) Crowd Pleasers

5) Pulse Classic

You guys do realize this tournament will be seeded by an FFA right?

i think they are just using AGL seeds to rank the top teams for discussion purposes.

i think they are just using AGL seeds to rank the top teams for discussion purposes.

That's not what that post looked like

That's not what I heard.  Brad stated that this UMG tournament seeding will be based on current AGL points.

Does anyone else think Goofy is holding Warriors back?

I think as a team they need to put their friendships aside and do what's best for the team.

Agreed. Dropping their objective player for another slayer was a mistake.

Goofy serves no purpose, APG and Ninja are Slayers and Legit is a support. They dropped the wrong person.

I love Ryan's personality, he calls people out for making a mistake. I'm becoming more and more of a fan of him.

That's not what I heard.  Brad stated that this UMG tournament seeding will be based on current AGL points.

this is 100% inaccurate as of last update. The FFA is going to be the way seeds are decided. 

Agreed. Dropping their objective player for another slayer was a mistake.

Goofy serves no purpose, APG and Ninja are Slayers and Legit is a support. They dropped the wrong person.

No such thing as roles. Goofy isnt good individually for warriors to be a serious threat to instinct. There are better players they can get, simple as that

• Downvote (-1) 1

No such thing as roles. Goofy isnt good individually for warriors to be a serious threat to instinct. There are better players they can get, simple as that

There are team roles at the professional level. Obviously the support/OBJ guy doesn't do ALL of the obj but he tends to. The main slayer will tend to grab the sniper and not worry TOO much about the OBJ because his main attribute is ripping people's faces off. Everyone on a team does little bits for each other, such as the main slayer making a clutch flag touch/extraction convert etc or the obj guy grabbing the snipe.

Also, I think you mean Ambush, Instinct aren't a team in H4.

• Upvote (+1) 2