stylo90

Why can't you play an old game?

Why do people discredit NBNS Reach so often?

Because reach is horrible. And god is the connection bad. Just as bad as H3 at some points

• Downvote (-1) 6

Because reach is horrible. And god is the connection bad. Just as bad as H3 at some points

wrong

• Upvote (+1) 2

uhhh... Not even slightly close to true.

Unless you live in the most centralized place in america and a god internet connection, and even then... Halo reach online is FAR, FAR better connection wise then H3. Like not even in the same league.

Halo 3 connection has to go through customs and get naturalized before it reaches your Xbox. If you're still playing that game and you don't pull host you'd be better off deranking. 

From my recent experience with Halo 3 while i've been streaming, its been a lot of derankers and people who don't know what they are doing and I mean a lot.  I recently hopped on and play two matches only to go 50-2 combined, because 3 out of 4 players were just sitting there, and that was MLG playlist. BUT  When I do actually manage to get a match, they are fun as hell, my BR is still pretty awful being as I've mostly only played H4 and Reach, but its way more fun than playing either of them on any day, even when I get absolutely demolished. 

Bit confused here. People talking XBL issues? I don't just mean literally "playing an old game". Just being online playing a game doesn't count as contributing to a community. I'm talking about organizing stuff.

Unless that's too hard of course

Bit confused here. People talking XBL issues? I don't just mean literally "playing an old game". Just being online playing a game doesn't count as contributing to a community. I'm talking about organizing stuff.

Unless that's too hard of course

Jumping the gun a little. Why not wait two weeks to find out what direction the competitive community will be going then work off that momentum.

Also people are talking about XBL because that's part of the overall experience - very few have the time / motivation / circumstance to move around to various organized LAN's.

We can play old games..but we need a new (good) game if we wanna be relevant in competitive gaming. 

Jumping the gun a little. Why not wait two weeks to find out what direction the competitive community will be going then work off that momentum.

Also people are talking about XBL because that's part of the overall experience - very few have the time / motivation / circumstance to move around to various organized LAN's.

Im sure there are people willing to LAN, but its not cheap to fly around with all the equipment needed to do good LAN's. That is the problem Smash never had.

"Glory" is the last word I would use to describe the days of shots not registering on LAN (h3).

XBC is free and allows us to play h1 and h2 online...FOR FREE! Fuck XBL's subscription fees. Now that Netflix is free for silver members, is there a reason to continue subscribing to XBL?

"Glory" is the last word I would use to describe the days of shots not registering on LAN (h3).

XBC is free and allows us to play h1 and h2 online...FOR FREE! Fuck XBL's subscription fees. Now that Netflix is free for silver members, is there a reason to continue subscribing to XBL?

Where have you heard this? I'm not seeing anything about that. 

I'm still looking to get rid of my Xbox Live Gold account and still stream Netflix on my Xbox though. 

Where have you heard this? I'm not seeing anything about that.

I'm still looking to get rid of my Xbox Live Gold account and still stream Netflix on my Xbox though.

My mistake, it was just a weekend promotion.

So I guess the only reasons to continue subscribing to XBL are Netflix and Shadowrun.

negative

We can play old games..but we need a new (good) game if we wanna be relevant in competitive gaming. 

old and good still works just fine in today's world of competitive gaming...till we get out of the mindstate that old is bad we will never get back to where we wanted...can't keep waiting for a new game to be good..

Reach was shit. Yeah, we know.

Halo 4 was shit. Yeah, we know.

Don't you miss those glorious days of Halo 1, 2, 3? Don't we all

If only there was something we could do... some way we could revive our community, get new players into the scene, get tournaments going, without having to deal with a garbage game...

Oh yeah, it's called playing old games.

ITT: Discuss how you are going to bring back your favorite Halo game.

I have very fond memories of h3 and Reach... and no Reach wasn't bad as you make it sound...

But I am smart enough to know I never want to look back...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I enjoy an occasional nostalgic rush, no doubt - although it deteriorates after a short period of time for reasons that everyone has already stated, i.e: cheaters, immense lag, ext. I'm casually waiting for E3, playing H4 to pass the time - with IG LAN tournaments and PGL online tournaments - I have a decent reason to continue to play H4.