Sign in to follow this  
unknowNNN

In Game Create-a-Team Feature

For the next Halo that supports eSports play, I think the ability to Create a Team right from the game menu is a solid idea. The system would work similar to Dota 2's. Now some things cannot be achieved in game (assumption), and would obviously have to be left out or re-imagined in some other way.

The way Dota 2's Team feature works is as follows:

1) Team Creation - Fairly simple. You give your team a name, an abbreviation (which appears on the scoreboard next to the team's logo in game), the country in which you compete from (a flag is added on the team profile), and a team URL. This can be changed at any time.

2) Team Logos - In Dota 2, there are certain areas throughout your team's side of the map in which your team's logo can be displayed. Custom banners and large stone tiles in front of the base are able to be skinned, displaying the image the team Admin chooses. These are made up mainly by designers, and usually include things like the team's logo and sponsors, with some added designs for some flair. As mentioned earlier, the logo of your team appears next to your team's abbreviation on the scoreboard. Again, all settings can be changed at a later time.

3) Adding/Removing Players to/from the Team - This can be implemented by simply going to the in game friends list and clicking on the player you want to be invited to the team. Nothing too tricky here. Doing something like this in order to create the team is more efficient than having to have all 4 players in the lobby at once like in Black Ops 2 League Play. To remove a player from the Team, something along the lines of clicking on his profile again from the in game friends list, and scrolling to the "Kick Player From Team" option, or something along those lines.

4) Official Info - The Official Info setting is only available to Professional Players (determined by Valve). Here, you put in your official tag (ex. Ninja, Ace, Legit). This is the tag that will be in use during official matches. Next step would be to choose the team you play for (since you can be a part of multiple teams). That way, the appropriate tag will show up in game. The third slot would be to enter any official sponsors or tags that you would want on the end of your name. The last option would be to apply the country you are from (since not every one is from the same country on the team, at least in Dota). This will be on your personal profile. The end result would look something like this: FB.Walshy or sQ.enable.RedBull

This eliminates having to change your gamertag to represent the team you play on, and allows for viewers to distinguish who the players are when watching LAN matches/online league matches. 

Now a few complications are in the way with this. Since Dota 2 is run on Steam, profile recovery is very fast and simple. I do not own an Xbox One, so I dont know how difficult it would be for LAN events to recover the player's profile to the Xbox they are playing on. In order for this to work at LAN events, the profile used to create the info in #4 would have to be used. Now, it's simple for things like an MLG Halo League, or any other online league for that matter. 

Also, this information will only be used during official matches (GB, LAN, etc.) or in Team Matchmaking, in which all 4 members of the team play game and get ranked on a leaderboard after a handful of placement matches. 

Aside from the complications that are in the way as far as LAN events are concerned, I think a feature similar to this would be pretty awesome to have in Halo 5. Now this is pretty much Dota 2's team feature imagined into Halo 5. Obviously that cannot happen. So some tweaks are going to have to be made in order for this to work.

Let me know what you think!

SOURCES

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2014/05/dota-2-official-player-details-tutorial/#accessing-the-8220official-player-information8221-panel (Official Info)

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2012/10/dota-2-3rd-october/#team-ui (Team Creation; That's about a year old. Still relatively the same.)

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes I would love this, basically Xbox Live Clans 2.0 I've been wanting this for a very long time to be back an updated

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't tell you how much I would love to see in game team based stuff. Great idea.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would love this so much, and now that 343 have put the game back another year, there's literally no excuse for it to not be in the game. People been asking for it for ages! Think they were hinting at something like this before Halo 4 was released, then turned out nothing happened so I think it will be in H5.

Would love this so much, and now that 343 have put the game back another year, there's literally no excuse for it to not be in the game. People been asking for it for ages! Think they were hinting at something like this before Halo 4 was released, then turned out nothing happened so I think it will be in H5.

The only thing that was hinted about clan battles/teams is that Shark and Ray that they have for team colours. It was pointless and it added nothing to the game.

I'm down. It should be open to any amount of players so competitive teams can make their TO4 and clans can make their larger groups.

The only thing that was hinted about clan battles/teams is that Shark and Ray that they have for team colours. It was pointless and it added nothing to the game.

Yeah, I remember when everyone was speculating about that-- literally a worthless addition.

OT This would be a great feature 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Skate 3 had a team feature where you could create your own team logo, it was quite fun, did some team deathraces from time-to-time back when the game was popular, I think it could be quite successful in Halo 5.

+1 for a Halo 2 clans 2.0 type system. There are plenty of good examples of the correct implementation of this on the original Xbox. The 360 never quite nailed it for some reason. I loved the Rainbow Six: Black Arrow squad feature. Proper clans, clan leaderboards, team logos, URL, customization and a beautiful tournament system.. The game actually gave you proper brackets and times to enter lobbies to play your next opponent. It was over a decade ahead of its time.

tom-clancys-rainbow-six-3-black-arrow-20

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is too good for 343i to do.

The fact that this is probably 100% true is depressing 

• Upvote (+1) 3