Sign in to follow this  
ZipCity117

Your Ideal H5 Weapon Sandbox?

I'll go first:

Loadouts for Social: BR & AR for humans, CC & SR for Elites. 2x Frags.

Loadout for Ranked: Humans only, BR & AR. 2x Frags.

Utilities (No longer kill vehicles so quickly)

BR: 4-shot with 1.2 second kill time. Hitscan, but less aim assist than H2. 2x range. H2 spread.

CC: 7-shot with 1.2 second kill time. Projectile, H4 CC aim assist, and post-TU accuracy.

DMR: 5-shot with .8 second kill time. Projectile, H1-pistol aim assist. 3x range.

LR: Scoped: 4-shot with 1 second kill time. Unscoped: 5-shot with 1.25 second kill time. Projectile, less aim assist than H4 LR.

ODST Automag: 6-shot, 1.2 second kill time. 

Automatics

AR) 1.4 second kill time, 1.5x multiplier for headshots. So .92 second killtime if all headshots. H4 Post-TU aim assist and accuracy.

SR) Same kill times as AR, better at shields, worse at health. 

Suppressor) .9 second kill time. Make this more of a power weapon, and more accurate. H4 level aim assist. Sort of replaces SAW.

Shotguns

H4 Shotgun

H4 Boltshot before Weapon Tuning.

Anti-Vehicular

H4 Plasma Pistol

H4 Spartan Laser

H4 Incineration Cannon

H1 PC Fuel Rod

H4 Rockets with slower travel time.

HR Plasma Launcher

Snipers (No longer kill vehicles so quickly)

H3 Sniper

H3 Beam Rifle

H4 Binary Rifle

Dual-Wield Pairs (All have H3 range & aim assist) Double the kill times if one is dropped. If using other weapon, should be able to backpack the dual-wield pair.

Dual Plasma Rifles: Have H1 stun, and 1.2 second kill time. 

Dual Spikers: 1.1 kill time. 

Dual Pistols: 1 second kill time. 

Dual SMGs: 1 second kill time, H2 recoil. If one is used alone, 1.5 second kill time if scoped.

Support Weapons

H4 Human & Covvie turrets.

H3 Missile Pod Launcher

Melee

H4 Energy Sword

H3 Gravity Hammer

Other (Not sure which grenade launchers to keep, opinions?)

H4 Needler

HR Grenade Launcher

H3 Brute Shot

H4 Sticky Detonator

H4 Railgun

Forerunner Themed Flamethrower: Unleashes H1 Flamethrower flames, after charging. Charge, spray.

Grenades

H3 physics for Frags, Plasmas, and Incendiary. Longer ranges.

H4 Pulse: More powerful, and more range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why do people keep making the same old threads OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want no loadouts and the BR as the main range weapon. Either BR & AR or BR & Magnum starts.

I'll give it a go.

-I would actually have Magnum Starts be a front line feature. Particularly in 1v1s, 2v2s and 6 player FFA etc.

-BR starts for competitive settings

-BR, AR starts for BTB

-Some AR, Magnum starts.

Magnum: (In an ideal world) 4 shot kill, 8 shot clip, accurate, no bloom, 2x zoom, consistent vertical recoil, 0.9 sec kill time, fast projectile, 26/ 52m Red Reticle Range. But a 5 shot 1.2 sec Magnum would suffice in a Halo balance more like recent Halos. (same ROF)

BR: (In an ideal world) 3 burst kill, 9 bullets to kill, 36 clip, very fast projectile, 30/60m RRR, minimal consistent vertical recoil, 0.9 sec kill time. But a 1.3 sec, 12 bullet, 4 shot BR would suffice. (Same ROF)

I would like the option in custom games to adjust shield strength and health separately so I can play 75% shield settings and enjoy these more powerful utility weapons. But 1.2/ 1.3 is pretty good for normal matchmaking. 

AR: 9 bullet 0.8 sec in buffed settings, 12 bullet, 1.1 in regular. 3x heashot multiplier, fast projectile, fast bloom reset.

PR: Very simular to the CE PR. Minimal spread and bloom, Medium projectile, 2x bonus multiplier for hitting head or chest unshielded , 3x multiplier verses shields, plasma stun verses unshielded player.

SR: If included similar to above PR but with a 2x scope and faster projectiles.

PP: The best plasma Pistol so far in my opinion is in Reach. But I would have the single fire work similar to the above PR and I would have the charged mode stun vehicles not cause them to go into park mode (if you understand what I mean).

Shotgun: Can only instant kill with a shot to the head/ chest area. Range similar to Halo 2.

Sniper Rifle: Halo 3, pretty much.

Rocket Launcher: Closest to Halo 2. Explosion cant pass through solid cover, only can do minimal damage if explosion is going around week cover, forcing in to be used from the high ground or fired at a near by wall. Can be defected, can be shot out of the air, sets off an alarm if homing on you week homing verses vehicles. can lock on to a flipping banshee. Bonus direct impact damage.

Fuel Rod Cannon: Heavy parabolic arc, similar damage to a frag but can instant kill with bonus direct impact damage, slower ROF, 2 second arm delay during which time it can ricochet similar to a frag, but if it bounces during the delay it will detonate at the 2 sec mark, will always insta detonate with a direct hit. Faster projectile speed than a frag. Kind of a mixture between the CE FRC and the Tribes Ascends Fusion mortar.

Grenade Launcher: Halo Reach 

Focus Rifle: or something similar, maybe with a head/ chest shot multiplier and a slightly faster kill time than the one in Reach. 

Concision Rifle/ Brute shot: behave closer to Quake rockets.

Needler: closest to Reach, weak line of sight auto homing mechanic that still encourages leading and can be effective beyond RRR.

Flame thrower: not a heavy weapon, 1st person view, Behaves similar to a slow projectile rapid fire automatic/ shotgun but with fire.

Energy Sword: Halo 3 closest, no sprint, can cut though several players in one swing if they are conveniently positioned, wont lunge if it is not necessary, do something to make it more skillful and improve sword duels. Not sure what.

Gravity Hammer: Halo 3, except no lunge. 

Railgun: Revamped, 3 shot clip, 2x zoom, strong physics impulse verses vehicle, as powerful as a plasma grenade verses vehicles, Behaves like a better balanced Spartan laser. Fast projectile. No explosion. All impact damage. No magnetism, a bit of aim traction. Effective against infantry similar to Halo 3 Laser.

Frag grendes: Strong physics impulse good for nade jumps and nade tricks, Good for flipping vehicles. Slightly bigger radius than Halo 4. 2 frags destroys a ghost, 4 a warthog, spawn with 2, can carry a max of 4.

Plasma grenade: Consistant instaspode physics. Instaspodes if the second grenade bounces first. Consistent plasma launch physics, launches if the second grenade hasn't bounced yet. Bonus damage verses shields, small instakill radius. Similar strength verses vehicles as Halo 4 except it takes 3 to destroy a Warthog. No loadouts.

Fire bomb: Area of denial tool, instaspodes but does not instakill, can kill in one second, explodes with a sticky flammable liquid that sticks to floors, walls, vehicles and unshielded players. Does not stick to shielded players. 

I'd prefer we try to keep weapons distinct and unique instead of trying to balance hundreds of similar weapons (three ranges, four 'utility rifles'.  What a nightmare.)

But that would also involve cutting out a giant portion of the sandbox, which wouldn't really be feasible due to lore/campaign reasons.

Such a predicament.

Energy Sword: Halo 3 closest, no sprint, can cut though several players in one swing if they are conveniently positioned, wont lunge if it is not necessary, do something to make it more skillful and improve sword duels. Not sure what.

In murder miners you charge it up and lunge forward in the direction you're facing.  Meaning you have to time it and predict enemy movement instead of having an auto-lunge.

Just a suggestion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In murder miners you charge it up and lunge forward in the direction you're facing.  Meaning you have to time it and predict enemy movement instead of having an auto-lunge.

Just a suggestion.

This would make the sword such a better weapon. No lunge until you charge it up and you can see the sword glowing when he's about to lunge. The animation would be so badass. 

Just a suggestion.

That sounds perfect.

No more useless weapons that share the same functions...I dont need 3 versions of a DMR or 3 version of a Snipers and IMO no more DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No more useless weapons that share the same functions...I dont need 3 versions of a DMR or 3 version of a Snipers and IMO no more DMR.

So what will Prometheans or covies use? 

So what will Prometheans or covies use? 

If we're not playing as them in multiplayer, their entire sandbox doesn't need to be brought there. Or at least, they shouldn't all be present at the same time.

Limit the amount of weapons to only have one for each specific role. Balance them around a fast, accurate utility weapon.

And we don't need 4 headshot weapons; we hardly need 2. Realistically, I'd rather there just be one single-shot pistol as the utility weapon, but some players just really want the BR to still exist.

My ideal sandbox makes little sense canonically, and is too far from standard Halo to be realistic. But anyway:

Default spawns are BR and ODST Automag. Switching to the Automag is instant, so taking down shields with the BR and capping with the Automag is faster, but perhaps more difficult to pull off. This is the only way I can think of where a pistol would be of any use to the sandbox.

A revamped BR acts like an inverted Lightrifle. 3/4sk singleshot unscoped, 4/5sk burst scoped. Sort of like the H2 demo BR.

Halo 4 AR with an increasing rate of fire. Scoped single/burst-shot mode with negligible damage, only for headshots (just so it isn't useless against precisions).

As for the Forerunner weapons: pre-update Boltshot, no Scattershot, keep the rest the same. Keep everything except Boltshot and Binary out of matchmaking, unless there's some form of Forerunner Invasion mode. Boltshot replaces Shotgun on most maps.

Nades shoot weapons across the map, CE-style. Plasmas instasplode consistently. Pulse Grenades instantly take down shields about 3/4 of the way and then stop dealing damage. If shields are already down, they kill instantly (as it is currently).

Equipment returns, but no more radius-effect types. Most of the Halo 4 AAs as equipment would work.

OK someone needs to do something about all these what do u want in the next halo thread, its getting fucking old. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we're not playing as them in multiplayer, their entire sandbox doesn't need to be brought there. Or at least, they shouldn't all be present at the same time.

I'm assuming Elites will be in H5 MM (Social of course), so CC needs to be in there. But DMR & LR should only be placed on certain maps. Same for all functional clones. Some maps should have sniper rifle, others should have binary rifle. Ordnance fucked everything up in H4, by allowing access to entire sandbox. 

Limit the amount of weapons to only have one for each specific role. Balance them around a fast, accurate utility weapon.

And we don't need 4 headshot weapons; we hardly need 2. Realistically, I'd rather there just be one single-shot pistol as the utility weapon, but some players just really want the BR to still exist.

Taking out weapons will just alienate people. Remember Reach?

I think that H3 was fine, just replace the BR shot with a consistent spread that is very tight (similar to the H2 BR) and update the Carbine to have less spread (Close to H4). The weapons that were similar (ie BR vs Carbine, Snipe vs Beam Rifle, AR vs Plasma Rifle, etc..) were balanced well. They each had a similar uses so you weren't alienated from them, but they operated differently enough to where they were unique and had it's advantage.

The Promethian weapons are all over powered (minus the suppressor) and don't belong in MM. I know they are supposed to be an advanced race, but last I checked, there are no Promethians in MM.

Also get rid of Hitscan. Put a projectile system in place since we are going to be on dedicated servers now and the cloud can compute all that shit and determine everything since no one can claim host anymore. This will give a more realistic feel of a gun to where you have to lead the target slightly it longer distances and short ranges will be basically like Hitscan.

Lower the power of explosives. I know a rocket launcher will kill someone, but it shouldn't kill me if it's 20ft away from me. It should take some skill to use like in H2 and H3. Reach and 4, if I'm within half a mile, everything dies. The Sticky Detonator has a huge radius that will strip the shields if not kill anyone within a 20ft radius. It's a little ridiculous. Leave some room for skill over mass explosions. If people want big explosions, go build a Fusion Coil pit in Forge and jump in with invincibility or beastly overshields.

Bring back the ability to grenade jump. That lets you get to small spaces at the cost of some shields as well as adding a dynamic into map movement. Plus it's fun to show friends cool places you can get to that are obviously not even practical for MM. Also add in the ability to jump onto little ledges. In Guardian, you could jump from Gold 1 to Gold 2 by hitting that little slanted ledge in the corner. It took some skill, but if it was pulled off correctly, you could get up without having the lift make that loud noise and people didn't know you weren't there (if radar was disabled). That kind of thing was awesome and gave one more dynamic to the game. (ie the yellow pads on Pit that you could jump onto and surprise people who thought you were at face level because the radar didn't distinguish enemy level.

Basically just rewind a go back to where the game was before people quit playing and then keep that. Then add what the new enemies use to be balanced with the things that work, that way you have a solid base to work from and if the new stuff sucks, people will just remove it and do what they like. That's basically the opposite of where Reach and 4 went. They got rid of all the things people like and added what they didn't like/need. 

But in all honesty, this thread is pointless because 343 is never going to come across this thread and say, "That is an amazing idea. Why don't we implement exactly what this person is saying!" It's all just peoples imaginations and hopes of the perfect world. Sorry if I burst a bubble or if I'm a downer, but I've seen 100 of these threads and they leave people arguing mute points that aren't even relevant to the game. 

So what, keep all the shitty+redundant weapons that have accumulated in the sandbox over the years? Reach's problem wasn't kids whining about no BR. Reach's problem was the game being bad.

But in all honesty, this thread is pointless because 343 is never going to come across this thread and say, "That is an amazing idea. Why don't we implement exactly what this person is saying!" It's all just peoples imaginations and hopes of the perfect world. Sorry if I burst a bubble or if I'm a downer, but I've seen 100 of these threads and they leave people arguing mute points that aren't even relevant to the game.

https://twitter.com/Surreal3650/status/470039964970123265

You have 35 weapons in your sandbox.

Please tell me how you will fit all of those into 12 or so maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hate on Reach's gameplay all you want, but the sandbox itself was one of the best throughout the franchise.

Hate on Reach's gameplay all you want, but the sandbox itself was one of the best throughout the franchise.

Still had too many autos that were too weak.

Focus Rifle was fine, but having both the Spiker and Plasma Rifle is redundant. Same with the AR and Repeater.

-BR Utility Weapon (No Spead, No Bloom, No Bullshit) 4 Shots to Kill, Minimum aim assist and magnetism.

-AR Secondary In unranked games

-Dual Wield SMGs as a power weapon. 

-Copycat weapons are swapped out depending on map. (Rockets on Human Map, Incineration Canon on Forerunner Map, etc)

It's a start. 

Weapons:

BR
AR

Carbine

Light Rifle
SMG's

ODST Pistol (Undetectable to Opposing Players) 

Rocket Launcher/Fuel Rod/Incini

Sniper/Beam/Binary Rifle (One shot in clip)

Shotgun/Sword/Scattershot Boltshot mix

SAW

Grenade Launcher or Sticky Det idc

Include some forerunner weapons with new mechanics like that one weapon that slows everything down which was cut from H4.

On Map Pickups:

Camo AA

Jetpack

OS

Promethean Vision

Stop giving specifics, start trying to get people to think about PRINCIPLES that make for good gameplay.

1. Give the player a chance, off-spawn, against anyone at any range - the only exception being if the player has managed to let the opponent collect an entire map's worth of advantages (e.g. power weapon + powerup).

2. Never allow a player to spawn with instant-kill anything (plasma grenade, plasma pistol, boltshot, etc).

3. Make the player feel powerful while still strictly adhering to the above rules. You can do this the following ways:

• Quicker perfect kill times with spawn weapons. There has not been a game that allows a player to get sub-1.5 second perfect kill in any Halo since CE. That said, the average kill time has been roughly the same in literally every Halo. Halo CE was a lot harder to aim so the additional missed shots made everything even out. Bump the power of everything and stop nerfing. Don't take it to CoD levels, but make people feel powerful again. This nerfing idiocy is killing halo.
  • And MOST importantly, better skill analysis and effective skill-based matchmaking. Nothing makes a player feel more powerless than playing people that absolutely RAVAGE him. People quit after getting 1 kill and 19 deaths. NEVER allow that to happen. There are easy ways of telling who is good and who isnt. Use k/d at first then once games start getting consistently close and K/ds start settling and averaging towards 1.0, start using wins.
  • Focus on OFFENSE not DEFENSE*. Sprint is firstly defensive. Now let's go through the armor abilities regen-DEFENSE, thruster-DEFENSE, camo-DEFENSE, hardlight shield-DEFENSE. Jet pack, PV, holo, sentry, they can all be used defensively even when they may have some offensive merit. Perks? Shielding, explosives, wheelman, awareness, sensor, survivor, recharge, resistor ALL DEFENSE. Strictly offensive abilities could be cool, much like BXR or Doubleshot if properly implemented with good risk/reward.

Do that. Then I'm happy.

*footnote, typing this again made me remember something I wrote to Ghostayame on skype a few months ago:

I mean stack the defensive options it and watch what kind of ridiculous scenarios you can create.

hypothetically:

A player gets a defensive overshield in his ordnance and calls it down.

he then gets into a mantis, which provides full body cover against all damage.

His additional shield adds strength to the vehicle.

He has wheelman enabled, which adds even more defensive strength to the vehicle.

After countless shots, the vehicle is finally destroyed.

He also has the defensive option survivor enabled, which saves him from the explosion.

He takes shots, loses shields and pops his Regen, regaining his shields.

After a couple more shots taken, and no more regen field, he defensively sprints to safety.

You potentially could have just put close to 300 rifle shots into a player, never missing even one, and still never got a kill due to the extent of defensive options that players are provided. This is not Halo, halo is about risk and reward. It's intangibles like this that developers seem not to get.

the waypoint argument is "well u didnt try to kill tha mantis right" but thats not what the complaint is about

OFFENSE, NOT DEFENSE.

• Upvote (+1) 2