Fear Clinic

Community Wish Lists for Halo 5 Multiplayer

Hey guys! Since Halo 5 has been announced for 2015 and not late 2014 as some speculated, that means we still have a decent amount of time for our opinions to be heard by 343i and hopefully implemented into the final cut of the game. With this thread I'd like to collect the whole lot of everyone's wish lists; not just my own. Don't be afraid to go into detail with your wish list either! 

This thread isn't just a Halo 5 discussion, so try to stay on the topic what was you would like to see in the Halo 5 Multiplayer. If this thread is successful I'll also probably put up a Halo 5 Campaign wish list thread.

To keep the first post of the thread from being too cluttered and a huge wall of text, I'm going to trim my wishlist for H5 Multiplayer into a top 10 list.

:ALSO: Please don't start arguing, as a highly competitive Halo player, I know how a lot of us are about our opinions when it comes to stuff like sprint, the DMR, and armor abilities. If someone posts their opinion feel free to express that you feel differently about the subject and why you do so, but keep it polite.

Alright, my top 10 isn't really going to be in order of importance, so here it goes:

1) The Menus and Navigation: I honestly couldn't stand the Halo 4 menu screen. At first, yeah it was cool, but it was literally 50 shades of blue. The navigation was a bit weak also, especially compared to how attractive the Halo: Reach menus were, in my opinion the greatest menu in a Halo game. The way all of your online friends were displayed in the Reach menu was flawless. Also two things that really got on my nerves about the Halo 4 menus were: A) In matchmaking the names of players were turned sideways on their playercards making them a little bit hard to read. Also greatly disliked the same repetitive music that you couldn't turn down while sitting in the lobby having a chat with your friends.

2) Keep the Battle Rifle and a 4SK (four shot kill) and keep the DMR (if it makes an appearance in Halo 5) at a slower kill rate compared to the DMR. This is for many reasons, the 4SK is classic Halo. When Halo 4 was first released the BR was a 5SK which was really slow compared to earlier games and just felt clunky and unnatural for Halo. Not to mention if the DMR has the same rate of fire/kill rate as the BR at close range that defeats the purpose of calling the DMR... Well, a DesignatedMarksmenRifle because it was noticeably better at long range (DUH) AND close range when the BR was at a 5SK.

3) Have all the good playlists ready and available on launch day.  When Halo 4 was released we only had all of the Infinity Playlists which were arguably the worst and most noob friendly, and my opinion was why the Halo 4 population plummeted from the night of release the very next day. There were simply no playlists! Go ahead, give us your strange spin-off playlists that have ordnance drops, strange weapon spawns, and outright dumb mechanics. (I'm talking about you FFA Regicide.) Give us those "bare bones" playlists where we start off with nothing but a BR/AR, possibly no sprint, and somewhat competitive weapons on the map. Example: two snipers, maybe rockets in the middle with limited ammo. 343i has hired a lot of retired MLG pros so I doubt the playlists will be weak at launch the way they were with H4 but shiet we had to wait like 3 months for 343i to put SWAT, one of the most popular gametypes, in rotation.

4) Weapon Skins. For the love of all things beautiful please keep these in the game. There were a lot of designs I didn't like at first so skins didn't really get me excited but when the Bullseye DLC was released and I saw those clockwork/steampunk weapon skins my face literally melted.

5) Give us armor attachments back! One of the best things about Halo: Reach was the armor options because a helmet could look totally drab and boring at first but then you add a really cool attachment to it and it looks like a completely new helmet. Yeah Halo 4 had armor skins, but these didn't really compare to a robotic arm and the pouches and holsters you could add to your spartan to make him look all the more battle ready.

6) Forge: 343i did a great job with forge in Halo 4, but there were a few things that really rustled my jimmies. I hated how some forge maps had objects and object styles that were exclusive to that map only. Maybe I want a space station looking building (pieces exclusive to impact) on the erosion map to give it the effect of a spacecraft landing in an eroding mining facility to check for lifeforms.. Actually that would make an awesome flood map...

7) Fix infection pl0x. Infection was a really REALLY fun gametype in Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, but when it switched from Infection to Flood, it tanked hard. Don't get me wrong, the flood armor and animations that came with it were absolutely awesome. But I ended up getting more kills as a flood than being a survivor because the flood was so overpowered. Not only were they mega fast, but the MASSIVE distance the flood arm has and the armor abilities they spawn with make them damn near impossible to kill compared to past games. I miss getting 40 kills in one game of infection that took 10 minutes. Instead of the top score being 10 kills in a 3 minute flood match. :L

8) Have playability in mind instead of what’s aesthetically pleasing. Certain Affinity has this thing were they really REALLY like to make maps look absolutely beautiful and give them really interesting backstories, but they play like crap most of the time and this is due to the fact that in Halo 4 a “small” map is actually quite large. There’s a reason this happens; it’s sprint. For example, remember back in Halo 3 when Guardian was one of the best maps? Small enough for a 1v1 or a 2v2, and even versatile enough to play 4v4 game types such as oddball on?  Yeah well if you load up a Guardian forge remake on Halo 4 it literally feels 10x small than it used to be because it takes about four and a half seconds to run the length of the map! Remember the jump on the map The Pit from plat to green box? It would take a little practice to get that jump down in Halo 3, but in the Halo 4 remake all you had to do was sprint jump. Which is why sprint lands at number nine on my list. TL;DR Make actually small maps for no-sprint gametypes.

9) Don’t remove sprint, but use it sparingly and also tweak the reticle after sprint. Sprint is great and awful at the same time. Like I stated above it broke “small” maps. But it’s great for campaign (legendary runs when you just need to gtfo ASAP) and gametypes like Big Team Battle, grifball, and some other playlists. 1v1s are on the list of things sprint hurt badly. Didn’t get the first shot in a BR battle? #Sprint No shields? #SprintHarder. Sprint is obviously not leaving Halo so people need to stop begging for its removal. 343i just needs to give us a highly competitive no sprint playlist at launch. Also give us the heavy panting back! That was the best part about sprint in Reach, being able to hear other players Spartans panting like a dehydrated brute when they chose to sprint. Lastly I don’t know why this was implemented in the game but I absolutely cannot stand how long it takes the reticle to show up and allow you to shoot after you leave sprint mode, it was great in Reach.

10) Stop buffing noob weapons like the AR. I don’t care what people say, the AR kills way to fast. It’s so easy to jetpack straight up and just spray the AR straight down. Given it’s a noob weapon and it’s supposed to be easy to use. But in the hands of a “try hard” player it’s annoying deadly at times.

I’ll probably add a bit more later on but for now I’m going to keep it at a top 10 wants list.

Discuss and post your own wish lists! 

:MISFIT WISHES:

This is where I'll be posting my random hopes for H5 that I missed in the above post/forgot to add.

1) Radar. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm not directly looking at the Halo 4 radar I can hardly tell if a red dot is above me, below me, or the same level as me. Radar isn't really in any competitive settings, but when I do use radar I prefer the Reach radar that was much easier to tell where a red dot was placed without pausing to look down at the radar directly.

2) Descope.  I'm going to add this just so no one calls me out on not adding it to my list, although I'm not sure what I hate more, flinching or descoping. Regardless of what goes into the final game. FML. Haha

3) Weapon Attachments. Wait, WHAT?! Calm down and listen to what I mean. If you watch

where I got the idea. You might understand. Cool little customizations such as.. 'Hmmm I want  my BR to have red dot scope, wait no, an ACOG scope!.." By this I mean chaning the way the weapon looks while you're zoomed out, the same as weapon skins and armor attachments in Reach, just cosmetic. Let me repeat, customized sights that are only cosmetic. I think that would be cool. Not only that buy maybe go a little deeper: If you zoom in with a BR in H4 what color is the scope lens? It's blue; and when you zoom in with the DMR? It's a green lens. What if you could choose the color of that? Again, nothing that changes the way the game is played. JUST COSMETIC. 

If you still don't understand, this is what I mean. If you take a BR and add a long range scope to it, it now has a much longer field of view, if you add a grenade launcher to the bottom of a BR that also changes the way the game is played. If I'm using my custom BR that when zoomed in the screen is red instead of blue, someone using a standard BR is still using the same weapon as me. No advantages there. This is what I mean, see how it's green? What if you could change that setting. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Out of the box game an not a complex tug of war over settings like Reach/H4.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Out of the box game an not a complex tug of war over settings like Reach/H4.

Agreed. I feel like after H4 the BR/DMR/AR should be pretty much as polished as the community wants it. Why spent so much time in H4 fixing and fine tuning weapons to change them in the next game right? I'm mostly hoping they don't try this rotational playlist nonsense again. 

we still have a decent amount of time for our opinions to be heard by 343i and hopefully implemented into the final cut of the game. 

Let's not kid ourselves. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1 (including PC)

- Flamethrower and battery-arc fuel rod. 

- The DMR should be like the H1 pistol, but on-map pickup only.

- DLC: Battle Creek, Blood Gulch, Chill Out, Damnation, Hang 'Em High, Rat Race.

- Big campaign maps.

- Custom game browser.

- Audio hit markers.

- Powerful vehicles.

Halo 2

- Arbiter & Brutes in story-line.

- Playable elites.

- DLC: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Turf, Waterworks, Zanzibar.

- Varied and interesting campaign missions.

- Halo 2 BR should be starting utility weapon for H5.

- 3-way battles.

- Amazing easter eggs and skulls.

Halo 3

- Dual wielding system.

- Social & Ranked playlists.

- DLC: Avalanche, Guardian, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap, Snowbound, The Pit.

- Equipment. Balanced for the most part (some were taken out of MM).

- Balanced sandbox. All weapons are useful, and BTB isn't dominated by vehicles or primary rifles. Vehicles have perfect damage-health ratio. Most balanced sniper in Halo series.

- Brute weapons and vehicles. 

- Custom game options.

Halo 3: ODST

- Music.

- Firefight.

- DLC: Loved the way they included H3 DLC with ODST. Include H5 beta and DLC with H2A.

- ODSTs of course!

- Auto-mag and tactical SMG.

- Stealth missions in H5.

- Underdog feeling.

Halo Reach

- New vehicles.

- Invasion.

- MM speeds and UI.

- Squad mission in H5.

- Fixed loadouts for social.

- Focus rifle.

- Jun.

Halo 4

-Spartan Ops.

-Emotional story.

-DLC: Exile, Haven, Skyline.

-Prometheans & all Promethean weapons.

-Mantis.

-All AAs, as on-map pickups with fuel.

-Graphics.

Edited Random Thoughts:

-Descope, no flinch.

-No sprint. 

-Combat roll ability replacing H4 sprint.

-No "secondaries". Loadout with AR & BR (or CC & SR if Elite... in social).

-Dual-wielding that's more powerful. Have pairs of magnums, plasma rifles, spikers, etc. around maps that are actually powerful. As long as they're kept in pairs, it won't matter that the standalone weapons are nerfed. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think weapon names like Battle Rifle or Designated Marksman Rifle should matter when it comes to gameplay mechanics.

The Magnum hardly acts like a conventional Magnum.  Who cares.

The DMR is classic Halo, or are people so ready to forget Halo CE?

If we do keep the BR as the utility weapon, I'd prefer it have less spread and possible a higher headshot-bullet requirement.

I'd prefer Loadouts, but don't care much if they get removed.

More crisp strafe, less aim assist.

Descope.

Halo CE / Halo 2 Melee Mechanics (take the best from each).

Automatics can be powerful and skillful.  Just design them properly.

If sprint is to be kept, make it a short distance burst of speed.  This results in it being more offensive and less defensive, as well as having much less impact on map design.

Remove or greatly lower the delay to shoot after sprinting.

Map editor instead of Forge.  Such as the one in TimeSplitters 3.

Server Browser along with Ranked Matchmaking.

Nameplates, Skins, Armor Attachments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think weapon names like Battle Rifle or Designated Marksman Rifle should matter when it comes to gameplay mechanics.

The Magnum hardly acts like a conventional Magnum.  Who cares.

The DMR is classic Halo, or are people so ready to forget Halo CE?

If we do keep the BR as the utility weapon, I'd prefer it have less spread and possible a higher headshot-bullet requirement.

I'd prefer Loadouts, but don't care much if they get removed.

More crisp strafe, less aim assist.

Descope.

Halo CE / Halo 2 Melee Mechanics (take the best from each).

Automatics can be powerful and skillful.  Just design them properly.

If sprint is to be kept, make it a short distance burst of speed.  This results in it being more offensive and less defensive, as well as having much less impact on map design.

Remove or greatly lower the delay to shoot after sprinting.

Map editor instead of Forge.  Such as the one in TimeSplitters 3.

Server Browser along with Ranked Matchmaking.

Nameplates, Skins, Armor Attachments.

I was just pointing out that it's meant for long range not close range like the BR, so it shouldn't be equal to the BR in CQC and better in long range like it was originally in H4. I'd also love to see a map editor implemented too. 

Here's an excerpt from my thread.

"

MOVEMENT
I believe the movement should be a tweaked version of Halo 2's mechanics. The speed of the spartan should have a 10% increase, and the strafe should be more crisp and responsive. Weapon switching should be slightly faster than normal to promote interesting gun-play on a confrontation. Crouching and Gandhi-hopping should be a bigger factor in making a good strafe.
Oh, and no sprint. At all. Ever.

WEAPONS
The Battle Rifle should not have spread. The Carbine should not have spread. The DMR must have lower aim assist when using the scope. The Light Rifle must have lower aim assist when using the scope, and have a faster rate of fire when unscoped. The Assault Rifle in Halo 4 is the best iteration. The Storm Rifle should have less bloom. The Suppressor should have less bloom.

The Magnum should be a five shot kill to the head. The Plasma Pistol primary fire should kill in at least 9 shots, and have less spread. The Boltshot's primary fire should kill in seven shots; the secondary charge should only take out 75% of the shield.

Frags should have a 10% increase of blast radius, and a 10% decrease in damage. Plasma grenades should have a 10% increase of blast radius. Pulse Grenades should have a 20% increase of nonstop damage while in the damage zone.

The aim assist should be decreased to a point where it takes more skill to get a perfect 4 shot, 5 shot, 7 shot, etc.

LOADOUTS
All players are given only two loadouts. They can have a Battle Rifle or a Carbine as their primary, and a Magnum or an Assault Rifle as their secondary. They can only have Frag Grenades. Plasma and Pulse Grenades must be found on the map. The DMR and the Light Rifle must be found on the map.

ARMOR ABILITIES
The abilities are all now pick-ups on the map. When you die, another player can take your AA and use it. Not all maps will have every AA to choose from; some will have regens, some will have thrusters and jet packs, etc. If the AA is not picked up after thirty seconds, it will reset back to its original position.

POWER-UPS
Overshield gives three extra shields but decays 10% faster. Active Camo reverts back to a power-up. Speed Boost gives the player a 50% increase in all forms of movement, and will have more control of acceleration and stopping. Damage Boost will have a 50% increase in damage, along with having a 20% melee lunge increase.

ORDNANCE
I think that the strongest weapons on the map should have an indicator over them that shows up once for twenty seconds, and then never shows again. The rest of the weapons will spawn as they did in the older Halo games. 30 second Despawn time.

I believe these settings can be used for all the standard gametypes of Halo 5. The competitive settings will only need to disable radar and loadouts."

There you go.

I'll come back to this later, but right now I'll say...

• FOV 90 degrees
  • Weapon skins returning with WAY more options to choose from
  • LESS armor, bring back armor attachments, and have Armor skins be allowed on every armor piece
  • All emblems from previous games back + plus new ones. 
  • Color Wheel for armor

Will add more.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Something that I would like is that for the Pulse Grenade to be an on-map pickup(Meaning no loadouts in Halo 5), and have it last a couple seconds longer, and do more damage if you are in it. I feel like the best use for that grenade is for a "roadblock", but as it currently sits, you can pass through it with barely any damage being dealt, or you will barely have to wait at all for it to clear. I feel that it could add to gameplay much more than it currently does.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Other then a Balanced and Competitive/Casual game with in Game Ranks.

I believe xp/exp per playlist is a huge thing and adds longevity to the game (it should work similar to H3 style or exp)

The ui need to be clean and informative .

Projectile gunfire. Hit-scan feels so... artificial? ...and of course reduced aim-assist.

And to add to @ZipCity117's post... projectile bullets would make that CE pistol-esque DMR so much better for gameplay. I thought it was so fun having to lead shots back in Halo 3. It just felt so natural in the context of the game. But pulling off a smooth 3sk from across the map, leading your shots, with a juiced up H5 DMR?

Sounds pretty sick to me... I think it'd be perfect if they even reduced its rate of fire a bit to compensate for its damage buff, and so it wasn't so dominant close quarters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You had sprint, im done

my list-

1- I want a rank League like starcraft or LoL has

2- better lobby like 3 or reach and mute button on lobby music

3- remove sprint

4 add descoping

5- keep br at 4sk, keep dmr at 5sk but can shoot faster then Br, make them equal in power and range.

6- get rid of AA, Ordinances, bring back Power ups and equipment as main focus of game 

7- PLEASE FIX the WAY the GAME LOOKS, halo 3 was the best looking one IMO

8- make theater better

9- bring back old infection

10- better weapon, armour, emblem, color choices

11- make loadouts better i like the idea of people using different guns like in cod

12- FOR GOD SAKES PLEASE MAKE A GOOD MAP

13-  and theres more stuff but thats all i could think of at the time GG

Bonus- i would like the game already competitive as "Default" where we as the competitive community wouldnt have to change anything 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You had sprint, im done

my list-

1- I want a rank League like starcraft or LoL has

2- better lobby like 3 or reach and mute button on lobby music

3- remove sprint

4 add descoping

5- keep br at 4sk, keep dmr at 5sk but can shoot faster then Br, make them equal in power and range.

6- get rid of AA, Ordinances, bring back Power ups and equipment as main focus of game 

7- PLEASE FIX the WAY the GAME LOOKS, halo 3 was the best looking one IMO

8- make theater better

9- bring back old infection

10- better weapon, armour, emblem, color choices

11- make loadouts better i like the idea of people using different guns like in cod

12- FOR GOD SAKES PLEASE MAKE A GOOD MAP

13-  and theres more stuff but thats all i could think of at the time GG

Bonus- i would like the game already competitive as "Default" where we as the competitive community wouldnt have to change anything 

Sprint is one of those things that I don't like. I'm just facing the fact that it's not one of those things that they will ever  remove from the series. So I'm just saying have no sprint options in the game settings and have competitive no sprint playlists at launch. Solves the problem and there won't be anyone complaining about sprint being removed. I know no one on these forums would be upset about it, but the other half of Halo that isn't all about keeping the old Halo settings that hangs around on the waypoint forums would miss it. 

I'll keep it short and simple. I'll say something I don't want: anything that was in Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll keep it short and simple. I'll say something I don't want: anything that was in Halo 4.

Nah, Halo 4 had a few strongpoints

- Boltshot is a nice new weapon that isn't a clone (looking at you scattershot). People wouldn't complain about it if it hadn't been in loadouts.

- Mantis is a nice addition, except the other vehicles were so weak that Mantis was OP.

- Covenant Carbine was useful after TU. Strongest it's been so far in Halo series.

- Campaign graphics were amazing.

- Rockets were perfectly balanced for first time.

- AR was finally useful.

Halo 5 isn't coming out this year, The Snazzer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A consistent utility rifle without randomness such as bloom/spread along with no sprint, descope, and the 1-50 ranking system along with maps that suited for 4vs4 no ridiculously oversized maps like complex or Adrift.